24. James Frawley - Link
25. Dean Kent - Link
38. Oscar Clavarino - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link
42. Max Heath - Link
45. Sam Alabakis - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Clark doesn’t look to have the body of a hardened AFL footballer to me. I say that as a huge fan. Maybe he’s just one of those skinny guys that doesn’t put on weight.
Nat Fyfe was skinnier than Cooper Sharman when he was drafted, now he looks like a bloody superhero. Hunter Clark could easily put on a similar amount of muscle. Not like he needs his speed to be effective anyway, he plays off skill and instinct

What's been wrong with our development lately? Byrnes, connolly, King, have become a main stay in the team atm. Clark, Coffield have had brilliant patches. Wilkie hasn't missed a game since been drafted, Marshall is regarded as one of the best up and coming rucks in the country, Sinclair is arguably in AA top 40 talks according to some media, highmore has been a sensation this year in some games.

We are sitting outside the 8 on percentage alone with players like brlyrnes, connolly, bytel, highmore playing less than 20 games a piece. I'd say our development of late has been exemplary
It always a talking point when the team is getting beaten - Ratten would be one of the best guys to develop these kids - Paton (pick 49)was a fine example last year , just unlucky he can't play this year.
Connolly (pick 64) who would of thought this kid would even be given game time.
Byrne (pick 52) another kid who has surprised.
Higgins has played some of his best football of his career this year.
Highmore (pick 45) has shown Stewart capabilities.
King - every team would give anything for him , at 21 and being ● Ranked 5th in Total Contested Marks he is building just fine
Clark - we all know how good he is just unlucky he broke his jaw when he started to get a bit more time in the middle.
Coffield - not had his best year , but development is always never linear.
Bytel - will be a topline inside midfielder , people have to be patient - first season he was recovering from a bad back injury , 2nd season team was performing and never got a look in and had no VFL to state his case and this is his first year to actually get a some game time and having Dunstan having a purple patch has put him on the back burner.

There is nothing wrong with our development and our recruitment team is kicking out the park , picking up Heath and Sharman in the mid season draft could well be a few others that might develop in to good players because just about every kid we have has shown AFL ability.

I now looking forward to next season and also what kids we pick up in the draft , it looks to me we are on the verge of finally being a force in the competition.

Yes but you're forgetting about the development from 2010ish to 2016 which was bad. Ergo, our development is still bad and Hunter Clark is slow. And our drafting is still sh1t too just FYI..

To me one of the few positives this year is that Dunstan has stepped up to make our midfield a strength. Before he was playing well the whole side looked ordinary. I can't actually believe how many want to go untried and step backwards with nothing but hope that we might get the same impact from untried players. It took us 8 years to get Dunstan going to this level and now we are so good at it we are willing to hope that someone can make a massive leap in the off season. I'd rather have the birdie the hand myself.

He will be 22 and have missed 18 months of football where all he could do was rest and rehab in the last 4 years.
Patience.

you can see in the moments what Bytel can do. We need to be patient.
I don't mind waiting, he's shown some good signs… but I think he'll still need to keep improving and banging the door down next year. Given he was rated as a top 10 talent, there's no reason for him to not be playing some excellent AFL footy at 22 YO. Complicating circumstances aside, I don't think he'll 6 years to warm up to the level… he'll have draftees fly past him if he's not up and about in the next year or two.

I'm not so sure about that. You could argue that Steele is a star right now, easily top 10 in the league. The bloke has lifted the team in games and got us over the line.

He came to us after only 2 years on GWS list, so you would say that we have done a good portion of the heavy lifting on that one to get him to where he is now

That's fair, he's the exception though.

I dont like being told to piss off especially when I state a heap of facts and then they are disputed- it is not opinion it is fact to support whatever we are discussing. I also dont like being told that I barrack for another side apart from the saints. I dont take that from anybody especially those who hide behind a computer screen. If you want to hand that sh*t out then you have to be prepared to take it. And I especially dont like players being slagged off after they have played a shedful of games for the club and getting towards 200 total, that is weak. Lipinski could push out Kent, Long, Lonie and dependant on training and form, a couple of the other blokes. I originally said he might be ok as a recruit if you check back, I never said chase him as hard as you can, it was discussion between myself, a dogs poster and someone else. So whats the problem?

