List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Get annoyed by people saying we should have played Hayes. He wasn't ready. Another preseason and he will be. His B&F indicates he was close. But I don't see him working in tandem with Lycett- it will be one or the other.
This is actually a big potential issue with losing Ladhams. With Ladhams in our squad we could debut Hayes, knowing that we've got another quality ruck in the side to help him get his feet at the higher level. We're going to be a horribly unbalanced side if we try running out with both Hayes and Lycett in the line up.

This is actually a big potential issue with losing Ladhams. With Ladhams in our squad we could debut Hayes, knowing that we've got another quality ruck in the side to help him get his feet at the higher level. We're going to be a horribly unbalanced side if we try running out with both Hayes and Lycett in the line up.
Not really. If Hayes is getting beaten in ruck, switching Ladhams in won’t help the situation.

We can maybe find an occasion for Hayes to debut with Lycett but I suspect very quickly, Hayes will play as the only ruck.

Nah not a chance.

Maybe 1 of the six needs to be out, thats it at most.

Hayes and Lycett ruck combo. MG/Finlayson kpfs. Todd link up man who can float forward.
We didn't even keept the three tall forwards + Ladhams + Lycett once the small forwards were all available.
There's no way we're going to replace Ladham's mobility with Hayes and keep the same tall forward profile.

We'll play 1 of Lycett/Hayes
And 3 of Gerogiades, Dixon, Finlayson and Marshall.

We didn't even keept the three tall forwards + Ladhams + Lycett once the small forwards were all available.
There's no way we're going to replace Ladham's mobility with Hayes and keep the same tall forward profile.

Could see us playing all four of Georgiades, Dixon, Finlayson, Marshall

Not really. If Hayes is getting beaten in ruck, switching Ladhams in won’t help the situation.

We can maybe find an occasion for Hayes to debut with Lycett but I suspect very quickly, Hayes will play as the only ruck.
Yes it would, because Ladhams will force the opposition to have to run with their number 1 ruck longer, which means Hayes would get to work into the game against either the backup or a more tired opponent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Either way, we're certainly playing more than 3.

Even if we absolutely nail pick 12, and Ladhams never plays a game and is the driving force behind a scandal that costs Sydney several first round draft picks, this was a sh*t trade.

I said when we traded Wingard that trading Wingard wasn't the worst part, it was trashing his reputation, making it very clear we want him out, and subsequently lowering his value. We've done exactly the same again here.
El_Scorcho wins first prize in the Most Head-Spinning Post category. :trophy::trophy::trophy:

So we nail pick 12 who become a superstar
Ladhams never plays another game for Sydney
He single-handedly trashes Sydney's culture

Yet Port, who identified this, is to blame & loses on the trade?

I have a headache!

Putting my Janus hat on:

CD putting the 'first rounder' price tag on Ladhams may have been a tactic to set the price high to cull interest from other clubs. Anchor the high price and then negotiate down if you have to.

He knew Sydney showed interest last year and that we could deal with them. They had pick 12 as well as Dawson wanting to come to SA. They may have been the target all along.

Taking my Janus hat off:

As you said, we f’ed it.
Liked for the use of "Janus hat" ... I am going straight out to get me one of these babies!

1634182808102.png

*** PS: This is actually a real thing!!

Last edited:
P
We won't delist another 5 players. Don't have enugh picks to accommodate the roster spaces for them this year.

So we may be playing a couple of list spots short - or going for several rookie picks instead of main list picks.
To save money.

Cos we've gone from having a gigantic war chest that enabled us to offer Merrett a bong of a deal for 2 months ago, then delisting Hammer and Rocky on big coin, and miraculously in the space of no time at all, lost the entire kaboodle of cash we had! :drunk::drunk::drunk::rolleyes::huh:

Doesn't pass the pub test IMHO.

Will our supreme commanders ever tell us the real reasons?
Pay out hinkley's 6 months next year

The guys from HPN Footy who developed the PAV, Cody Atkinson and Sean Lawson have done this sort of analysis for each trade (inc Finlayson). Not every trade has a graph but every trade has the Value In for both sides table

1634183791820.png

1634183973987.png

The trade sees a slight switch of first-round draft of a similar value range, and leaves Ladhams balanced against the Swans' future third.

Even if they drop after a breakthrough year, Ladhams is likely to slightly outperform the balance of picks.

Verdict
Pretty fair trade for an appealing player, even with the first-round swap.

Last edited:
Sydney's third rounder replaces the one we gave up for Finlayson and allows us to trade our first round pick next year to acquire Lukosius without having to * around looking for a deal that gets us a third.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back