Training 2021 Training Blog - Training Reports only - *NO DISCUSSION*

I thought I'd set this up for 2021. I am a big fan of isolating the important posts from the inane waffle and lame puns from posters like ferr..... *ahem*. Anyways....

This beauty from Kreuz Control is a great way to kick things off:

Good evening Baggers.

I had the chance to pop into training today as I had to head in for work purposes, so I was able to see the squad running around for around 20 mins.

I would have stayed longer but after about the 20 mins mentioned, I had a Blues employee come up and ask who I was and what it was I was doing there, all very politely delivered by the way.
I mentioned why I was there and he asked if I could please wait inside as it was a closed session, I obviously had a smile and asked why as I'm not a spy.

He said that a few days ago they had "a bit of an issue" with people they didn't know hanging around training, I said no problem at all and headed in, watching a little from inside but a lot further away.
So, enough of the boring stuff, here's what I saw from my limited time in attendance, starting with the team related parts first. (Please remember this is off 20 mins viewing, only commenting what I saw today)

1. I haven't seen that much focus and heat in the full game training sim like I saw today in a long time. They were treating it like a real game by tackling hard, cracking in, and spoiling with purpose, was great to see. Was a loud session as well with the talk, goal celebrations, and whole vibe.
  2. I was surprised how much more hardened we looked, boys growing into their bodies (even Samo looked bigger, even though he was just running laps) now maybe it was because I didn't see them last year but looked stronger for sure.
  3. They were playing with speed, lots of running, fast movement, and running in numbers. It felt like the whole ground was running in waves, not many slackers left on the other side of the ground when the ball was running down a wing.
  4. Play stopped and Teague or Bruce, not sure who as I was down near the other goals, went through them, could hear it reverberate around the whole ground. Was fired up (which matched the sim intensity) and gave someone a serve for losing their man.
Individual.

1. Weitering is the boss down back, Doc maybe Capitan, but Weiters is the boss. He's one very big man is the bot, and the sim had him and Cas going head to head, he looked a step faster did Weiters, but it was his voice, dictating to others what to do, where to go, and when to do it. Was kicking pin-point lasers over 40 off one step, spoiling and positioning first class. Will take scalps with ease.
  2. Plow, again fast and strong, looks in great shape and was streaming out of defense with ball in hand and had the confidence to hit the target by foot. Looked great.
  3. TDK is our first ruck, played against Pitto, who by no stretch was bad, it's just TDK can jump over people and then looks so light on his feet when it hits the ground, it's almost like he's semi bouncing when running around looking to get into the next play. Really nimble and has certainly put on size, very broad across the shoulders.
  4. Fish was the most impressive for me but only because I couldn't take my eyes off him. Looked so effing quick and agile, maybe with the long hair but he was flying across the ground like he was gliding. Stops on a dime and then the acceleration after the stepping or stopping was a beautiful thing to see, good luck catching him!
  5. Gov, looked really fit, big long leads to the wing and jumping early like Waite used to do. With his hand out in front, so hard to stop. The best thing was that it wasn't once or twice, he was covering the ground.
  6. Walsh, I only really noticed a few times, but it was because he was running down the middle through the square kicking hard and long into 50, great to see.

Other.

1. Cripps looked big.
  2. Marchbank is training. I didn't see him personally but was chatting with a staffer, the one who asked me to head inside and he told me he was.
  3. Samo running laps but again, look stronger.
  4. Harry on the sideline for the sim but out kicking goals between.
  5. Durdin wasn't training or dressed for the session as when I was leaving he came in wearing plain clothes, said good luck to him and seemed nice enough. Has stronger looking legs than I thought.
  6. Stocker looks trim.
  7. Dow cracked in hard, certainly doesn't hit the contest softly.
Apart from that, I can't really tell you too much more as I watched the ones that took my eyes instead of looking for certain numbers. Oh and somebody got stabbed at the Parkside Cafe.

Anyway, wish I could give more, but alas. Goodnight Baggers.

#TrackTalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
As in previous years and same principle as the Bluemour File :-

This thread is for TRAINING REPORTS ONLY

No discussion is to take place in this thread!

All discussion goes over here:
It's an easy reference point for training reports without having to sift through pages & pages of posts.

By all means copy and paste training reports from the thread below using #TrackTalk hashtag which can be referenced back for discussion in the
'Pre-Season 2021 - Training reports, pics etc' thread & vice versa:-

This will be a valuable reference tool for those of us that love reading training reports and can't make it to training sessions whether it be to due to work commitments, living interstate etc.

The time and effort some of our posters put in attending training sessions and keep us up to date on how our players/new recruits are tracking is invaluable and we all love reading their informative training reports.

Back