Paul Hunter

Traded;
Luke Dunstan

Retired;
Jake Carlisle
Dylan Roberton
Shaun McKernan
James Frawley

To see the full playing list list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – Monday November 15

List Lodgement 1
Friday October 29

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday November 3 - Tuesday November 9

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
Wednesday November 10

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
Thursday November 11 - Monday November 15

AFL Pre-Season Commences (First to fourth year players)
Monday November 22

National Draft
Round 1: Wednesday November 24 (7pm)
Round 2 – completion: Thursday November 25 (7pm - late)

Preseason and Rookie Drafts
Friday November 26 (3.20pm)

Final List Lodgement
Monday November 29

Pre-Season Commences (All other players)
Monday 6 December

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
December - March (tbc)

Pre-Season Christmas Break
Sunday 19 December - Sunday 9 January

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not going to effect us as much as some of the other teams like GWS and the Swans but as you say strange.

Won’t effect the swans and GWS. Northern academy’s are different to the NGA’s. Northern clubs will still have full access to their talent, as if they were father/son I believe.

Never a huge Jack Lonie fan but always feel a little sad to see them get delisted. He would feel pretty low right now.
So Kent still on the list, we pick nobody up and Lonie still delised. Wonder whom they are looking at?
I reckon Lonies papers were stamped once he tried that stupid kick into the forward 50 in the last qtr of that close loss to Adelaide

Does any know how many we have in contract limbo and how many list spots available? Feels like we will need to get some DFA to fill the list.

Naish
Hanrahan
Skinner
Schloenslog
Freeman
Constable
Lienert
Cousins
Greaves
Hartley
O’Brien.

These are names that come to mind.

Does any know how many we have in contract limbo and how many list spots available? Feels like we will need to get some DFA to fill the list.

Naish
Hanrahan
Skinner
Schloenslog
Freeman
Constable
Lienert
Cousins
Greaves
Hartley
O’Brien.

It's in the first post.

I feel the team next year will surprise , the reason being getting a regular 22 each week or most weeks will help the team tremendously.
Just knowing how a player rolls onto his left foot more than to his right , knowing how a player delivers the ball , how a player attacks the ball or leads.
You know from watching replays of games but playing with the same players each week makes it become instinct at the spur of the moment.
Because we had a horror run of injuries we had to rotate players not allowing for players to really gel , now having the main core of players together for 2 years it should work in our favor , the midfield should benefit the most having a ruckman who can get through most of the season will allow our mids to read the ball better.
Having Marshall , Jones , Gresham , Clark playing more than half a season together should be a big plus and should blend well with Steele and Crouch.

Our backline did well considering the first part of the season and now with Wilkie , Howard , Webster , Sinclair and Highmore settled down back will get us out of many tough situations.
Paton by the looks has bulked up and could well be used in a different role next year and Coffield may as well.

Our forward line to me is going to hurt teams , having a very good contested marking big man and having a group of elite small forwards who can pull off freakish goals in Higgins , Gresham and Butler it's going to be mouth watering seeing them in full flight.
Also having Membery and now Sharman teams are going to have there hands full.

People who say we don't have anyone elite are full of S//t - Higgins and Gresham can pull off things the average Joe can't do and Butler is better than what he showed this year and as we saw he was just about a All Australian the year before.
Add the developing exciting big forward in King and we are the team to watch.
Also it doesn't matter what anybody says about Hill , when he is on he is elite - you don't win a fairest and best over Fyfe and Neale not being a very good player.

Billings is one guy who might just prove his naysayers wrong , having a team working structurally better together may just give him more opportunities to use the skills he possesses.

I still feel Marshall has a big part on how we perform next season , if he has a good season we are top 4 and anything is possible.

I see all the predictions from the media and they don't much value in any of our team , we keep a consist 26 or so players together next season and we will push any team.

I'm not even taking into account improvement in any of the young players which include Connolly , Byrne , Sharman , Coffield , Battle and Bytel any of them could have a breakout season , then add on our new draftees and the team looks impressive.

Players like Highmore and Sharman were very impressive considering it was there first season and I wouldn't be surprised they become outstanding players.

Naish
Hanrahan
Skinner
Schloenslog
Freeman
Constable
Lienert
Cousins
Greaves
Hartley
O’Brien.

St C mentioned Mayo today and he looks like he has recovered from his ACL and seems to be a player worth picking back up.

OTE="Beard of Zeus, post: 72638964, member: 175938"]
Add Slong to that list, some handy options at least to come and train with us.

My preference order:
1. Schenslong
2. LOB
3. Constable
4. Naish.

Our team know what they're doing now though

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app
[/QUOTE]

I like the look of Schenslong as KPD. Something to really mix things up throw Schlong as FB. Solid lad at 199cm and 95kegs he will be able to defend in one on one contests.

