Analysis 2021 trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Aside from trading players out, I thought someone inhere or Tom Morris said we've got no room for trades.

Id love a fast ready made HBF such as Nick Hine at Essendon.

Aside from trading players out, I thought someone inhere or Tom Morris said we've got no room for trades.
Someone made reference to limited cap space. I could see us manufacturing some by offloading a few players but it would only be for a middle of the pack player.

Jordan Dawson would be perfect but it's just a pipe dream, don't have the draft capital or list spaces to accommodate him.

Very quiet to nil activity in the trade space this off season IMO.

Dylan Stephens could be a cheap addition (salary wise) and fill a need

I would seriously think about trading out a best 22 player like the swans did with Allir this year.
This could give us a chance to attack an area we need to be better at the midfield. Yes it would hurt seeing one of our better players running around for someone else but might give us better balance as a team. Any thoughts on this?

Jordan Dawson would be perfect but it's just a pipe dream, don't have the draft capital or list spaces to accommodate him.

Very quiet to nil activity in the trade space this off season IMO.
I think we certainly have the draft capital and if a player of that quality wants to come to your team I think you find a way to make list spaces. Problem is he’d probably rather stay put or go back home, plus the alleged salary cap issue.

Second Ruckman (eg Briggs) to play from the bench and send Oscar up forward for a rest especially when Hipwood won’t be around for a large part of next season.
A gun midfielder …. One more !
Then hope Answerth plays next year.

I would seriously think about trading out a best 22 player like the swans did with Allir this year.
This could give us a chance to attack an area we need to be better at the midfield. Yes it would hurt seeing one of our better players running around for someone else but might give us better balance as a team. Any thoughts on this?

I’m not against it but depends on who it is.

Second Ruckman (eg Briggs) to play from the bench and send Oscar up forward for a rest especially when Hipwood won’t be around for a large part of next season.
A gun midfielder …. One more !
Then hope Answerth plays next year.
I like the Briggs move or Flynn but I think GWS will be keen to keep them as Mummy is probably cooked.
Don't think we have the cap room for another gun mid but hopefully Rayner back next year will be like a new recruit for us

Can’t see it, but apparently Neale wants back to WA.
If, IF that was true and we got say pick 6(ish) from Freo, would there be any top class mids at that pick briztoon Quigley cotter101 etc that would at least make you consider a trade? Our midfield did show it could step up without Lachie this year and whilst I obviously don’t want him to go we could turn a sh*t situation into a better balanced midfield.

Last edited:
If, IF that was true and we got say pick 6(ish) from Freo, would there be any top class mids at that pick briztoon Quigley cotter101 etc that would at least make you consider a trade? Our midfield did show it could step up without Lachie this year and whilst I obviously don’t want him to go we could turn a sh*t situation into a better balanced midfield.
Matho likes this 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Birchall? :D

The Neale rumours are so far from reality that it shouldn’t even be discussed on this thread and even remotely thought about with example trades.

edit: he has been making extensions in his home which is already pretty new. I know it’s a granny flat at the back, knocking down the old pool gazebo. Probably just trying to get more money when it comes to selling.

Last edited:
Trade needs for mine are a fwd and ruck/fwd. I'm delisting Ballenden and Fullerton, putting Hippy on the Long term injury list for the whole season, then letting the market know there's Hippy's spot open. Imagine if your a young fwd or ruck/fwd elsewhere finding it hard to break in, knowing this opportunity exists. Do you wanna play with Daniher, Mcstay, Charlie etc, play finals? Earn yaself a longer deal in a strong team. You're taking a dollar fifty and a violet crumble bar to get that opportunity aren't ya? It's a buyers market here for the lions, play a bit of moneyball, dangle the carot and a short and long term fix is done. If there's no takers, no deals we redraft Fullerton and Ballenden.

Didn't we basically do this with Witherden?
Alex was finding it hard to get into our best 22 and was probably told he was unlikely to be in the future, similar to Archie in that they were told they could look for opportunities elsewhere... panned out for Alex but we had to keep Archie as no one else wanted him.

Bit different to trading out someone who has been a lock in our best 22 when available IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back