List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

JakeNeadeFan

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Dylan Stephens plays one game for Sydney and then is omitted. I thought he was OK against Geelong.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Merrett has definitely been talking to Port.

"I haven’t made up my mind yet,’’

He’s had Mark Thompson, James Hird, Matt Egan for a handful of games, John Worsfold and Ben Rutten as coaches. And ASADA on top of that.

“That’s five coaches in my first six or seven years,’’ he said.

“You look at the clubs who have been successful and there’s a lot of stability in those clubs and, for me, it was like, when is this coming?

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Mr Experience

Southern Power fan
Apr 8, 2021
wat
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
“That’s five coaches in my first six or seven years,’’ he said.

“You look at the clubs who have been successful and there’s a lot of stability in those clubs and, for me, it was like, when is this coming?
Yet another confirmation that keeping Ken long term was and is the correct decision.

Stevros

Senior List
Jul 9, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If we can get Merrett without giving up anything I think it’d be worth having a crack at Harry McKay
In 2 years Dixon will be gone and him Marshall and Mitch would be a great 3 prong attack and they’re all agile so could play all 3

If we can get Merrett without giving up anything I think it’d be worth having a crack at Harry McKay
In 2 years Dixon will be gone and him Marshall and Mitch would be a great 3 prong attack and they’re all agile so could play all 3
If we delist or sign Rockliff on a low salary and then sign Merrett, our cap is almost full. We'd have to trade some people to fit another big incoming player.

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If we delist or sign Rockliff on low wages and then sign Merrett, our cap is almost full. We'd have to trade some people to fit another big incoming player.
I think we need to move Rocky and Hammer on at the end of the yr continue to stagger retirements.
I thought this before Ricky got injured and think we have Hammers position covered those 2 would free up abit along with our cap room we already have to spend.

Dalfino

#BringBackTheBars
May 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
He looks a bit fed up with Essendon right now

I quite like this from Merrett actually. Something that annoys me about the modern game is all the smiling, hugging and laughter between opposition players at the end of a game. It pisses me off. You've just lost by under a goal yet you're having a chuckle with the guy who kicked the match winner on you? It just looks s**t IMO. At least Merrett is showing he cares about winning.

You shake hands with the opposition with a stone face and get off the ground for the review. Maybe if it's an ex-teammate have a quick word or two. None of this 'having a giggle' s**t.

Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
SPS as an inside ball winner would compliment us well. Dow and Cunningham likewise.
O’Brien in that Duursma role.

Dow and O’Brien probably don’t reach their draft potential but I think SPS and Cunningham could and would add agility and speed to our centre square.
I don’t think any would cost much.

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
SPS as an inside ball winner would compliment us well. Dow and Cunningham likewise.

Dow and O’Brien probably don’t reach their draft potential but I think SPS and Cunningham could and would add agility and speed to our centre square.
Paddy Dow? You gotta be kidding me.

Mar 10, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

We should swap lists with Carlton

davesnothere

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We just get Merritt. That's our shopping list.
Have a look and see what our 1 round pick is and where Burgs is likely to land in the draft as to whether we hang on to it or sell it but we have targeted Merritt that's all I think we are seriously looking at.

If Dow and O'Brien weren't top 10 picks they would have been delisted by now. Terrible footballers.

David Cuningham on the other hand I actually do like.

Merrett def still the one. Nothing has changed from what I know. We are right at the top of the list. That said, i reckon we need Ess to finish bottom 4 for us to get him without Essendon matching what we offer to him (as an RFA).

Other Melbourne based clubs rumoured to be circling as well.

Is it Essendon or us or is it just GTFO of Essendon?

Oct 4, 2003
Portress
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Other Melbourne based clubs rumoured to be circling as well.

Is it Essendon or us or is it just GTFO of Essendon?
I think we are well down the path and you put a lot of work in which puts us in a stronger position over others who are just sniffing around now.

Back