List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

not sure how i feel about this.....

C4[2]Yo`DooR

"Port throwing all sorts of crazy money at Merrett to sway him.

Will make him the highest paid player on their list by a long way, and one of the highest paid in the comp for the next two years.

In the event that he doesn’t stay loyal to Essendon, that deal will take some beating.

It’s strange that these types of conversations are now happening even before the season starts - scary path we are heading down."

C4[2]Yo`DooR

Will make him the highest paid player on their list by a long way, and one of the highest paid in the comp for the next two years.

In the event that he doesn’t stay loyal to Essendon, that deal will take some beating.

It’s strange that these types of conversations are now happening even before the season starts - scary path we are heading down."
As long as our kids are taken care of first have no problem throwing cash around has to be used.

C4[2]Yo`DooR

Good. Our club has set themselves up over the last few years to do just this.

Merrett would be the absolute perfect fit. Right age, huge talent and could easily keep us in premiership contention for a few years

I expect the end of the Motlop and Rockliff contracts will free up 1 mill. I can't see either of them being on the list next year. Grays contract will reduce, he's just not going to get big money any more. Merrett is exactly what we need and I like the fact he's mates with Fanta, helps with our pitch to him...

It’s strange that these types of conversations are now happening even before the season starts - scary path we are heading down.
Polec made his decision to leave Brisbane for Port 10 months before the trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have heard that Merrett is all but done already. Kinda confirms things spoken about in this thread. Will play it out for Ess and not sign a new deal and come across.

Kind a neat transition out of Rockliff.

Would absolutely love this to be true.

ill be honest i dont watch much ess, but what comes to mind when i hear his name is a soft front runner who wont get his hardball.
Happy to be wrong and obviously our drafting / trading guys have done a awesome job in the last few years, so happy to be proven wrong!

I have heard that Merrett is all but done already. Kinda confirms things spoken about in this thread. Will play it out for Ess and not sign a new deal and come across.

Hope your right will be few people on the main board I would like to see proven very wrong.

Not a done deal - but he's very interested. Have blown Hawthorn/Carlton/Sydney/Collingwood out of the water.

1614136813869.png

ill be honest i dont watch much ess, but what comes to mind when i hear his name is a soft front runner who wont get his hardball.
Happy to be wrong and obviously our drafting / trading guys have done a awesome job in the last few years, so happy to be proven wrong!
I am a bit the same mate, but i dont watch enough of Essendon or him to be as good a judge as others.

Not a done deal - but he's very interested. Have blown Hawthorn/Carlton/Sydney/Collingwood out of the water.

View attachment 1064188
Maybe what I heard was stronger than where it really sits, but time will tell. To be fair, as a Port fan, I am not overly fussed either way.

Maybe what I heard was stronger than where it really sits, but time will tell. To be fair, as a Port fan, I am not overly fussed either way.

There's always other fish in the Ocean.

No disrespect to Rockliff but merret would bring something more to this club than Rocky and Port will have to keep chasing if they want to win flags as Boak, and Grey are on their way out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back