24. James Frawley - Link
25. Dean Kent - Link
38. Oscar Clavarino - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link
42. Max Heath - Link
45. Sam Alabakis - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

It really is a worry also think Clark should’ve been used as a mid more by now and is another who has gone backwards. King left in goal square for the ball to be kicked on top of his head and double teamed is very poor from the coaches
Strange isn't it. King needs genuine help and without Marshall we have a guy called battle who could have been there. Instead battles rotting on the wing and kings being smashed.
Then you have guys like Clark who show their talent in the middle but he doesn't really get a chance there and you can visually see he hasn't really developed physically.
Coffield was drafted in the hopes of being a mid and would probably suit the wing better than battle but we bounce him in and out and then up forward for some reason.
Mind boggling that 95% of our draft picks stagnate and don't develop and no one at the club bat's an eye.

Strange isn't it. King needs genuine help and without Marshall we have a guy called battle who could have been there. Instead battles rotting on the wing and kings being smashed.
Then you have guys like Clark who show their talent in the middle but he doesn't really get a chance there and you can visually see he hasn't really developed physically.
Coffield was drafted in the hopes of being a mid and would probably suit the wing better than battle but we bounce him in and out and then up forward for some reason.
Mind boggling that 95% of our draft picks stagnate and don't develop and no one at the club bat's an eye.
So much this

I have been banging on all year put Battle there to help king, but it’s nothing to do with the coaches just players effort,was a huge Ratts fan can’t believe how quick I have lost faith he fails to see the obvious

So much this

I have been banging on all year put Battle there to help king, but it’s nothing to do with the coaches just players effort,was a huge Ratts fan can’t believe how quick I have lost faith he fails to see the obvious

Beggars belief they cant see the obvious - play the players in their best positions. I mean, we can all see it.
There's a whole coaching panel - are they just a bunch of yes-men?
Hope we have a good cleanout. We're not sacking Ratts and this lot has not got us very far.

And even guys like Freezer and Eli Templeton leave us as spuds and become the best 2 midfield players in the VFL while we still hold on to Dunny and Dmac that if it weren't for terrible contracting would have been delisted 3 years ago. Both have redeemed themselves a bit this year but they were expensive depth.

And even guys like Freezer and Eli Templeton leave us as spuds and become the best 2 midfield players in the VFL while we still hold on to Dunny and Dmac that if it weren't for terrible contracting would have been delisted 3 years ago. Both have redeemed themselves a bit this year but they were expensive depth.
Dunstan and DMac wouldn’t get a game or even be on a list with any side in the top 8

Dunstan and DMAC are miles better than those two, and show it in the VFL. If Freeman is now so good why did he not get one bite in the mid season draft, however I agree with mowman, Dunny or DMAC wouldn't get a game in a top 8 team

A bit of a tangent but I find the media's fascination with Essendon a bit perplexing.

Everyone is saying how they have done so well to rejuvenate their list.

I find it frustrating firstly because so many things had to go right for them:

1. They were able to let a player go who played 8 games for them over the past two seasons and get a top 10 pick. (Danniher)
2. They were able to trade a decent HBF for a top 10 pick and then get in a HBF'er for pick 77 who has performed better than the player they let go. (Saad for Hind)

This means that they were able to go to the draft with three top 10 picks for the overall cost of pretty much nothing. Setting it as a precedent to replicate is precarious because of the luck they needed to pull it off.

But, what is more annoying, is that it is not like their top 10 picks have been crucial to their success. They have been decent but Reid has only played a game and Perkins and Cox are both averaging 13 touches, not many goals and a few tackles. It's not like they are setting the world on fire.

The real reason that things are looking optimistic for them is that Parish has become one of the best inside mids in the comp and Merrett, McGrath, Hind, Ridley and Langford have all stepped up. It's all about players in their 22-25 year old bracket stepping up which is driving their performance. Without them they would just be looking like North.

So I think we need to be carefully simply using them as a model to replicate and make sure we don't make the wrong conclusions simply based off what the media is saying.
The media hype is ridiculous. Have a look at who they have played.

Beat us, North, Hawthorn, Collingwood (essentially the bottom 4) and just fell in against an injury decimated WCE & Freo

Got absolutely belted by Port, Richmond and the Lions. Also lost to the Giants, Blues, Swans & Hawks

Bottom 6 team with a soft draw who have beaten 1 decent side when they had 8 players out. With their draw, even the 2021 version of us would be 9-4. At 6-7 they are just getting the same bullsh*t hype that Carlton gets every preseason, before the wheels fall of the the media remembers their list is garbage.

