41. Paul Hunter - Link
42. Max Heath - Link
45. Sam Alabakis - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
you think it's strange that people would be discussing Dunkley as a trade target and the possibility of acquiring him when he falls out of contract.... ok o_O
Haha, no, I think it's strange that you pulled up a post from over two years ago to compare it to Josh Dunkley who is currently contracted.

You did not mention once until you realised how stupid it sounded that you were talking about next year. This is the 2021 trade thread so forgive us all for not realising you wanted to wait until next year and force him to the PSD draft like Carlton did with Martin.

Your first post was a laughing emoji because I stated he would cost 2 firsts. The discussion was around a trade this year, no one mentioned waiting until next year when he was out of contract so we could force him to the PSD

Last edited:

#gosaintas

Cancelled
Veteran Reimagine Moorabbin
Nov 11, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Haha, no, I think it's strange that you pulled up a post from over two years ago to compare it to Josh Dunkley who is currently contracted.

You did not mention once until you realised how stupid it sounded that you were talking about next year. This is the 2021 trade thread so forgive us all for not realising you wanted to wait until next year and force him to the PSD draft like Carlton did with Martin.

Your first post was a laughing emoji because I stated he would cost 2 firsts. The discussion was around a trade this year, no one mentioned waiting until next year when he was out of contract so we could force him to the PSD
just leave him to be outraged about it

that never happened. it was you who took time to catch onto what was happening... don't play off your own misunderstanding as someone elses.

i never once mentioned it had to be done this year. all I said was that I hope we are having a look at him.

you made that assumption that it would cost two first-rounders, just like you did with Martin, and then made the assumption the trade would have to be done this year...

like I said, its very dangerous to rule out players based on perceived cost, for the very reason on what happened in this thread! the assumptions you make are not necessarily true!

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
that never happened. it was you who took time to catch onto what was happening... don't play off your own misunderstanding as someone elses.

i never once mentioned it had to be done this year. all I said was that I hope we are having a look at him.

you made that assumption that it would cost two first-rounders, just like you did with Martin, and then made the assumption the trade would have to be done this year...

like I said, its very dangerous to rule out players based on perceived cost, for the very reason on what happened in this thread! the assumptions you make are not necessarily true!
Sure mate 😂

Why bother with Dunkley? Why not chase the best? The red headed No.1 for Gold Coast who was getting Brownlow votes in his first games, he would be the one to get.
Bit injury prone. A future third should get it done :thumbsupemoji:

Why bother with Dunkley? Why not chase the best? The red headed No.1 for Gold Coast who was getting Brownlow votes in his first games, he would be the one to get.

I want to wait and see if his body holds together. Looks a lot like O'Meara where all the talent but his body is suspect.

Sep 14, 2008
L2 A30
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls

Are we finishing last next year so we can get Dunkley for free?

AirWinmar

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yes replacing D & C grade players would be a good point of difference

Dunstan & Ross are not up to it, our midfield is Steele Crouch Bytel & Clark sometimes

God I remember we didn't want Dusty we didn't Gaff or Treloar
He looked like he was trying to play for his career and knowing it is probably running out. Real shame for him after such a promising start.

AirWinmar

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Problem is, Western Bulldogs won't trade Dunkley for Ross and Dunstan.

Steele, Crouch, Clark and Bytel is already the slowest midfield in the comp.

I am dead against giving up 2 first round picks and a big contract to add another slow inside mid into the mix when we could be developing our own.

Big bodied mids are not the only answer to winning the footy.
We really need that quick pointnof difference mid, which is why Jones is so important for us. Someone like a Michael Walters. Not saying him, just that sort of player.

We do seem very flat footed defensively tho, which doesn't help. You can be lightning quick, but if you give someone half a second head start you'll still look like treacle..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

prophetic1

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2013
b
AFL Club
St Kilda
It's the definite versus the maybe. Remember when Mav Weller and others were good enough that we didn't need high priced ring ins. We have targeted the wrong players. Buying a broken down Hanners and getting a broken down Hanners is what most would have expected. Buying up a soft outside wing man who runs but has never been the most intense footballer and getting that exact same player is pretty much on the idiots with the coin purse not on the idea of buying up existing talent. I doubt Geelong regret Danger or even Carlton with Judd but if you pay too much for a Bryce Gibbs type trade more fool you.
That might be true but its a pretty harsh one dimensional view. There;s still a lot to play out with what we have so far before we can write off and look past what we have as of now...including mid season draft............... I would have thought!