You were the one who potted Kernal with a smart arse 'you know your football' because he didn't agree with you. The you didn't like it when he ripped you back. You've done the same to me a number of times recently. Maybe take some of your own advice Bill because as far I can can tell you're abusing people from behind a screen too.

The 'facts' that you state about are often just your opinion dressed up as an indisputable truth.

Newnes only played 200 games because we were a rubbish team and he was durable. In a good team he is ordinary at best. He's now struggling in another ordinary team.

So I ask you again, who in our best 22 is Lipinski pushing out? Kent & Lonie aren't in our best 22 and Longy is borderline at best.

I don't mind waiting, he's shown some good signs… but I think he'll still need to keep improving and banging the door down next year. Given he was rated as a top 10 talent, there's no reason for him to not be playing some excellent AFL footy at 22 YO. Complicating circumstances aside, I don't think he'll 6 years to warm up to the level… he'll have draftees fly past him if he's not up and about in the next year or two.
The thing is we want to win games so we are playing our best side as we should and this puts a lot of the kids behind the more experienced players , so these kids have to develop in the 2s but the last 2 years have been a wipeout due to Covid and the lack of VFL.
However I will back all the kids in because they have shown above average ability and they will bypass guys like Kent , Lonie , Geary and to tell you the truth we don't have to many players now that are classed as spuds and you can tell that because we use Ross as a whipping boy who was once one of our better players.
Only a couple years ago we had Weller , Newnes , Acres , Savage , Longer , Bruce , Hickey who were regulars in our team so you can see how far we have come , the turnaround in just the last 2 years has been huge and is getting better every year.

Bytel is going to need longer than average because of his limited access to games. I can't see him making an impact for a while. Clark can push his case in the off season.

Bytel looked more advanced than did Byrnesy last year.

Kids can come on and come on quick once they're given opportunity. Bytel is already showing great signs of being a high quality mid. He's composed, smart, makes good decisions and has excellent skills. Getting more of the ball will come... especially as Ratts expands his role. When he's in the middle he's usually playing a more defensive role so that Steele, Crouch or Jones can get free.

I'm 100% comfortable with throwing Bytel the midfield role that Dunstan now plays if he walks.

To me one of the few positives this year is that Dunstan has stepped up to make our midfield a strength. Before he was playing well the whole side looked ordinary. I can't actually believe how many want to go untried and step backwards with nothing but hope that we might get the same impact from untried players. It took us 8 years to get Dunstan going to this level and now we are so good at it we are willing to hope that someone can make a massive leap in the off season. I'd rather have the birdie the hand myself.
You're becoming a grumpy curmudgeon because you're too attached to this heartbreaker of a club.
StKFC is like having a junkie girlfriend, you just know investing will end in heartbreak.

Positives for me are:
.The Zebs
.The apparent good development at the Zebs now
.The kick in the pants for the coaches
."Closing the gap"
Steele
Crouch
Snaggs
Dunstan
Byrnes
Highmore
Connolly
Bytel
Hill?

Granted there's still much to do and we'll probably miss finals with the hardest fixture and worst injuries in the league, but on the whole the team will be much better off for this year.

Kids can come on and come on quick once they're given opportunity. Bytel is already showing great signs of being a high quality mid. He's composed, smart, makes good decisions and has excellent skills. Getting more of the ball will come... especially as Ratts expands his role. When he's in the middle he's usually playing a more defensive role so that Steele, Crouch or Jones can get free.

I'm 100% comfortable with throwing Bytel the midfield role that Dunstan now plays if he walks.

easy gif1627094907829.gif

Last edited:
That's fair, he's the exception though.
I would put Marshall up there , he has just had a injury riddled year and the others are developing and have the scope to be anything - to expect King to be Tony Lockett in really his first full season or Hunter Clark , Coffield , Bytel , Byrne , Connolly to be Leigh Mathew clones when they were recruited with bodies of school boys is expecting a bit much.
It's taken years to get the best out of Sinclair and a lot of this players just need time as we have seen in the mature recruits we picked up like Wilkie and Highmore.

