Paul Hunter

Traded;
Luke Dunstan

Retired;
Jake Carlisle
Dylan Roberton
Shaun McKernan
James Frawley

To see the full playing list list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – Monday November 15

List Lodgement 1
Friday October 29

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday November 3 - Tuesday November 9

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
Wednesday November 10

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
Thursday November 11 - Monday November 15

AFL Pre-Season Commences (First to fourth year players)
Monday November 22

National Draft
Round 1: Wednesday November 24 (7pm)
Round 2 – completion: Thursday November 25 (7pm - late)

Preseason and Rookie Drafts
Friday November 26 (3.20pm)

Final List Lodgement
Monday November 29

Pre-Season Commences (All other players)
Monday 6 December

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
December - March (tbc)

Pre-Season Christmas Break
Sunday 19 December - Sunday 9 January

Last edited by a moderator:
General trade info -

Then came the real mega trade of 2021, with Melbourne, St Kilda, Adelaide and the Western Bulldogs involved in a four-way trade that came down to trading three fourths and a fifth-round pick to get the deal done, with the Saints fronting pick 49 in return for the three fourth rounders.

The obvious benefits were to the Demons, Crows and Bulldogs, who all found advantage in the trade, but with St Kilda getting such scant return their involvement seems baffling.

But here’s the thing. St Kilda’s 2021 next generation academy group is stacked and they are now a little worried that Marcus Windhager or even Mitchito Owens could be poached in the first round without the ability for the Saints to match under new next generation academy rules, while Jack Peris, son of Nova and the late Daniel Batman, is another who may only require a late pick to find his way to Moorabbin.

St Kilda has preserved all of their future picks and has the Crows’ future fourth, so look for them to be trying to secure some more mid-round picks to use to match bids and even buy back in if they use up all their points on the first couple of players.

Where did you
General trade info -

Then came the real mega trade of 2021, with Melbourne, St Kilda, Adelaide and the Western Bulldogs involved in a four-way trade that came down to trading three fourths and a fifth-round pick to get the deal done, with the Saints fronting pick 49 in return for the three fourth rounders.

The obvious benefits were to the Demons, Crows and Bulldogs, who all found advantage in the trade, but with St Kilda getting such scant return their involvement seems baffling.

But here’s the thing. St Kilda’s 2021 next generation academy group is stacked and they are now a little worried that Marcus Windhager or even Mitchito Owens could be poached in the first round without the ability for the Saints to match under new next generation academy rules, while Jack Peris, son of Nova and the late Daniel Batman, is another who may only require a late pick to find his way to Moorabbin.

St Kilda has preserved all of their future picks and has the Crows’ future fourth, so look for them to be trying to secure some more mid-round picks to use to match bids and even buy back in if they use up all their points on the first couple of players.
Where did you read this?

Where did you

Where did you read this?
An article I just read online about trades conducted this week. It covered all clubs but struggling to find it now. Maybe the author was a guy call Thom Roker, if he rings a bell

An article I just read online about trades conducted this week. It covered all clubs but struggling to find it now. Maybe the author was a guy call Thom Roker, if he rings a bell

The ONE time we don’t want journos to do any real homework on our list….
😬

Or didn’t rate it.

As much as Schlensog sounds like a good fit now, he was passed over by every club last draft, DFA period & the mid season draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whether they rate it or not is irrelevent.
Every club could have taken Ben Brown as a rookie the year before he was drafted.
The talent was still there.

Nothing to do with a free kick or what Roo said or didnt say , thats a poor justification to suit your narrative. It is about Lonies performances this year around goal or when he got the ball. He took shots for goal that were not on, he didnt deliver the ball to a team mate in a better position and he tried manouvres beyond his capabilities. Has anybody asked why he was dropped from the team several times---every year? No, they havent. Has anybody thought about why he was delisted? No, because no-body wants to answer those questions because they want to wallow in mediocrity with some of the players who are just not good enough to be in the team. If you dont want to respect anyones' opinions then they sure as hell aint going to respect yours.
Crows v Saints 1min after Hunter C gets his face smashed in.
Not good enough by Jack. I’m not sure he played again after that..?
But it’s done and I wish him well. Hope he gets a gig somewhere else. Love that a Saints supporter got to live his dream and play for his team. Not many get that chance.

Last edited:
#7 for Bing?

Or Bytel -> #7, and Bing to #23?

Bytel.

Cuz to Hayes to Spook sullying it a bit to Bytel redemption arc for mid archetypes. 10 is flexible, might as well go Ben10 to prove how inept Suns are at all things by having a kids show beat them and "no no, Spider, defo Spider..."

