25. Dean Kent - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – tbc (approx. Friday November 19)

List Lodgement 1
tbc (approx. Thursday October 28)

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
tbc (approx. Friday October 29 - Monday November 8)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
tbc (approx. Tuesday November 9)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
tbc (approx. Wednesday November 10 - Friday November 19)

Last edited by a moderator:
Coached gippy power to a grand final, box Hill to a flag, head of AFL at hawks and assistant coach after Bolton left, then head of collingwoods academy last year

Sounds like Bevo.....lets sack Ratts.

The GOAT played some Ruck before being picked up by the club, so he could be the answer after putting on some size. I don’t believe a genuine second ruck is absolutely necessary when Marshall has such a good tank.

Yeah but the club seems to think Marshall is the second ruck so they're looking for someone to play first ruck

The most pleasing part of trade period is nothing coming out of the club, as like 2019 & 2020.
That’s when the recruiting team went bang, with Ryder, Howard, Butler, Jones, Hill (2019)Crouch & Higgins the main two in 2020.
Can see more surprising trades happening in our favour again this trade, can’t wait till it starts.

I think this off-season is going to be a critical one for the success of this club moving forward.
We've seen time and time again clubs thinking they are closer to a flag than what they really are and try to get 1 or 2 more pieces, and pay a premium for them, only for it to backfire and set them back several years. I'd be happy to keep all our picks and maybe pick up a couple of cheap free agents and leave it at that.
We really need to see how much our current players can develop and gel as a team before another season of several new inclusions.
But in saying that we have to trust what the club does and pray they know what they're doing!

Also I was going to suggest Tim Membrey to play a CHB role, he's good overhead, strong, has a huge tank and has dropped back there with success several times last season. However he is only 190cm so could be too short, although that hasn't really been a problem for him playing as a key forward.

Cox makes a lot of sense I think. 12 month prospect. Can play half a dozen or so games when Ryder is out and can play forward or ruck. He’s a good back up for both of our options.

Get to the end of next year and see where things are at with Ryder/Bing and go for a more long term solution then.
Being that Chol is taken, agree. think he would be better backup than PHunter, wouldn't cost anything pick wise assuming Pies delist.

Yeah but the club seems to think Marshall is the second ruck so they're looking for someone to play first ruck
Personally think were best off having a backup like Cox for now and let's see how Heath develops next year. We don't have much draft picks to use in trade - think we will need all for our nga's and should definitely use pick 9 on best available mid.

Next year if we get Bing then no need for another ruck or Heath may be showing great signs so it wouldn't be needed. If they both don't happen you can trade in best available then.

We still have Ryder for this year, although likely to miss a few games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine sending Roo to CHB after he just kicked 60+ goals for the year in 2004. Yeah he could probably do it but it would make zero sense.
This idea of ladhams sounds good , but what happens if we do trade in Ben King? Teams can’t carry heaps of talls. Midfielders on the other hand you can put them anywhere… just look at the dogs.
Just like how we can put Dunstan anywhere.

We really need a Back-Ruck and not a Ruck-FWD, has that every successfully worked?

Marshall 60% ruck, 40% FWD/rest
Player X 40% ruck, 60% Back/rest

God knows who that player is.
Howard, Wilkie, Highmore and Coffield is enough height to cover art times

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not many teams play a Back/Ruck.
Not really sure why but assume it is because it allows teams to choose when their ruck rotates rather than being caught out a tall short when they go into the ruck.

Not many teams play a Back/Ruck.
Not really sure why but assume it is because it allows teams to choose when their ruck rotates rather than being caught out a tall short when they go into the ruck.
It also doesn't give the ruck any chance of resting and I don't think constantly moving a tall in and out of the backline would be great for cohesion.

Most mids are more versatile than Dunstan. That was one of his main weakness' Unfortunately.

Usually young mids will do an apprenticeship at half forward, or back or the wing.
Mainly start on the HBF. Old days you started in the forward pocket

It also doesn't give the ruck any chance of resting and I don't think constantly moving a tall in and out of the backline would be great for cohesion.
Probably from days of yore. Dempsey , Bill Ryan and co used to always drop back and take mark after mark. I suppose this was the method when you did not have a tall backman, these guys filled the void and I think they rucked mainly on their own with support from a bigger forward

Do you know him personally?
Seems like a very good resume and I like that he’s also been a teacher.
Yep taught me in year 11&12
Taught Rob Murphy as well who speaks highly of him. Just very calm, and relates well to young people. Obviously done a lot in the footy industry but he is a very good at making the complicated seem simple. Perfect to have around our young stars based on my time with him.

I would say if we want Bing next year then GC will want a player like Marshall plus a first rounder, at least.

Would the club do it, that will be very interesting, will Gags roll over like Wells did for Jeremy.
Clubs always ask for players in return but it usually just ends up being picks or sometimes a fringe player.

The only way that would happen is if Marshall did a Tom Boyd and told the club he wanted to go to Gold Coast.

I'd imagine if we wanted to go the deal would be based around 2 first round picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back