Throw Dougal as a KPCHB. He could do some real damage. Dougal is not only a great one on one defender but he also has a descent leap, reads of the play, intercepts as well as anyone, great pace and can roost a ball. I could see him on the occasion sneak forward, receive a handball and roost a few cheeky goals.

Delisted;
Oscar Clavarino
Sam Alabakis
Jack Lonie

Traded;
Luke Dunstan

Retired;
Jake Carlisle
Dylan Roberton
Shaun McKernan
James Frawley

Current Players Out of Contract;
25. Dean Kent - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – tbc (approx. Friday November 19)

List Lodgement 1
tbc (approx. Thursday October 28)

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
tbc (approx. Friday October 29 - Monday November 8)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
tbc (approx. Tuesday November 9)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
tbc (approx. Wednesday November 10 - Friday November 19)

George please provide details of list spots, In pinned post.

I believe there are Currently 30 senior players, and 6 rookies (Per draft guru website). 36 total.

Per 2021/2022 rules clubs are permitted to have a minimum of 37 players and a maximum of 44 players (includes two cat b rookies) on their books. Primary lists must have between 36 and 38 players. Rookies in their third season will be allowed to spend a fourth. (Previously a maximum of 3).

Rookies are Wilke, Sharman, Joyce, Hunter, Max Heath, and Mason Wood.

We will need to upgrade Joyce as he has already spent 4 years on the rookie list and we should upgrade Wilke as he deserves it.

That leaves 32 senior players. ( Assuming no further delistings)

To achieve 36 senior players at a minimum we will need to draft/recruit a minimum of 4 primary players (including any delisted free agents).

That would leave our list with 36 senior players and 4 rookies. For a total of 40 players.

I believe there are Currently 30 senior players, and 6 rookies (Per draft guru website). 36 total.

Per 2021/2022 rules clubs are permitted to have a minimum of 37 players and a maximum of 44 players (includes two cat b rookies) on their books. Primary lists must have between 36 and 38 players. Rookies in their third season will be allowed to spend a fourth. (Previously a maximum of 3).

We will need to upgrade Joyce as he has already spent 4 years on the rookie list and we should upgrade Wilke as he deserves it.

To achieve 36 senior players at a minimum we will need to draft/recruit a minimum of 4 primary players (including any delisted free agents).

That would leave our list with 36 senior players and 4 rookies. For a total of 40 players.
If we let 8 go I would assume we would bring the same amount in. We had 40 last year IIRC. We can have 44 but we won't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We started the season with 36 senior and 5 rookies + Alabakis
Picked up Sharman and Heath in Mid Season draft which took us over on list spots by 1

Imagine Wilkie has been upgraded to senior list with his new contract.
Joyce is fine to stay on rookie list as was delisted last year and re-rookied so he starts again.

With 6 Senior Listed players going out (Dunstan, Carlisle, Roberton, Frawley, McKernan, Lonie) + Wilkie coming up we have 5 senior list spots available.
We have 1 rookie spot going out (Clavarino) and Wilkie going up to senior list but one of these spots is take by Sharman who was excess to our list allowances.

Leaves us with 5 spots on the list and 1 rookie for the draft/DFA.
- Pick 9
- Windhager
- Owens
- ??? (reckon they are hoping to trade in to the draft if 1 of the NGA's dont go in early 20's, or they get picked up pre-20)
- DFA (after draft I assume) - Hartley, Hanrahan, Naish etc.

Rookie spot for Mid Season Rookie Draft imo

I feel the team next year will surprise , the reason being getting a regular 22 each week or most weeks will help the team tremendously.
Just knowing how a player rolls onto his left foot more than to his right , knowing how a player delivers the ball , how a player attacks the ball or leads.
You know from watching replays of games but playing with the same players each week makes it become instinct at the spur of the moment.
Because we had a horror run of injuries we had to rotate players not allowing for players to really gel , now having the main core of players together for 2 years it should work in our favor , the midfield should benefit the most having a ruckman who can get through most of the season will allow our mids to read the ball better.
Having Marshall , Jones , Gresham , Clark playing more than half a season together should be a big plus and should blend well with Steele and Crouch.

Our backline did well considering the first part of the season and now with Wilkie , Howard , Webster , Sinclair and Highmore settled down back will get us out of many tough situations.
Paton by the looks has bulked up and could well be used in a different role next year and Coffield may as well.

Our forward line to me is going to hurt teams , having a very good contested marking big man and having a group of elite small forwards who can pull off freakish goals in Higgins , Gresham and Butler it's going to be mouth watering seeing them in full flight.

People who say we don't have anyone elite are full of S//t - Higgins and Gresham can pull off things the average Joe can't do and Butler is better than what he showed this year and as we saw he was just about a All Australian the year before.
Also it doesn't matter what anybody says about Hill , when he is on he is elite - you don't win a fairest and best over Fyfe and Neale not being a very good player.

