List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Josh Kelly would have to be right up there as a need for us. Left footer, highly skilled, runs all day, can play inside but more outside. RFA also.

It’ll be intriguing to see what he looks for. Flag or cash. If I was him, I would take the ridiculous cash on offer at a big Vic club, then mooch off the AFL post retirement. But maybe he has more class and wants a flag - Port would be a tidy fit.

Merrett and Kelly are both very good players that would add another dimension to our midfield with their ball use inside 50 and not cost us anything at the trade table. Would also help ease the transition for our next generation of mids after Boak and Rockliff retire. We should be going hard at both. If we can convince one of them to come to PAFC it'll be huge for us.

Apr 3, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Brooklyn Nets
Rankine starting to look really bog standard right now, do not want. Luko I'd have every day of the week.
Merrett racked up 27 posessions against the Swans, but had miniscule impact. No real hurt factor for mine.

Have a crack at Luko or Rankine - can't hurt to try. Maybe Pickett or Flyin' Ryan as well.

Apr 3, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Brooklyn Nets
Merrett is still the one that interests me most. Contrary to some other posts around here, I think his form this year looks very strong. I love his workrate and reliability.
He is in better form the previous seasons, absolutely humming along, would be a great get.

Some really interesting stats from his game against the swans, 27 possessions, 9 tackles(2 more than our highest in houston), 8 intercept possessions(more than allir, wines, boak, only Burton had more interceptions with 11 than merrett) 35 pressure acts(huge), 529m gained(similar to Houston numbers 532) 101 minutes time on ground(more than any of our primo mids), 11 inside 50s(4 more than our best in duurs)

Last edited:

Revan11

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think Merrett is the most realistic target and would be a perfect fit for us. Bombers get a top 5 (hopefully) compo pick. We get Merrett (RFA) and two first rounders (Jace and pick ahead of Jace pick). We'd be laughing.

Josh Kelly would have to be right up there as a need for us. Left footer, highly skilled, runs all day, can play inside but more outside. RFA also.

It’ll be intriguing to see what he looks for. Flag or cash. If I was him, I would take the ridiculous cash on offer at a big Vic club, then mooch off the AFL post retirement. But maybe he has more class and wants a flag - Port would be a tidy fit.

you do realise we haven’t won a flag since 2004? It would be the biggest con pitch if we approached him on that.
With 4 final series in 14 years.....

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
you do realise we haven’t won a flag since 2004? It would be the biggest con pitch if we approached him on that.
With 4 final series in 14 years.....

we were minor premiers last year who lost to the eventual premiers by a whisker and have a list full of young stars. We look set for a finish around the top 4 again and as good a chance at a flag as any other team this season.

if Merrett wants a shot at a flag the list of teams to choose from could be counted on one hand and we are one of them.

we were minor premiers last year who lost to the eventual premiers by a whisker and have a list full of young stars. We look set for a finish around the top 4 again and as good a chance at a flag as any other team this season.

if Merrett wants a shot at a flag the list of teams to choose from could be counted on one hand and we are one of them.

Yep sounded good in 2015 too. Now I’m not a pessimist and hope we do well in 2021 our recent history shows that may not always be the outcome we expect

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Looks a beauty. I’m watching Serong dominate as a starting midfielder at the moment, and thinking if we can get Burgoyne and still hold on to our first round pick, one of those types is the next challenge for Geoff Parker.
Can you imagine us getting Merret, Jase Burgoyne, and a first round pick in this years draft to add to our current list?

I am not into gratuitous nudity (ok maybe artistic! ;)) .... but man, that would be 'pants down, around the table' stuff for me!

Last edited:

big boy jackavoy

Senior List
Oct 4, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Looks a beauty. I’m watching Serong dominate as a starting midfielder at the moment, and thinking if we can get Burgoyne and still hold on to our first round pick, one of those types is the next challenge for Geoff Parker.
I’d like a good key forward jack williams tearing up colts and he’s not even in peoples top 30 averaging 3.6 goals a game 7 marks 18.3 disposals

Last edited:
Nah Cochrane's a flog but he's not Dodoro levels of shithouse when it comes to trading players who want out. Only thing they'd be mindful of is if a big name draftee leaves then it might open the floodgates for another exodus, especially if they don't make finals in the next few years.
When did Cochrane pick up the List Manager / GM Football Operations job at the GC?

MrChow

Club Legend
Jun 24, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I want Merrett - But I feel like Dodobird will want a trade, saying pick 3-8 (wherever it’s falls), is not enough.

Can they also match the salary - is he restricted or unrestricted?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I want Merrett - But I feel like Dodobird will want a trade, saying pick 3-8 (wherever it’s falls), is not enough.

Can they also match the salary - is he restricted or unrestricted?
He is an RFA, but so was Daniher. Another compo pick around 6 to 8 and they wont match.

Whats the contract offer for a first rounder?

4-5 years $800+???

is he worth that?
Pre covid adjustments around $700k and 4-5 years. Post covid there might be an adjustment.

alipate

Debutant
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think Merrett is the most realistic target and would be a perfect fit for us. Bombers get a top 5 (hopefully) compo pick. We get Merrett (RFA) and two first rounders (Jace and pick ahead of Jace pick). We'd be laughing.
If be asking about Collingwoods first rounder. By the sounds of it young Daicos is going to go pretty early in the draft. They may want to trade it for extra points or an extra pick in next years draft

Back