Crows v Saints 1min after Hunter C gets his face smashed in.
Not good enough by Jack. I’m not sure he played again after that..?
But it’s done and I wish him well. Hope he gets a gig somewhere else. Love that a Saints supporter got to live his dream and play for his team. Not many get that chance.
If that’s what our coaching staff took out of that game then god help us.

Clarke gets cleaned up and not one teammate comes in to remonstrate, nicks is on record as saying that’s the point he knew they were going to win the game. Did you watch the finish to this game, the absolute lack of anything remotely resembling a game plan, it was laughable but yep inexcusable from lonie.

Some were questioning why we need players with aggression, well you watched it. AFL is a physical alpha sport, if you allow the opposition to monster you and first use because they go harder at the contest then you’re not winning many games imo.

Jack lonie is looking for a chance at another club because we have too many in front of him and after 85 games over 7 seasons
the club has decided he’s not in our plans moving forward even as depth. Give me your favourite player and I will find something over 85 games where he didn’t go, didn’t stick a tackle, didn’t chase, was selfish by taking a ping at goal or ignoring a teammate.

Imo this narrative on lonie is rubbish, anyway good luck to him, he was close at times and gave it his best shot but wasn’t quite up to being a regular. Mark him down as another flawed draft choice, small forwards who lack pace, can’t stick tackles and importantly struggle to kick 40 metres don’t usually have long careers. Imo it’s testament to his courage and determination that he managed to play 85 games for us despite his limitations.

This I don’t like:

”An oft-forgotten fact of bid matching is that after the first round the discount of 20 per cent is waived and replaced by a flat 197 point hit, so late-round picks can be used to match anything that comes after pick 57, while even bids in the third round can be matched by a late junk pick and the difference in points goes forward as a deficit against the club’s first pick in the following year’s trade period.”

Are we sure any deficit for the NGA’s is offset against our second not our first?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This I don’t like:

”An oft-forgotten fact of bid matching is that after the first round the discount of 20 per cent is waived and replaced by a flat 197 point hit, so late-round picks can be used to match anything that comes after pick 57, while even bids in the third round can be matched by a late junk pick and the difference in points goes forward as a deficit against the club’s first pick in the following year’s trade period.”

Are we sure any deficit for the NGA’s is offset against our second not our first?

In Gags we trust. I'm sure he's all over it.

From SEN

Saints trade grades 2021

Matt Rendell (and not bloody me) says:

They didn’t do anything. They’ve already done all their work. They’ve maxed out on their salary cap.

They get Ben Paton and Jade Gresham back who are crucial to the team.

The trouble with St Kilda last year is they weren’t fit enough and perhaps stuffed up their pre-season.

They need to fix that up and get the blokes fit. You’ll see a better St Kilda next year.

Cross.

Ins:
Nil

Outs:
Luke Dunstan

2021 draft hand:
9, 62, 66, 67, 85

Last edited:
Saints trade grades 2021
Rendell says:

They didn’t do anything. They’ve already done all their work. They’ve maxed out on their salary cap.

They get Ben Paton and Jade Gresham back who are crucial to the team.

The trouble with St Kilda last year is they weren’t fit enough and perhaps stuffed up their pre-season.

They need to fix that up and get the blokes fit. You’ll see a better St Kilda next year.

Cross.

Ins:
Nil

Outs:
Luke Dunstan

2021 draft hand:
9, 62, 66, 67, 85
Maxed out cap? :rolleyes:

This I don’t like:

I've never seen a club get a downgrade on their future first, even the Dogs with JUH worth pick one. I would think we'd trade Adelaide's future 4th for a pale of junk picks to make up the short fall this year.

Have we ever had a year with so many primo jumpers up for grabs?

That's some serious locker room real estate. Could be a few guys (Byrnes, Paton, Sharman, Highmore) looking for upgrades.
Save #24 for Bing 😉

Or didn’t rate it.

As much as Schlensog sounds like a good fit now, he was passed over by every club last draft, DFA period & the mid season draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From all reports we were going to take him at the MSD, but he was carrying an injury. I think they were hoping he would slot straight in. Also the reason he went forward, but was still able to kick a few bags. Dominated early part of the season before injury. That’s why he’s on the radar of a few clubs now.
IMO, I still think he’s worth a shot.

Logan Austin’s business really getting a plug from the sainters. Also where’s coffield? He needs to be dragged along with those two

Coff was also glaringly absent from the Saints best 22 on the AFL website.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back