24. James Frawley - Link
25. Dean Kent - Link
38. Oscar Clavarino - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link
42. Max Heath - Link
45. Sam Alabakis - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

What’s king worth ? Would you take Anderson and a late first ? Would gc pay that ?

We'd need to go after another tall forward then and probably have to give up just as much to get one or draft another who will take 4 years to build up. I think we just have to persist and hope that he's everything we hope he can be. Maybe Paddy Mac otherwise, lead up KPFs are back on top of the Coleman, maybe he could get another go.

We'd need to go after another tall forward then and probably have to give up just as much to get one or draft another who will take 4 years to build up. I think we just have to persist and hope that he's everything we hope he can be. Maybe Paddy Mac otherwise, lead up KPFs are back on top of the Coleman, maybe he could get another go.

We need midfielders that run both ways and kick goals ....next 2 years.

He’s only a kid but I certainly have my doubts about just how good he’ll be.

He‘s lightening quick for a big guy and pretty good at ground level, doesn’t appear to be a great mark and has lousy positioning with a long but 50/50 accuracy kick. Right now and for say the next 3 years which would have been better, Bruce and smith or king and Jones ?.

Well you can often grab a Ben brown type for a second even McDonald while you draft a young guy like Allison.

He’s only a kid but I certainly have my doubts about just how good he’ll be.

He‘s lightening quick for a big guy and pretty good at ground level, doesn’t appear to be a great mark and has lousy positioning with a long but 50/50 accuracy kick. Right now and for say he next 3 years which would have been better, Bruce and smith or king and Jones ?.

Well you can often grab a Ben brown type for a second even McDonald while you draft a young guy like Allison.

Allison very nice type we have already , I wouldn’t have picked him myself , glad we did likely type.

We need to shift King to CHF. Free him up and get the ball in his hands. Right now there is so much pressure on every shot he takes because he only gets 2-3 legit chances a game.

Get him up the ground, get him touching the ball 15-20 times and having a few shots from on 50. Ask him to kick through the ball.

McKernan can play the "Long bomb" target is we insist on playing this style.

We need to shift King to CHF. Free him up and get the ball in his hands. Right now there is so much pressure on every shot he takes because he only gets 2-3 legit chances a game.

Get him up the ground, get him touching the ball 15-20 times and having a few shots from on 50. Ask him to kick through the ball.

McKernan can play the "Long bomb" target is we insist on playing this style.
In King, we have a tall forward who drops a lot of marks, doesn't lead and needs work on his kicking? Seems his biggest asset is that he has good leg speed for a big bloke. They need to get him up the ground and out of deep forward -leave Membrey or Battle for that role.

In King, we have a tall forward who drops a lot of marks, doesn't lead and needs work on his kicking? Seems his biggest asset is that he has good leg speed for a big bloke. They need to get him up the ground and out of deep forward -leave Membrey or Battle for that role.
In King we have a bloke who is our only genuine tall forward that gets double and triple teamed and has the ball consistently plonked on his head. We need to deliver the footy into space for him to have a crack similar to the way Adelaide, Bulldogs & Carlton have delivered to their forwards this week.

In King we have a bloke who is our only genuine tall forward that gets double and triple teamed and has the ball consistently plonked on his head. We need to deliver the footy into space for him to have a crack similar to the way Adelaide, Bulldogs & Carlton have delivered to their forwards this week.

Ridiculous that we have a team with so many talls as well as Membrey and they are able to man him up like that.

Josh Kennedy would have been the same at the same age. Max played his first season last year. Mc Kay has been in the system for 6 years and is starting to show his worth now, they are tracking similarly but Max isn't as injury prone.

What’s king worth ? Would you take Anderson and a late first ? Would gc pay that ?

That trade makes no sense for either club.

They have two gun mids who played all their footy together and are best mates. Why would they want to separate them for a player they already have?

And why would we want to trade away our best young prospect? Because he's not kicking bags in his 20th game?

Let's give him a chance before we start talking about trading him. He kicked more goals than any of our key forwards last year and so far this year he's played in two games where we've been smacked around the park.

Let's see how he goes with Marshall back next to him and our mids not getting embarrassed by the opposition.

They have two gun mids who played all their footy together and are best mates. Why would they want to separate them for a player they already have?

And why would we want to trade away our best young prospect? Because he's not kicking bags in his 20th game?

Let's give him a chance before we start talking about trading him. He kicked more goals than any of our key forwards last year and so far this year he's played in two games where we've been smacked around the park.

Let's see how he goes with Marshall back next to him and our mids not getting embarrassed by the opposition.

Not only that, you'd want to make sure that the player you took was absolutely top shelf not just good. Anderson looks like he could be but I'm wanting to be sure we are getting someone already elite for King. Otherwise it makes no sense, especially after giving Bruce away to make way for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The question was who would you trade who has trade value.

It‘s not a knock on king just a hypothetical nothing more, players come and go all the time the club remains not the other way around. If the trade makes no sense perhaps you should tell the many posters who would pay two firsts for bing tomorrow. Also has Anderson signed an extension? Best mates, please players couldn’t give a rats arse they need to look after themselves. Is it crazy that a bayside Melbourne boy whose father is on our board might want to return home.

