List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Not disagreeing there as his efforts are downright horrible sometimes but he has the talent to be a good KP player at either end if the coaches can get through to him.
Personally i don't really think he makes your best 22. His best does... but its too few and far between. His rebound work as a defender is class. His defending as a defender is below the required standard to be selected at the level IMO.

He has to play forward... so either he becomes depth or you are moving away from the 2021 talls you played up front.

Likely to end up as a pick but out of interest are there any fringe players you could see hypothetically coming back?

Like Macca I don't mind the idea of Finlayson. Shouldn't be an expensive trade and he gives us a tall forward with a decent forward footy IQ.

He's much younger than I thought too.

He's a bit Westhoffy as I recall, good and bad but he is capable of kicking bags of goals.

He will spell trouble for any one of Marshall, Dixon and Ladhams as we have to make Georgiades our key forward target from next year. He's our Aaron Naughton.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
I'd be chuffed if we could land Finlayson, I think he's a pretty good player at both ends. Fills the big hole we have at that age/experience level in both KPD and KPF.

all seeing eye

exquirentibus veritatem
Nov 26, 2009
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Like Macca I don't mind the idea of Finlayson. Shouldn't be an expensive trade and he gives us a tall forward with a decent forward footy IQ.

He's a bit Westhoffy as I recall, good and bad but he is capable of kicking bags of goals.

He will spell trouble for any one of Marshall, Dixon and Ladhams as we have to make Georgiades our key forward target from next year. He's our Aaron Naughton.
If you thought Marshall Dixon and Ladhams were flaky at times and inconsistent then Finlayson should fit in as well. There's a reason GWS is letting him go for a late 2nd early 3rd round. Strange pickup from Port if true. Some suggestion that Dixon is looking to get back to GC and Marshall is being shopped around to NSW. May be a a very interesting trade period for us if true. Hope CD doesnt f it up.

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We should throw everything at Touk Miller.

Either Finlayson comes in as a KPD or Dixon is heading back to QLD. Can't see any other reasons this trade would happen.

Honestly, if he came in as a Dixon replacement I reckon he could be the next Schulz.

Thus is exactly where my mind went too, I remember reading a rumour earlier in the year about Dixon going back to QLD, I don't know where it came from so I assume it's bullshit, but if it did happen to be true I wouldn't be overly upset about turning Dixon into Finlayson.

It doesn't feel like anything addressing our major needs though

Jakksynn

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Finlayson is such a weird option. We’ve got better forwards and he hasn’t played as a KPD for 4 years. As others have said, It’d only make sense if we’ve got Marshall/Ladhams/Dixon on the trade block.

I dont mind Finlayson. His good is very good but he is very inconsistent.

1 kick, 1 mark, 1 tackle in a Grand Final scares me though.

1 kick, 1 mark, 1 tackle more than 99% of our list has had in a Grand final though

Established1870

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2016
Tigris River
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Problem is as a defender he’s everything we didn’t like about Howard and why we traded him (but worse)

the same with Trengove.

What? They're not even remotely comparable. Finlayson, as said earlier by a GWS fan in here, is a great kick and would actually be a good option to bring in for our defence considering how we like to kick it out from the back.

His issue, which has been said a million times by now, is that he's a lazy sook when he wants to be.

SureBuddy

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Finlayson is such a weird option. We’ve got better forwards and he hasn’t played as a KPD for 4 years. As others have said, It’d only make sense if we’ve got Marshall/Ladhams/Dixon on the trade block.
Do we? Not sure Ladhams or Marshall are better than Finlayson? God I would even say not sure if Dixon is currently better than Finlayson.

David Puddy

All Australian
Aug 19, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Ladhams can go as well.

Never going to be good enough to be a number one ruck, and doesn't do enough resting forward to warrant selection either.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We should be picking up guys who perform in shitty teams, week in week out.

I would much prefer we pick up young players and draft picks for the next coach after Hinkley

every pick we trade, or young player that gets replaced by an older player is just all that much further our list will be set back for the next coach.

I’m constantly baffled by the constant suggestions that we bring in player x (whos in the 2nd half of their career) as if that’s the magical missing piece to hinkleys masterpiece

Right now it’s all about damage control.

Don’t let Hinkley burn the list on the way out.

Jojay

PISS BLASTERS "RS"
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Would take Finlayson over Dixon at this stage. Time to stop building the forward line around Dicko, he's finished.
Wasn't a great year by Charles compared to his breakout AA year. Wonder if he was carrying an injury. Almost became a one trick pony (or should that be one arm).

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What? They're not even remotely comparable. Finlayson, as said earlier by a GWS fan in here, is a great kick and would actually be a good option to bring in for our defence considering how we like to kick it out from the back.

His issue, which has been said a million times by now, is that he's a lazy sook when he wants to be.

It wasn’t kicking that saw us turf Howard and Trengove for Jonas , clurey and McKenzie.

We clearly preferred smaller mobile better on the ground players to Howard and Trengove who are aerial threats but horrific when the ball went to ground in the back half.

when the ball hits the deck finlayson is a bollard. There’s no way our current coach plays him there.

Back