Pat Lipinski would be worth a look imo. Very good skills and wouldn't cost a lot.

That's the difference between us and them he's probably somewhere between Sinclair and Billings and he's a fringe player.
That might be true but its a pretty harsh one dimensional view. There;s still a lot to play out with what we have so far before we can write off and look past what we have as of now...including mid season draft............... I would have thought!

Subtlety and nuance is for dullards. Go big and hyperbolic of get lost in the crowd of mediocre opinions. David King is my sprit animal.

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
I wrote a post in another thread yesterday which gave me cause to review the Hill trade in retrospect.
Our move up the draft order to grab Highmore, basically cancelled out the loss of the future 2nd included for Hill, at the cost of the future 3rd we received with him.

With the follow on from that 2019 trade period all done and dusted, If you track the net effect of that trade on our draft hand it turns out pretty bloody well for us.

In the end, Brad Hill cost us pick 10 and the GOAT, and that's about all.

So we can say that trade bundle was:
Out: pick 5 & GOAT

In: Hill, Doogs, Paddy & Highmore

I'm leaving out a few junk 4th round picks that were of little to no consequence, but regardless it's an enormous haul for a single pick plus a guy headed for delistment. It's changed my thinking about the whole thing tbh.

pluggeranddoc

All Australian
Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
I wrote a post in another thread yesterday which gave me cause to review the Hill trade in retrospect.
Our move up the draft order to grab Highmore, basically cancelled out the loss of the future 2nd included for Hill, at the cost of the future 3rd we received with him.

With the follow on from that 2019 trade period all done and dusted, If you track the net effect of that trade on our draft hand it turns out pretty bloody well for us.

I'm leaving out a few junk 4th round picks that were of little to no consequence, but regardless it's an enormous haul for a single pick plus a guy headed for delistment. It's changed my thinking about the whole thing tbh.
On current output I would not give Acres alone for Hill, let alone pick 10 and millions of $$!

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
That's the difference between us and them he's probably somewhere between Sinclair and Billings and he's a fringe player.

Subtlety and nuance is for dullards. Go big and hyperbolic of get lost in the crowd of mediocre opinions. David King is my sprit animal.
He’s a decent player who grew up a bulldogs fan.

Don’t get sucked in the bulldogs have a stacked midfield but if you’re good enough you play. He’s just another player, he has some scope in our current team as he has pace and is Ok overhead. The bulldogs will want a second rounder the trick here is you’d need him to nominate the saints and get him for no more than a third round pick.

Can‘t believe we delisted Phillips and savage then loaded up on some schockers.

That takes some mental gymnastics. If Highmore turns out to be a star it off sets the trade but right now it looks horrible on every angle. We sold the farm for a horse that's ready for the knackery and gave our first born son as steak-knives.

pluggeranddoc

All Australian
Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
That takes some mental gymnastics. If Highmore turns out to be a star it off sets the trade but right now it looks horrible on every angle. We sold the farm for a horse that's ready for the knackery and gave our first born son as steak-knives.
Careful, lest the true supporter stamps your papers.
Only room for one captain negative.
apparently the trading emperor has a fine new suit only visible to the true believers!

He’s a decent player who grew up a bulldogs fan.

Don’t get sucked in the bulldogs have a stacked midfield but if you’re good enough you play. He’s just another player, he has some scope in our current team as he has pace and is Ok overhead. The bulldogs will want a second rounder the trick here is you’d need him to nominate the saints and get him for no more than a third round pick.

Can‘t believe we delisted Phillips and savage then loaded up on some schockers.

He had 36 possessions and was close to best on ground in their stacked VFL team apparently. He's a good user of the ball and a good player. He gets played out of position when he makes seniors and drops out the next week. He'd be worth having a close look at. Dogs fans rate him very highly. We apparently asked the question in the Bruce trade and they told us to * off.

Careful, lest the true supporter stamps your papers.
Only room for one captain negative.
apparently the trading emperor has a fine new suit only visible to the true believers!

Scrappy is a good poster, don't get upset with his opinions, he's holding back a wall of negative vibes towards the club. I actually admire the stoicism. I'm more the toys out of the cot type but I appreciate the true believer spirit. If you're captain Negative I'm the Manifestation of Dread and he usually debates my histrionics rather than shaming me which is pretty solid form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back