25. Dean Kent - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – tbc (approx. Friday November 19)

List Lodgement 1
tbc (approx. Thursday October 28)

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
tbc (approx. Friday October 29 - Monday November 8)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
tbc (approx. Tuesday November 9)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
tbc (approx. Wednesday November 10 - Friday November 19)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 25, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Wonder if dodoro Will be labeled a genius when dunstans kicking it up his ass every game
Dodoro recently got stung by his own Mosquito. (Karma has a sense of humour.) Let him have Luke. I’m more worried about him going after one of our NGA kids , for the attention it will provide him. He will soon discover Luke isn’t exactly Darren Jarman by foot.

Ads734

Premiership Player
Jan 24, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
I am. And I still believe Sinclair is a far smarter user of the ball.
His run out of the backline and entry into inside 50 are superior by my eye test.

My family are Bombers supporters so I probably watched all of his games. I didn’t say he couldn’t play, he was very good - but for me Sincs shows more.
Alternatively we could’ve had both and played at least one on the wing.

mad-saint-guy

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2005
Toronto, ON
AFL Club
St Kilda
Marshall and Ladhams would make a great combo but I don't think those guys fit if we then end up with Bing next year. A cheap ruck who can fill in for Paddy when he needs a rest makes more sense.

I'd say grab an Archie Smith/Tom Cambpell/Flynn/Briggs this year and go for Bing in 2022.

B: Paton, Howard, Wilkie
HB: Coffield, Battle, Sinclair
C: Hill, Steele, Billings
HF: Higgins, B.King, Gresham
F: Butler, M.King, Sharman

Foll: Marshall, Crouch, Clark
Int: Byrnes, Bytel, Jones, Membrey

The Kings will be turning 23 in season 2023 so they should be conditioned enough to provide ruck support by then.

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
No rapt in the idea Ladhams. A bit meh without any special traits.

Have a look at his ruck stats - the only times he ever seems to get more than 20 hitouts is when he plays against the lesser standard ruckmen and isn't a great forward option either.

Wouldn't be wasting picks on him.

Nov 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I saw the Saints TV Facebook post and jumped straight on BigFooty. 10+ new pages on the trade thread, I thought there must been a media announcement and that I'd have some nice meaty, robust discussion about Ladhams to peruse over the evening.

To say I was disappointed after reading the 10th new page in a row about Luke Dunstan is an understatement.

I feel your pain. I also remembered I do the same thing this time every year and have no one to blame other than myself

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda

Have a look at his ruck stats - the only times he ever seems to get more than 20 hitouts is when he plays against the lesser standard ruckmen and isn't a great forward option either.

To be fair, he's very rarely been played as the only ruck so his hit outs will never be high.

His ruck work is ok from what I've watched of him but it's not outstanding. He's a similar type to Marshall where he can quickly become another midfielder when the ball hits the deck and good around the ground and forward.

I just don't like the idea of giving up a good price for a ruckman right now when we have bigger needs and we would be able to find a back up on the cheap.

I think he'll end up a good ruck who can go forward but he's a project still. He's second ruck to Lycett so I imagine he's only getting high hitouts when Lycett is out. At 23 most ruck aren't even playing so you have to project a few years. I think he's good around the ground and probably a bit better at tap work that Marshall but less mobile. We don't need more talls though.

Minga

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
Marshall and Ladhams would make a great combo but I don't think those guys fit if we then end up with Bing next year. A cheap ruck who can fill in for Paddy when he needs a rest makes more sense.

I'd say grab an Archie Smith/Tom Cambpell/Flynn/Briggs this year and go for Bing in 2022.

B: Paton, Howard, Wilkie
HB: Coffield, Battle, Sinclair
C: Hill, Steele, Billings
HF: Higgins, B.King, Gresham
F: Butler, M.King, Sharman

Foll: Marshall, Crouch, Clark
Int: Byrnes, Bytel, Jones, Membrey

The Kings will be turning 23 in season 2023 so they should be conditioned enough to provide ruck support by then.

Archie Smith has retired

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
I think he'll end up a good ruck who can go forward but he's a project still. He's second ruck to Lycett so I imagine he's only getting high hitouts when Lycett is out. At 23 most ruck aren't even playing so you have to project a few years. I think he's good around the ground and probably a bit better at tap work that Marshall but less mobile. We don't need more talls though.
None of this makes any sense to me, why are we chasing a ruckman ?.

Have to question if Bing is a possibility if we are going to chase/get Ladhams? Might be reading into it a bit to much but just has me thinking.

Ladhams also showed some good forward craft through the year and would make a good combo with Marshall after Ryder hangs them up.

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
None of this makes any sense to me, why are we chasing a ruckman ?.
If you look at Marshall as a 2nd tall forward we've got Ryder (1 year at best), PHunter (break glass in emergency) and Heath (2/3 years away from it).

They'll be looking at anyone who they see as a cheap upgrade on PHunter or pay for a better ruck/forward as a bridge between Ryder and Heath.

Sully111

Premiership Player
Jun 10, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Our current group brings me more hope than I've had since 2011.

For me, the one i still have my eye on is Ratts. I really hope with some injection of fresh faces in the coaching ranks we'll take some big steps forward in that area.

In the right hands, i believe this group is capable of some great footy.

Hoping Ross doesn't sign.

Hope Billings tears it up next year.

Still think we're a much better side with Ryder rucking. Hope he can stay fit next season.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Have to question if Bing is a possibility if we are going to chase/get Ladhams? Might be reading into it a bit to much but just has me thinking.

Ladhams also showed some good forward craft through the year and would make a good combo with Marshall after Ryder hangs them up.
I don't think we are chasing him. It was reported we were looking for a cheap ruck option and he wouldn't be that.

If it did happen I would agree regarding Bing. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
I don't think we are chasing him. It was reported we were looking for a cheap ruck option and he wouldn't be that.

If it did happen I would agree regarding Bing. Doesn't make a lot of sense.
You would also have to question how a ruck about to hit his prime would be excited to move from 2nd in the pecking order to 3rd. Especially when there are other clubs he could go to and be the number 1 from rd1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back