List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

If Ladhams does have some attitude issues that Port are not happy with, won't Sydney also look at that and will it lower his value?
I am sure this has stopped us getting top dollar for Ladhams. Sydney aren't stupid. Having said that, he still is worthy of a decent pick IMO. If not, he has to do a Ben Simmons, and stay.

Values Ladhams at pick 56.

I highly doubt they would still be stuck that far off of the mark.

There must be more to it.

lol - Geelong and the Dockers are arguing to the death over picks 19 and 22 for Jordan Clarke - surely Ladhams is worth at least as much as a bloke who can't get a game at all.

Making comments like 'I didn't know who Dawson was' says more about your football knowledge than Dawson's football ability. He's been a good player for a few years now and he made the jump to elite this year.

Kane Cornes just said that Port want to put games into Sam Hayes. If that's the case why didn't he play when Lycett was suspended. It makes no sense and typical of the inconsistent attitude of our club at the moment.
Keep seeing this mentioned but don't see the issue personally. Correct me if I'm wrong but Hayes missed 2 years of footy (ACL & COVID) prior to playing this year in the SANFL. He needed some consistent game time at the lower level to build his base back up. The coaching staff obviously think another preseason and he'll be ready.

Making comments like 'I didn't know who Dawson was' says more about your football knowledge than Dawson's football ability. He's been a good player for a few years now and he made the jump to elite this year.
Lol no one's having a go at his football ability but I couldn't have picked him in a line-up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kane Cornes just said that Port want to put games into Sam Hayes. If that's the case why didn't he play when Lycett was suspended. It makes no sense and typical of the inconsistent attitude of our club at the moment.
In context it makes complete sense. Port started the year as the minor premiers, said they were going for a GF berth. Then injuries etc struck. While getting games would have been good for him, Hayes wasnt really ready at that point, and with so many of the first-22 injured, they had to go for the more experienced and game-ready Ladhams. He held the fort well, and we slowly got players back to end the year, and ended up in 2nd place.

This year, I am positive the club realizes that some development is still needed in Jones, Bergman, and mid-field for Rozee & Butters for us to be genuine contenders. Hayes has always been our target future #1 ruckman, and they know if we dont play him now he will go at end of contract.

Ladhams knows this, and wants to be No1 ... hence the current situation. You might not agree with the course the club took, but IMO it makes sense, and in context of where we were at the time, was the right one.

calm you're farm and keep ya bed dry - be patient grasshopper.
I dont need to calm down as I am stating what we should say to them if that is the offer.

Possibly due to needing to win games in that period and they saw Ladhams as more of a contributor during this season.

Or, showcasing Ladhams more to offload him at the end of this season.

May or may not be the above reason. Depends how likely they thought Ladhams was going for. Appears like Port have been pretty keen to let him go for quite some time but maybe are happy with how Hayes was tracking in the SANFL and just wanted to keep winning games with a more proven performer as the no.1 ruck + forward option through that period.

Hayes can lead and mark better than Ladhams, he's not gonna kick giant small forward goals like Pete.

Despite popular belief Ladhams is a pretty average forward.

A ruckman who is an average forward is a win. What is problematic is a forward who is an average forward. I know one we persist with.

Because Hayes needs to work harderer for longerer..

*may or may not have been said by Hinkley in his exit interview

I’ve long said I’m okay with the list management decisions we’ve made, moving wingard and Polec proved to be great decisions, and Howard made sense.

But I’ve said we make bad trades. we fold too easily. We shouldn’t have had to give essendon 2 picks for a ruck facing a ban. We shouldn’t have had to send picks back to saints to get them to give us a 1st rounder for a player they were desperately chasing. We shouldn’t have had to send picks back to north for a player they were chasing. We shouldn’t have had to send a 2nd and a 3rd rounder for an injured downhill skiing small forward who most thought was worth a 3rd rounder

we keep playing the nice guy at the trade table, as if we will get looked after going the other way.

we just saw ccj, 9 games into his career get a future early second from the spooners. Geelong are going to get something like pick 22 from freo for a player they would rather not play, north want a second rounder for xerri, who couldn’t beat a wet blanket in a ruck contest.

this idea that port has to let Ladhams go for peanuts is ridiculous, but what’s even more ridiculous is that we’ve fostered this treatment by being the “nice guys”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back