Very very average football team

Last edited:
A bit of a tangent but I find the media's fascination with Essendon a bit perplexing.

Everyone is saying how they have done so well to rejuvenate their list.

I find it frustrating firstly because so many things had to go right for them:

1. They were able to let a player go who played 8 games for them over the past two seasons and get a top 10 pick. (Danniher)
2. They were able to trade a decent HBF for a top 10 pick and then get in a HBF'er for pick 77 who has performed better than the player they let go. (Saad for Hind)

This means that they were able to go to the draft with three top 10 picks for the overall cost of pretty much nothing. Setting it as a precedent to replicate is precarious because of the luck they needed to pull it off.

But, what is more annoying, is that it is not like their top 10 picks have been crucial to their success. They have been decent but Reid has only played a game and Perkins and Cox are both averaging 13 touches, not many goals and a few tackles. It's not like they are setting the world on fire.

The real reason that things are looking optimistic for them is that Parish has become one of the best inside mids in the comp and Merrett, McGrath, Hind, Ridley and Langford have all stepped up. It's all about players in their 22-25 year old bracket stepping up which is driving their performance. Without them they would just be looking like North.

So I think we need to be carefully simply using them as a model to replicate and make sure we don't make the wrong conclusions simply based off what the media is saying.
Membership - or as the AFL and the media spell it - MONEY!!!!

Dunstan and DMAC are miles better than those two, and show it in the VFL. If Freeman is now so good why did he not get one bite in the mid season draft, however I agree with mowman, Dunny or DMAC wouldn't get a game in a top 8 team

Except they aren't that good in the VFL either, Dunny racks up possessions but he still has disposal issues and decision making isn't always the best. Freezer didn't get picked like heaps of other good players don't get picked every year. Players hardly ever get a second chance. Until guys like Tim Kelly and Wilkie, state league players were always considered not good enough. It takes some recruiters to break the mould and it to become successful and then everyone rushes to catch up. I know you are just trolling but it doesn't even pass basic logic that if a player doesn't get picked up that they are therefore not up to the standard of a fringe AFL player.

The media hype is ridiculous. Have a look at who they have played.

Beat us, North, Hawthorn, Collingwood (essentially the bottom 4) and just fell in against an injury decimated WCE & Freo

Got absolutely belted by Port, Richmond and the Lions. Also lost to the Giants, Blues, Swans & Hawks

Bottom 6 team with a soft draw so far who have beaten 1 decent side. With their draw, even the 2021 version of us would be 9-4. At 6-7 they are just getting the same bullsh*t hype that Carlton gets every preseason, before the wheels fall of the the media remembers their list is garbage.

Very very average football team

Look a bit like us last year with kids playing above their expected range, lots of middlers having vintage seasons and some players stepping up a level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Billings and the club haven’t made any progress on a deal. Morris Is running with what we already agree on.

“He’s in limbo. This depends on whether St Kilda can get a first-round pick as compensation or not in return … North Melbourne is where his good friend Luke McDonald plays, he went for Essendon when he grew up – but he’s not contracted for next year. So this still has plenty more to play out,” Morris said.

Billings and the club haven’t made any progress on a deal. Morris Is running with what we already agree on.

“He’s in limbo. This depends on whether St Kilda can get a first-round pick as compensation or not in return … North Melbourne is where his good friend Luke McDonald plays, he went for Essendon when he grew up – but he’s not contracted for next year. So this still has plenty more to play out,” Morris said.
I can't see him wanting to stay if we have him sitting at the front of the shop window.

Can see this one likely back firing on the club unfortunately.

I've just got a bad feeling about it.

If that's the case I just don't understand why they didn't take the risk of trying out this Schenslog bloke ???

Probably either due to them (and no other team either) rating the Schlong,

Or

Having someone else in their sights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100% agree, its so poor and seems to be happening to many of our young blokes at our club
Our development is sh*t house
Saints develop ain't that bad. Recruiting has been the issue. You don't see players like Acres dominating for Fremantle because they are under different development.

Saints develop ain't that bad. Recruiting has been the issue. You don't see players like Acres dominating for Fremantle because they are under different development.
Damage done in his 1st four years of AFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back