List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Merrett would be awesome. Hopefully Essendon come bottom so it wouldn't require a trade.

Hewett and Dumont as unrestricted free agents might be options, but let's start with Merrett!

Jack Lukosius would be the 1st I'd be chasing but it would cost a fair bit to get him.

Offer a good deal to Merrett and let Essendon take a compo pick.
Send our 1st to the Suns for Luko.
Take Jase as Father-son.
I'd be pretty happy.

Merrett would fit in perfectly I reckon. On the Merrett thread I've been shot down because we never get non Sa big names nah.

Last edited:
We have 1 f/s in Jace.

First round pick and then fourth round.

Trading in will be problematic.

Merrett is a free agent and we have been getting the treasure chest ready ;)

We have never been afraid to use future picks and you never know who might be traded.

We also picked up future picks in draft trading.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We couldn't afford what Lukosius would be worth as a developing tall forward prospect and we shouldn't pay what GC would want for the quarterback-style player they are turning him into.

Merrett kind of reminds me of Rockliff in that he isn't particularly quick but works hard to find space, accumulates the ball and will pick options that are achievable with his disposal ability. He will cop a bit from people saying he plays soft but he is just a good outside player, something we need to balance the midfield. He'll attack the ball and player when he needs to. Not sure how him returning to the leadership group affects the prospect of him leaving but hopefully we've put the work in to convince him.

We couldn't afford what Lukosius would be worth as a developing tall forward prospect and we shouldn't pay what GC would want for the quarterback-style player they are turning him into.

Merrett kind of reminds me of Rockliff in that he isn't particularly quick but works hard to find space, accumulates the ball and will pick options that are achievable with his disposal ability. He will cop a bit from people saying he plays soft but he is just a good outside player, something we need to balance the midfield. He'll attack the ball and player when he needs to. Not sure how him returning to the leadership group affects the prospect of him leaving but hopefully we've put the work in to convince him.
My concern would be getting him away from family his mum has MS I think.
It didn't stop his bro leaving to play in the WAFL so fingers crossed.[/QUOTE]

Merrett isn't slow and has more of an outside game than Rockliff, uses the ball better too. I think he'd be a big upgrade.
Not slow, not quick. Agree about being outside which I did mention. I remember CD rating him below average in terms of his kicking but he seems to pick targets and execute within his ability.

He'd be a big upgrade for sure, especially (but not solely) considering we lack his type.

I read that kozzie Pickett has been in South Australia for the last couple of weeks rather than in Victoria training with Melbourne. You would think Port would be keeping close tabs on any situation that exists. Out of his first contract at the end of this year.

Edit. Close family bereavement. Hope he is okay and gets back to playing some good football with Melbourne this year.

Last edited:
I read that kozzie Pickett has been in South Australia for the last couple of weeks rather than in Victoria training with Melbourne. You would think Port would be keeping close tabs on any situation that exists. Out of his first contract at the end of this year.

Thought he was in WA for a funeral?

Edit. Close family bereavement. Hope he is okay and gets back to playing some good football with Melbourne this year.
Did he sign an extension? I thought he did if not would we trade our first? I would.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back