24. James Frawley - Link
25. Dean Kent - Link
38. Oscar Clavarino - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link
42. Max Heath - Link
45. Sam Alabakis - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Coffield was unlucky to not make AA last year. He was in the top 5 in the whole competition for marking, intercepts, intercept marking etc.

Coffield was good last year but you're getting a bit carried away there. 4th in the comp for marks per game but 23rd for intercepts. He was well behind Haynes, Sheppard and DBJ who made the AA team.

Adelaide proves you can bounce hard in one year. They were wooden spooners! Saints will bounce pack to middle of the road in 2022.

If we can get guys like Gresh, Jones, Marshall & Paton consistently on the park it "should" inject a lot more confidence into the team. Our problems are structural. Our forward line is terrible and our mids inconsistent in effort. Our defence is okay, but lacks menace. I always think a backline should be intimidating, we don't have that ANYWHERE in the team. People talk about heart...but sometimes you need balls too.

Actually Gresham was a back pocket most of his junior career (only moved into midfield/forward in his last TAC season), after he debuted for us, he played mostly forward apart from last season. So, unlike Ablett and Mitchell, his body is not used to rigours/crash and bang in the midfield, hence the injuries now..
Ablett was a small forward for years. Both in juniors and at AFL level.

Yes Adelaide got shafted and we landed a good one in Crouch...however Adelaide are a better team than us, are slowly gaining traction, and will be higher than us in the ladder come year's end. The deal may have been bad, but they don't seem too bothered by it on the field. If St.Kilda lose Billings for a nut husk but do better because of it...then I'll take the husk.
Adelaide's improved form this year has a large part to do wth Taylor Walker turning back the clock. Short term bounce with a load road still ahead of them.

Unless we want to begin rebuild 10 this off season and ignore the decisions to bring in ready made players the past 2 years, we need to ensure we get properly compensated for anyone who leaves this year and not just kick some of our better players out the door for crap picks.

Coffield was good last year but you're getting a bit carried away there. 4th in the comp for marks per game but 23rd for intercepts. He was well behind Haynes, Sheppard and DBJ who made the AA team.

It must have been intercept marks. After finals he fell back to 13th but was in the top 5 before that. Even still there were only a dozen ahead of him.

Actually Gresham was a back pocket most of his junior career (only moved into midfield/forward in his last TAC season), after he debuted for us, he played mostly forward apart from last season. So, unlike Ablett and Mitchell, his body is not used to rigours/crash and bang in the midfield, hence the injuries now..
Gresham has been mostly a mid for 3 years now. He moved into the middle in 2019 not last year.

It's not uncommon for AFL mids to do a couple.of years forward or back as an apprenticeship.

It's also very common for mids play in other positions as an under ager in the 18's.

Seems strange to use his development path as an reason for his injuries when it is so similar to that of many AFL players.

Adelaide's improved form this year has a large part to do wth Taylor Walker turning back the clock. Short term bounce with a load road still ahead of them.

Unless we want to begin rebuild 10 this off season and ignore the decisions to bring in ready made players the past 2 years, we need to ensure we get properly compensated for anyone who leaves this year and not just kick some of our better players out the door for crap picks.

True enough. Definitely right about Taylor. Billings isn't my favourite player and I find him incredibly frustrating. As others have said he is consistently only slightly above average...with the odd flash here and there. I agree with whoever it was in the media, or social things, that said that "Billings only ever does what Billing's wants to do." For me it is rarely enough. It's not that I don't want the club properly compensated...if we get a first, then brilliant. However, I don't think we'll miss him terribly if he goes. Maybe some initial teething problems, but nothing catastrophic.

Plenty of talk amongst the media about how the club should entertain letting Billings go, unfortunately though there has been nothing in there about clubs chasing him.

I've got no doubt there'd be clubs talking to him but my guess is none of them would be offering what he's currently on.

The fact clubs like St Kilda, North and Carlton have dished out big money for Billings type players only for it not to work out over the last couple of years might be a lesson going forward.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s money we could’ve lured a player with who actually plays and helps us win games .

What player could that be?

We’re keeping our 1st pick & the only FA worth having a crack at is Kelly.

We also have Robbo’s $$ plus Dunstan’s & a few others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s not getting $750k to sit on the sidelines.

Closer to $450k from what I hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where you hearing that ? been reported on a few different places closer to 750 than 450

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back