List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Power list boss Jason Cripps told 3AW’s Sportsday the Power would only be willing to part with Ladhams if they were adequately compensated in a trade.

“He‘s played in all four finals the last two years, so he’s been a really important part of our structure. In discussions with Pete at the end of the year, he was certainly looking for more opportunities to play ruck,” Cripps said.

“He’s probably more a ruck who can go forward as opposed to a key forward who’s a second ruck

“Sometimes with list management, you‘ve got to give something good up to get something good in return and you’ve just got to be able to have open discussions. If there was an opportunity for Pete for what he was looking for and then obviously in terms of what we might get, we just we were happy to have a look and see what may come of it.

“He is contracted, we haven’t had anyone coming to us with any significant at this stage. “We’re open-minded. We’ve got this ability now to trade future picks … We’re certainly in the market for being able to get into the draft, so it’d be draft picks. We’re just open-minded with what it may look like.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/te...s/news-story/671682227e2ae756ecceb885af24bc12

“Port would want a fair bit for him, but if that Jordan Dawson deal gets done, well Sydney will have a couple of high picks. Certainly then I think it’s likely that Ladhams finds his way to Sydney.”

Meanwhile Dal Santo goes on about him forming a ruck tandem with Hickey. He already has that with Lycett.

Still seems a massive giveaway in Freo's favour to me. Presuming that pick 19 goes to Geelong for Clark, Freo essentially get Clark and Brodie for next year's 2nd.

Suns get what, more cap space and a couple more picks next year but lose an end of first rounder to do it.
It is purely a salary cap dump. They tried to offer 19+ McPherson to North, for the same reason, North said ok we don't have to give up anything so we will pay 100% of his salary, but McPherson said no way. Pick 19 was the AFL's freebie compo pick they gave in 2019 when they gave 5 extra picks over 3 years, so its no real biggy for the GC to give up.

"I wanna be surprised. Astonish me, pal. New players. I don't care how, or where you get them...just get them. My sources tell me that you made a move on Lukosius. Well here's some inside info for you...Gold Coast might have the sun and the surf but they are putting his feet to sleep. Exit visas are imminent, so I don't want you losing your place in line...ah Jesus. I wish you could see this. Light's coming up. I've never seen a painting that captures the beauty of the ocean at a moment like this.

I'm going to turn Port Adelaide into a destination club, Chris Davies. So you can attract a player like Lukosius. This is your wake up call, pal. Go to work."

1633573018196.png

"I wanna be surprised. Astonish me, pal. New players. I don't care how, or where you get them...just get them. My sources tell me that you made a move on Lukosius. Well here's some inside info for you...Gold Coast might have the sun and the surf but they are putting his feet to sleep. Exit visas are imminent, so I don't want you losing your place in line...ah Jesus. I wish you could see this. Light's coming up. I've never seen a painting that captures the beauty of the ocean at a moment like this.

I'm going to turn Port Adelaide into a destination club, Chris Davies. So you can attract a player like Lukosius. This is your wake up call, pal. Go to work."

View attachment 1254867

We could have this year's entire demons team and we still wouldn't do s**t

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/te...s/news-story/671682227e2ae756ecceb885af24bc12

“Port would want a fair bit for him, but if that Jordan Dawson deal gets done, well Sydney will have a couple of high picks. Certainly then I think it’s likely that Ladhams finds his way to Sydney.”

Meanwhile Dal Santo goes on about him forming a ruck tandem with Hickey. He already has that with Lycett.
It would be nice to know what sort of value Port are expecting for Ladhams, I know from what has been said we could have a reasonable idea but until there is a solid offer from a rival club we wont know.

It is purely a salary cap dump. They tried to offer 19+ McPherson to North, for the same reason, North said ok we don't have to give up anything so we will pay 100% of his salary, but McPherson said no way. Pick 19 was the AFL's freebie compo pick they gave in 2019 when they gave 5 extra picks over 3 years, so its no real biggy for the GC to give up.

If you've got the salary space, why not go for it? Brodie is a former first round pick, he's not some bloke playing C grade at Rosewater, he could be handy and even if he's not you get the pick as well. Given we apparently have a big way chest and nobody to use it on, why don't we look at something like this?

It would be nice to know what sort of value Port are expecting for Ladhams, I know from what has been said we could have a reasonable idea but until there is a solid offer from a rival club we wont know.

We'll find out when Dawson gets traded to Adelaide.

The ladhams thing smells very similar to the Hartlett and Howard situations.

Different people in charge of course but in my opinion members and supporters have been treated like mushrooms for most of the clubs time in the AFL, and the Ladhams and SPP situations remind me of Choppy Pickett going from a `required player at Port Adelaide,' to traded to the dees about 24 hours later.

Happy to be wrong, but I don't expect either of Ladhams or SPP will be at Alberton next season.

Cause hawthorn are so flush with solid and excellent young prospects lol. hawks need as many good young players as they can get, and they’ll bomb dozens of draft picks before they climb the ladder again.

I could understand if they rated reeves so highly internally, but the fact they were interested in Ladhams and appear to be after max lynch now suggest that they have some doubts / think there’s still more to be seen if he makes it. and come to think of it they drafted moyle in the mid season draft I think? So they’re going the scatter gun approach of rucks to see if one lands. Maybe it will work out for them.

I would have been happy with their pick 24 + future 2nd to be honest if we’re trading Ladhams as I want into next years draft.
Where is Wanganeen-Milera likely to go in this draft?
5-15 at a guess.

I think we take him. But want another pick inside 20 also.
Really? I love his kicking, movement and size. But at that high a draft pick for a project player we have to develop?

I think there’s a lot to like about him but there’s a fair fair amount of risk. I’m not sure that there is a massive difference in upside between him and Farrell for instance. If I could have 1 of those players for for a top 15 pick, and the other for a 4th rounder, I’m choosing Farrell for a fourth rounder. I like wanganeen-Milera more, but not that much that one is worth so much more than the other…
Greed is good

I find this pretty absurd. If Clark is worth either pick 19 or 22 then in no way should we be taking considerably less from west coast for SPP who has shown way more on the park, has played way more games for us, and is a genuine mid as opposed to a flanker.

Ladhams trade value at Port ???

If he was at a Vic club ???

This is the problem, Victorian media can't "halp" themselves when it comes to down playing interstate players. Ladhams if playing for say Geelong would be be like gold, say around pick 12- 18.
if Ladhams was at a Vic club the asking price would be a 1st and a 2nd

and no that’s noan opinion or a guess

that’s what port paid for Ryder who was considerably older at the time, had a ban over his head and despite winning an all-aus gig here when he was at essendon hadn’t shown more than what Ladhams has here as backed up by their stats at the same age.

And we continually get told by rabid bomber fans that we ripped them off lol.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back