Billings is one guy who might just prove his naysayers wrong , having a team working structurally better together may just give him more opportunities to use the skills he possesses.

I still feel Marshall has a big part on how we perform next season , if he has a good season we are top 4 and anything is possible.

I see all the predictions from the media and they don't much value in any of our team , we keep a consist 26 or so players together next season and we will push any team.

I'm not even taking into account improvement in any of the young players which include Connolly , Byrne , Sharman , Coffield , Battle and Bytel any of them could have a breakout season , then add on our new draftees and the team looks impressive.

Players like Highmore and Sharman were very impressive considering it was there first season and I wouldn't be surprised they become outstanding players.

Love the optimism, and I’m right on board with you. Our ceiling is high next year, time to take the opportunity. Going to be so good going to live games again 😍😍😍

We started the season with 36 senior and 5 rookies + Alabakis
Picked up Sharman and Heath in Mid Season draft which took us over on list spots by 1

Imagine Wilkie has been upgraded to senior list with his new contract.
Joyce is fine to stay on rookie list as was delisted last year and re-rookied so he starts again.

With 6 Senior Listed players going out (Dunstan, Carlisle, Roberton, Frawley, McKernan, Lonie) + Wilkie coming up we have 5 senior list spots available.
We have 1 rookie spot going out (Clavarino) and Wilkie going up to senior list but one of these spots is take by Sharman who was excess to our list allowances.

Leaves us with 5 spots on the list and 1 rookie for the draft/DFA.
- Pick 9
- Windhager
- Owens
- ??? (reckon they are hoping to trade in to the draft if 1 of the NGA's dont go in early 20's, or they get picked up pre-20)
- DFA (after draft I assume) - Hartley, Hanrahan, Naish etc.

Rookie spot for Mid Season Rookie Draft imo
Well as per my post above we currently have 36 players total and are allowed 44 players including 6 rookies, consequently we have 8 list spots available to achieve 44 players.

We can have a max of 44 players on our list or a min 37 players. We had 40 listed players in 2021 (per George). So sounds like we either still have cap issues or it just a wait and see as to what talent is available.

Assuming 44 player list.
8 list spots including:
6 to 8 senior list spots. ( Before rookie elevations (BRE) i.e. Wilke)
0 to 2 rookie list spots. (BRE)

Good point , Mayo could well be one they are looking at - there seems to be a few players that we could have eyed off that are not on the radar, that will cost nothing - the reason a few guys are still waiting on contracts.
This Mayo talk is just that,,,, mayo, not a chance in hell we will re draft him , we don't need more forwards, your thinking with your heart not your head

Last edited:
Well as per my post above we currently have 36 players total and are allowed 44 players including 6 rookies, consequently we have 8 list spots available to achieve 44 players.

We can have a max of 44 players on our list or a min 37 players. We had 40 listed players in 2021 (per George). So sounds like we either still have cap issues or it just a wait and see as to what talent is available.

Assuming 44 player list.
8 list spots including:
6 to 8 senior list spots. ( Before rookie elevations (BRE) i.e. Wilke)
0 to 2 rookie list spots. (BRE)

The other issue to consider is that if the talent is simply not available we won't fill up list spots for the sake of it. We have worked through our list over the last three years and those to cull have been obvious and readily available. From here on it will get harder, we will get closer to the point of having to cull fringe players that we would prefer to keep than has previously been the case. At the end of 2022 the obvious ones will be Ryder and Geary, but who else? Maybe Kent, maybe Hunter, maybe Long, but maybe none of those.......

The other part of that equation is developing talent - all the potential draftees this year have had the final two years of their development impacted massively. The mid-season draft next year (assuming we get back to a semblance of normal by Christmas) may well throw up some gems again, and next years draft will potentially be a lot deeper simply due to the ability of potential draftees to get on the park and play games. And that includes leftovers from the past two drafts that have had their development stunted and missed out due to reducing list sizes and minimal drafting over the past two years!

Pure garbage you’ve tried to pass off as fact rather than just an opinion.... a rubbish one in my opinion

He had 7 years.. he was good in parts but couldn’t string it together consistently it’s how it goes sometimes
Just my opinion on what I see
There is a reason he was on the outer and IMO it was because he didn’t have a team first instinct

There is a reason he was on the outer and IMO it was because he didn’t have a team first instinct
I’m sorry but anyone who has sat underneath a ball knowing they are going to, and do, get crunched by the opposition has demonstrated a team first ethic.

Which is totally incorrect & based on Lonie being awarded a free kick that should have gone to Gresh.

Because Roo said something about it being selfish of Lonie to ‘claim’ the free (ignoring the fact that the umpire had incorrectly awarded him the free when it was Gresh who had laid the tackle) a handful of supporters have run with it.

I love Roo but he gets wrong just like anyone else sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, except for one thing - it won’t be a surprise to me. Bring on 2022!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back