Next year we will be getting basically 2 very good recruits in Gresham and Paton and the natural growth development in our kids will see us take a big step forward - I still feel Battle will become a star and with the year he has had will only spur him on to greater things and Ratten will get it out of him even if he plays him out of position.
I can't remember the last time we have had this much talent in the side - Clark , Higgins , Coffield , Gresham , Bytel , Connolly , Byrne , Paton , Steele , Marshall , Battle , King , Highmore and only Steele and Marshall are 25
These guys are not to bad either Wilkie , Sinclair , Membery , Crouch , Hill , Jones , Howard , Butler , Ryder.

That is 24 players and I can't say any of them are spuds , I even left out Ross , Billings , Dunstan and Long.

Well the dogs have been pretty average since 2016, being marginally less average than us doesn't mean that a fringe utility from their side will make our side any better, let alone be in our best 22.

Trent Dennis-Lane was an emergency in a grand final wasn't he?

Polec and Pittard came from a much more successful side but haven't improved North at all, actually just cost them a first rounder.

Yeah I probably agree with all that, just noting that specific point. Clearly choice of player always depends on a bunch of factors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You were the one who potted Kernal with a smart arse 'you know your football' because he didn't agree with you. The you didn't like it when he ripped you back. You've done the same to me a number of times recently. Maybe take some of your own advice Bill because as far I can can tell you're abusing people from behind a screen too.

The 'facts' that you state about are often just your opinion dressed up as an indisputable truth.

Newnes only played 200 games because we were a rubbish team and he was durable. In a good team he is ordinary at best. He's now struggling in another ordinary team.

So I ask you again, who in our best 22 is Lipinski pushing out? Kent & Lonie aren't in our best 22 and Longy is borderline at best.
So I ask you again, go back and look at the facts. They cannot be disputed. What is wrong with you? You disagreed with the facts I posted so in other words you like to make rubbish up to cover up your inadequacies in relation to football knowledge. You and the other squeezer are only the only posters I have seen anywhere that dispute known documented facts from reputable AFL libraries. Let me know when you get 200 up or better still have a go at Newnes directly and then see what happens, let the forum know the results. BTW , I dont care if people agree with me or not, but you and the squeezer obviously do, it makes your small world feel much bigger.

Yeah I think his appeal is that he's probably playing every week in most other sides so you imagine that with a clean run at it he could go up a level. I thought Libba was done a couple of years ago but given midfield time he's back to one of the premium inside mids in footy again. It's a ridiculously strong midfield to break into. Even Wallis was a mid originally. Now he can't get into the side after being their top goal scorer last year playing out of position.

The appeal of Lipinski is that he could get midfield time and do a Darcy Parish potentially.
Thats probably about right, he would get midfield time no doubt. No need to break our neck to get him but would be handy and can kick, get a couple of cheapies like that and then concentrate on a bigger fish

So I ask you again, go back and look at the facts. They cannot be disputed. What is wrong with you? You disagreed with the facts I posted so in other words you like to make rubbish up to cover up your inadequacies in relation to football knowledge. You and the other squeezer are only the only posters I have seen anywhere that dispute known documented facts from reputable AFL libraries. Let me know when you get 200 up or better still have a go at Newnes directly and then see what happens, let the forum know the results. BTW , I dont care if people agree with me or not, but you and the squeezer obviously do, it makes your small world feel much bigger.

Thanks Newnesy.

Derp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you been on here under another name ? Bloke you remind me of was an x cop

Im not sure that's true , i think a lot judged him off his one game , I had seen him live at all of the practice matches before they all left for Noosa and IMO he was always in front of Bytel , i think he just nervous in that first game.
In saying that i still have plenty of faith in Bytel and of course Leo , Stewart66 was always a big fan of Leo

What's with the aggressive name calling?