Just take the emotion out of it and ask yourself would you take Anderson and a first if it was offered for king. You’ve made a case that king is our best young key and he is, you’re also right that he’s hardly played and may well be everything we hope he’ll be so I guess that’s a no from you.

I would have a good look at any offer for any player, everybody has a price.

Last edited:
The question was who would you trade who has trade value.

It‘s not a knock on king just a hypothetical nothing more, players come and go all the time the club remains not the other way around. If the trade makes no sense perhaps you should tell the many posters who would pay two firsts for bing tomorrow. Also has Anderson signed an extension? Best mates, please players couldn’t give a rats arse they need to look after themselves. Is it crazy that a bayside Melbourne boy whose father is on our board might want to return home.

Just take the emotion out of it and ask yourself would you take Anderson and a first if it was offered for king. You’ve made a case that king is our best young key and he is, you’re also right that he’s hardly played and may well be everything we hope he’ll be so I guess that’s a no from you.

I would have a good look at any offer for any player, everybody has price.
I would probably trade any player on our list before King to be honest.

Have a look at the Coleman tally this year compared to last. The new rules have been great for key forwards, now is not the time be trading them away IMO.

If we were to trade King we'd be left with very little in that department.

We've put the time into him and I've got no doubt that will pay off.

I'm not sure we'd be willing to trade anyone that's going to get us a first round pick.

King, Steele, Clark, Marshall etc are all too important to our future. I'd be happy to try and get back into the 2nd round but don't see any point in trading out any of those players to get another first.

Billings won't get us a first you wouldn't think, Ross likely a 2nd.

We are just going to have to try and do well at the draft.

Also, we have the oldest list in the comp but that is due to bringing in 4 older depth players that will all likely be gone by the end of the year as well as Ryder and Geary who probably finish up this year.

From memory the average age of our 22 last year was the 4th youngest?

We clearly lack quality in the midfield though I accept that but we will just have to try and nail our first this year which the way we are heading will likely be a good pick.

Outside of that is be looking at bringing in a cheap key defender.

I've mentioned before last year's draft was very confusing for a lot of fans. We didn't draft for needs at all. We can't afford to do that again.

Battle should look at moving on wasting his career at the moment and we get 1st round for him

Battle should look at moving on wasting his career at the moment and we get 1st round for him
Battle probably makes the most sense, especially if we are planning on playing two rucks again past this year, but not sure he gets us a first?

The fact he makes the most sense to trade makes the Allison pick last year even stranger though.

Battle probably makes the most sense, especially if we are planning on playing two rucks again past this year, but not sure he gets us a first?

The fact he makes the most sense to trade makes the Allison pick last year even stranger though.
I think a lot clubs will see how we have miss used him and not developed him properly and see the massive up side he has

I would probably trade any player on our list before King to be honest.

Have a look at the Coleman tally this year compared to last. The new rules have been great for key forwards, now is not the time be trading them away IMO.

If we were to trade King we'd be left with very little in that department.

We've put the time into him and I've got no doubt that will pay off.

I'm not sure we'd be willing to trade anyone that's going to get us a first round pick.

King, Steele, Clark, Marshall etc are all too important to our future. I'd be happy to try and get back into the 2nd round but don't see any point in trading out any of those players to get another first.

Billings won't get us a first you wouldn't think, Ross likely a 2nd.

We are just going to have to try and do well at the draft.

Also, we have the oldest list in the comp but that is due to bringing in 4 older depth players that will all likely be gone by the end of the year as well as Ryder and Geary who probably finish up this year.

From memory the average age of our 22 last year was the 4th youngest?

We clearly lack quality in the midfield though I accept that but we will just have to try and nail our first this year which the way we are heading will likely be a good pick.

Outside of that is be looking at bringing in a cheap key defender.

I've mentioned before last year's draft was very confusing for a lot of fans. We didn't draft for needs at all. We can't afford to do that again.
I agree with all of that, we’ve kicked the can down the road and really need to hit the draft.

The problem is we have little capital I’d be prepared to trade and 1 first rounder probably top 10 is unlikely to have an immediate impact. I hope we have a list of young talent for the upcoming draft because we really need a boost, if we have a hit with one of our picks it’s huge.

Yeah , why would you want a bloke that has pace , can get the ball and even better still hit targets , Nah our experts on here think he is a Manlet unlike our guns , Steele excused
Merrett would be better than most of our mids but is still a manlet.

The problem is that membrey is that third tall in the forward line so battle is always getting the spare parts role.

I would love to see king at chf with battle at ff but I’m not holding my breath. I can’t help but think the unexpected form of paddy Ryder has impacted battle badly. Roma ended up playing more forward time and all of a sudden we had no room for another tall.

Can‘t see paddy going on next season if we get smashed over the coming weeks then surely we should be picking with next season in mind. I’d like to see plenty of battle, Bytel, Connolly and Byrnes when fit played in their best positions as well.

Sounds lousy but I’ve seen all I need to of lonie, Kent and quite a few more what’s the point. Frankly I’d rather a top 4 pick and a development year than deluding ourselves we have a top 4 list. I’ve just had a look at our list and I can clear out 10 spots without even trying. Now some of those may still be contracted and we don’t have much of a draft hand but I’d expect a fairly major cull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back