List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wonder if we could have picked up Tom McDonald last year on the cheap

And do what? Would be a waste giving him games over Marshall and Georgiades, and he’s a horrible partner for Dixon. He’s looking better this year as a focal point for an up and about demons under perfect conditions for a kf after some average years.

Down back is he an upgrade on anyone?

GoPorts

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This team doesn't need guys like Mitch Wallis or Quinton Narkle.
We need genuine A graders and if not we continue to go to the draft.
Anything outside of that and we remain mediocre.
At this point my preference is the draft to build a list for the next coach.
More big name recruits isn't the answer. We've had the next big thing in Ryder, Dixon, rocky, motlop etc with no change at any point.
Adding to the list is pointless when we can't improve our structure or forward entries.
For god sake Pyke got the Crows to a GF with an average list by instilling discipline and structure. Players had a role and played to it, if one went down another could take their place. We fall apart once two third year players get injured
There has never been a point in the Hinkley years of a Port team performing even at the level of the sum of its parts. His gameplan against any decent team relies on individual brilliance from schultz, wingard, Gray, butters to go God mode and pull a win out of our arse rather than any reproducible and reliable system.
It's the same s**t over and over and it never changes there can't be any more excuses from this loser

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This team doesn't need guys like Mitch Wallis or Quinton Narkle.
We need genuine A graders and if not we continue to go to the draft.
Anything outside of that and we remain mediocre.
Agreed. I see no point in bulking out the 15th- 30th spots on our list.

It’s the top end that needs addressing, and tbd top end that takes a hit when boak and gray ride into the sunset.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I hate the “let’s get some tough mentally strong players” wishful thinking

It’s not the 80’s anymore. I also think it’s overlooking the obvious truth.

Toughness comes from knowing you’re better than your opponent. Without actually being very very good all you have is a arrogant player
Who breaks when he realises he isn’t good enough and doesn’t understand why just being angry isn’t winning games

Jordan and Gary Payton were tough competitors

Cause they had the skills and knew it.

Tough is just working so hard that you know that you have the skills and fitness that while things may not be falling your way now that if you keep working they will.

The “tough” guy who isn’t good enough will eventually give up when he keeps trying but things never seem to “fall” his way.

I respect all opinions, but i reckon he would be awesome. You are getting a guy that has come from a successful club, plays as a mid who is super clean and a beautiful kick. Still looks to have plenty in the tank too.

Signed for 2022.

Windy Cindy

Premiership Player
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Let’s go after kossie pickett. We should have moved heaven and earth to draft him.

perfect for our needs, transition him into the midfield.. elite skills and hardness and a 10 year player

Giving Marshall games is a waste, he’s soft. You can’t be soft as an AFL player, least of all if your a “key forward”.

Tall guys don’t get shorter late in the game and soft guys don’t get softer!

We should have traded him after the first glimmer of hope which quickly faded or repositioned him like Watts’ career

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Let’s go after kossie pickett. We should have moved heaven and earth to draft him.

perfect for our needs, transition him into the midfield.. elite skills and hardness and a 10 year player
We need a genuine mid not another small forward (as good as he is).

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back