24. James Frawley - Link
25. Dean Kent - Link
38. Oscar Clavarino - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link
42. Max Heath - Link
45. Sam Alabakis - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

He is only 188cm , why would we be after him ?

I didn’t realise he was that height. Plays a lot taller though. I really like him as a player. Howard - Wilkie - Dodee - Coffield? It’s more a team defence rather than the traditional two talls & a medium. Very flexible. Similar to the Tigers who don’t really have a super tall defence. Balta & Astbury their tallest defenders but both aren’t always in the same team. Vlastuin, Macintosh & Broad play taller. Grimes plays shorter.

I didn’t realise he was that height. Plays a lot taller though. I really like him as a player. Howard - Wilkie - Dodee - Coffield? It’s more a team defence rather than the traditional two talls & a medium. Very flexible. Similar to the Tigers who don’t really have a super tall defence. Balta & Astbury their tallest defenders but both aren’t always in the same team. Vlastuin, Macintosh & Broad play taller. Grimes plays shorter.
I also wonder if he will get back to his best , has had a bad run with injuries , looked a star in his first year , i get the team defence but come up against the cats and your going to need Two big blokes

I also wonder if he will get back to his best , has had a bad run with injuries , looked a star in his first year , i get the team defence but come up against the cats and your going to need Two big blokes

He’s had a wretched run. He looked good against us last year I think it was. Wouldn’t mind another Dougal Howard. What a bargain he is turning out to be. Top 5 B&F, leadership group, number 1 defender & still with his best footy ahead of him.

Jeremy Cameron doesn’t need a tall, he needs close checking and blocking his run. Hawkins needs a KP defender to sit on him though. Wilkie types could mind JC.

He’s had a wretched run. He looked good against us last year I think it was. Wouldn’t mind another Dougal Howard. What a bargain he is turning out to be. Top 5 B&F, leadership group, number 1 defender & still with his best footy ahead of him.
Yeah sadly I don't think a Dougal Howard type thing is particularly likely to happen again.

It's baffling. He's an absolute baby for a KPP yet is already a gun, with solid leadership and ostensibly a fantastic "no quarter given" type attitude. And Port let us have him for essentially a packet of Twisties.

Those are the sort of players that clubs usually fiercely hold on to.

It's totally, totally baffling. Awesome, but baffling...:think:

Doubt he leaves ....McAsey , Brander ...like Clavarino a lot but just when the door opens he injures himself.

We were definitely into Brander & Mihocek last trade period.
Brander seems like he's more of flaky third tall rather than a genuine key position player.

West Coast look set to play him on the wing again this year.

We need a genuine full back type I think.

McAsay is still fairly skinny and raw but he's going to fill out at some stage.

Agreed. Some players do debut late, but the success rate would be pretty low for someone who has been on a list this long, without a debut.

The thing with Clav isn’t due slow development, its been getting his body ready. Drafted pencil thin so needs to build up, cops a few injuries & a reasonably stable group of tall defenders in front of him... Then of course losing a season thanks to Covid.

Don’t forget he’s only a year older than Max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Adelaide people don't rate McAsey at all , Lets hope Oscar can get it happening , god knows they have stuck with him , he looked like a young weitering when we drafted him and its all gone pear shaped since

They don’t rate him because they think he’ll leave.

On our shopping list this year are a few things.

1. A youngish but best 22 KPD.
2. A developing ruck (dependent on Hunter’s season)
3. A star mid.

You have to remember that we are getting a hell of a lot of money off the books this year. Carlisle, Dunstan, Geary, Roberton will all be gone plus youcould possibly throw in Ross and Webster. Also we only have next year of Hanners shocking contract to pay as he can’t reach his trigger for the fifth season now which is a huge relief.
I think we will be already into the ear of a couple of mids, we think we are just a couple of pieces short of really contending hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3. A star mid.

You have to remember that we are getting a hell of a lot of money off the books this year. Carlisle, Dunstan, Geary, Roberton will all be gone plus youcould possibly throw in Ross and Webster. Also we only have next year of Hanners shocking contract to pay as he can’t reach his trigger for the fifth season now which is a huge relief.
I think we will be already into the ear of a couple of mids, we think we are just a couple of pieces short of really contending hard.

Hanneberys contract was extremely front loaded. He is only on about 400k next year

3. A star mid.

Jake is not on big coin , that's good news about Hanners and i even worry about Crouch serving his five years

Brander seems like he's more of flaky third tall rather than a genuine key position player.

Your opinion for me West Coast are kicking the ball type team .
They have McGovern & Barrass as their 2 pillars , their style is kick to tall option on the wing .

Like Brander because he can play different roles ...think the recruitment of Allison points to
similar desire to have flexible tall players on our list.
McAsey is nice type not against going after him.....

They don’t rate him because they think he’ll leave.

Yes there are whispers but its not just that why they dont rate him , if we are going to chase him i hope its for the right reason not because his is a local boy and mates with someone

3. A star mid.

Taranto

Jake is not on big coin , that's good news about Hanners and i even worry about Crouch serving his five years
Crouch had an ongoing complaint that Crows fans say was mismanaged back in 17 and 18. Had a hammy for a few weeks but finished strong in 2020.
Untroubled by injury during pre season so fingers crossed.

Your opinion for me West Coast are kicking the ball type team .
They have McGovern & Barrass as their 2 pillars , their style is kick to tall option on the wing .

Like Brander because he can play different roles ...think the recruitment of Allison points to
similar desire to have flexible tall players on our list.
McAsey is nice type not against going after him.....
Most West Coast fans seem to agree with that opinion though and even with injuries he hasn't been given an opportunity as a key defender.

He's a terrific runner but seems to lack the strength for a KPP.

Played as a midfielder in WC's reserve grade side yesterday.

Allison is an interesting one. It would make sense to see how he goes in defence because another key forward really isn't a huge priority right now.

I haven't seen a heap of him yet so you'd know more than me about him, but he sounds like he might be a similar type.

I’d be hedging my bets on Fisher McAsey being a Saint next year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well you better be prepared to give up our first round plus more to get him which is overs IMO , If you just went by their draft year highlight package you would take Clav over him every day of the week , he is not very agile , has no leap and just looks like one of those guys that was bigger than most he played against

Well you better be prepared to give up our first round plus more to get him which is overs IMO , If you just went by their draft year highlight package you would take Clav over him every day of the week , he is not very agile , has no leap and just looks like one of those guys that was bigger than most he played against
Well he was pick 6 so no doubt he's cost a first rounder.

Clav was very good at floating over and taking a grab at under 18's level but McAsay looks a much better defender.

KPP take time and he needs to put on some weight before he's a genuine AFL key defender but I'd be confident in him.

If we weren't to give up that first for him then I'd be hoping we used it on a key defender anyway.

Will they be better than McAsey? Maybe, Maybe not.

Will they be ready to play AFL footy, more than likely not. This guy would at least have 2 years on the draftee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back