List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

longdonkey

Premiership Player
Jul 27, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Possibly due to needing to win games in that period and they saw Ladhams as more of a contributor during this season.

Or, showcasing Ladhams more to offload him at the end of this season.

May or may not be the above reason. Depends how likely they thought Ladhams was going for. Appears like Port have been pretty keen to let him go for quite some time but maybe are happy with how Hayes was tracking in the SANFL and just wanted to keep winning games with a more proven performer as the no.1 ruck + forward option through that period.
OK I'm going to predict what happens next year. Start the year with Lycett in ruck with Finalyson back up. Then they work out that they can't play Hayes as a forward. So Hayes plays the entire year in the SANFL and requests a trade at the end of 2022. They trade him out in 2022 and then look for a new lead ruck at the end of 2023 after Hinkley complains he doesn't have the rucks he needs to get a Premiership.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
One goal in the SANFL this year will tell you what you need to know.
I think you’ve brought this up before, and I said then that I watched the magpies closely

hayes led our ruck unit 1 out and was never rested in the forward line. If he was on the ground he was in ruck.

never played 1min as a kf.

And as a ruck he tends to station himself between the arcs playing the kick down the line, which ge is great at and it worked very well for us having him there to gobble up those long kicks.

I’ve long said I’m okay with the list management decisions we’ve made, moving wingard and Polec proved to be great decisions, and Howard made sense.

But I’ve said we make bad trades. we fold too easily. We shouldn’t have had to give essendon 2 picks for a ruck facing a ban. We shouldn’t have had to send picks back to saints to get them to give us a 1st rounder for a player they were desperately chasing. We shouldn’t have had to send picks back to north for a player they were chasing. We shouldn’t have had to send a 2nd and a 3rd rounder for an injured downhill skiing small forward who most thought was worth a 3rd rounder

we keep playing the nice guy at the trade table, as if we will get looked after going the other way.

we just saw ccj, 9 games into his career get a future early second from the spooners. Geelong are going to get something like pick 22 from freo for a player they would rather not play, north want a second rounder for xerri, who couldn’t beat a wet blanket in a ruck contest.

this idea that port has to let Ladhams go for peanuts is ridiculous, but what’s even more ridiculous is that we’ve fostered this treatment by being the “nice guys”
We've fostered this treatment by repeatedly telling contracted players that we're happy for them to try their luck on the open market. Once you put that idea in their head, they're liable to want out, and whichever club wants them knows that you weren't all that fussed whether you kept them or not. We did it to Wingard, we did it to Howard, and now we're doing it to Ladhams.

240volt

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 23, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just about had a gut full of Kane Cornes he’s starting to sound to much like his old man.

Granny Duurs is Lovely

All Australian
Jun 11, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’ve long said I’m okay with the list management decisions we’ve made, moving wingard and Polec proved to be great decisions, and Howard made sense.

But I’ve said we make bad trades. we fold too easily. We shouldn’t have had to give essendon 2 picks for a ruck facing a ban. We shouldn’t have had to send picks back to saints to get them to give us a 1st rounder for a player they were desperately chasing. We shouldn’t have had to send picks back to north for a player they were chasing. We shouldn’t have had to send a 2nd and a 3rd rounder for an injured downhill skiing small forward who most thought was worth a 3rd rounder

we keep playing the nice guy at the trade table, as if we will get looked after going the other way.

we just saw ccj, 9 games into his career get a future early second from the spooners. Geelong are going to get something like pick 22 from freo for a player they would rather not play, north want a second rounder for xerri, who couldn’t beat a wet blanket in a ruck contest.

this idea that port has to let Ladhams go for peanuts is ridiculous, but what’s even more ridiculous is that we’ve fostered this treatment by being the “nice guys”

So you complains about giving picks back to get an earlier pick, but then ignore North giving back an earlier pick to get an earlier pick for CCJ?

Come on mate.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
DONE DEALS | The ruck merry-go-round is SPINNING! Darcy Fort is a Lion. Jon Ceglar is a Cat. Max Lynch is a Hawk.

PowerBaz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He treads water in the same pool of mediocrity as his father & Kenneth.

I rang up (first time I ever rang radio) because he was banging on about how how Collingwood should be going after Clarko, just after he resigned...

I said how about Port go after him for next year - he laughed and thought I was from another planet, 'But Kenny has you playing finals' dismissed me and went on his way.....

Back