NumberPlayer Name2021 Estimated Contract2022 Estimated ContractDifference
1Nick Coffield$ 300,000.00$ 300,000.00$ -
2Jake Carlisle$ 150,000.00$ -$ 150,000.00
3Zak Jones$ 500,000.00$ 500,000.00$ -
4Jade Gresham$ 600,000.00$ 600,000.00$ -
5Brad Crouch$ 600,000.00$ 600,000.00$ -
6Seb Ross$ 550,000.00$ 450,000.00$ 100,000.00
7Luke Dunstan$ 350,000.00$ 450,000.00-$ 100,000.00
8Brad Hill$ 800,000.00$ 800,000.00$ -
9Jack Steele$ 700,000.00$ 700,000.00$ -
10Dan Hannebery$ 600,000.00$ 400,000.00$ 200,000.00
11Hunter Clark$ 300,000.00$ 300,000.00$ -
12Max King$ 300,000.00$ 550,000.00-$ 250,000.00
13Jack Lonie$ 150,000.00$ -$ 150,000.00
14Jarryn Geary$ 250,000.00$ -$ 250,000.00
15Jack Billings$ 650,000.00$ 500,000.00$ 150,000.00
16Dan Butler$ 350,000.00$ 350,000.00$ -
17Dylan Roberton$ 550,000.00$ -$ 550,000.00
18Paddy Ryder$ 300,000.00$ 300,000.00$ -
19Rowan Marshall$ 400,000.00$ 400,000.00$ -
20Dougal Howard$ 550,000.00$ 550,000.00$ -
21Ben Long$ 300,000.00$ 300,000.00$ -
22Jack Higgins$ 350,000.00$ 350,000.00$ -
23Jack Bytel$ 150,000.00$ 150,000.00$ -
24James Frawley$ 150,000.00$ -$ 150,000.00
25Dean Kent$ 300,000.00$ -$ 300,000.00
26Josh Battle$ 300,000.00$ 300,000.00$ -
27Shaun Mckernan$ 150,000.00$ -$ 150,000.00
28Tim Membrey$ 500,000.00$ 500,000.00$ -
29Jimmy Webster$ 400,000.00$ 400,000.00$ -
30Matt Allison$ 100,000.00$ 100,000.00$ -
31Ryan Byrnes$ 150,000.00$ 150,000.00$ -
32Mason Wood$ 150,000.00$ 150,000.00$ -
33Ben Paton$ 250,000.00$ 250,000.00$ -
34Tom Highmore$ 100,000.00$ 100,000.00$ -
35Jack Sinclair$ 300,000.00$ 450,000.00-$ 150,000.00
36Dan Mckenzie$ 300,000.00$ 300,000.00$ -
37Leo Connolly$ 100,000.00$ 200,000.00-$ 100,000.00
38Oscar Clavarino$ 100,000.00$ 100,000.00$ -
39Darragh Joyce$ 100,000.00$ -$ 100,000.00
41Paul Hunter$ 100,000.00$ -$ 100,000.00
42Max Heath$ 100,000.00$ 100,000.00$ -
43Cooper Sharman$ 100,000.00$ 100,000.00$ -
44Callum Wilkie$ 200,000.00$ 450,000.00-$ 250,000.00
45Sam Alabakis$ 100,000.00$ -$ 100,000.00
2021 Draft Picks X5$ -$ 500,000.00-$ 500,000.00
Covid Payment???-$ 750,000.00$ 750,000.00
Total$ 13,800,000.00$ 11,950,000.00$ 1,100,000.00
Cap Size$ 14,000,000.00$ 14,000,000.00
Remaining$ 200,000.00$ 2,050,000.00

Obviously this is all speculation, but could be a rough guide as to what our salary cap looks like. Open For discussion if people think some are very wrong. The Covid payment I heard a few people mention we apparently get back something like 750k this year. Not sure if was true, but put it in. Have us taking 5 players in the national/rookie draft which is probably about right.

However, it does look as though we will have a fair bit of room next year (2mill if the covid payment thing is true, 1.25 if not) even after re-singing Billings, Dunstan and Ross. we might have a crack at a free agent such as King, but I don't think we will be tight for room next year and definitely have the $$$$ to make a move.

What's with the aggressive name calling?
Didnt you get aggressive with me more than once going back a few days or have you forgotten that? Is it only a few posters on here and your one of them that can have a go at posters but dont like it back. Keep up the gaslighting? It suits you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back