Training 2021 Training Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

“There have been one or two others including Sam Sturt, it’s a bit technical but he had a tightrope taken out of his ankle recently which will slow him up a little bit.”

Couldn't have everything I guess

“There have been one or two others including Sam Sturt, it’s a bit technical but he had a tightrope taken out of his ankle recently which will slow him up a little bit.”

Couldn't have everything I guess
What does tightrope translate as in this context? Is it a code the new S&C are using?

He may have grown faster than his ligaments could stretch. *shrugs*
I'm no medical professional.

EDIT: To Clarify, I actually have NFI. However I know that my kids grow too fast for their bodies to handle and end up with tight muscles, tendons etc. As well as stretch marks. McPharlin had a late growth spurt too, and IIRC part of his previous issues had been attributed to the fact that he hadn't stopped growing.
However, I am talking out of my proverbial here, so please ignore

What does tightrope translate as in this context? Is it a code the new S&C are using?

Who knows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a stabilization tool. Think of a pin that is drilled through the tib and fib to hold the ankle together so the syndesmosis tissue can heal.

He may have grown faster than his ligaments could stretch. *shrugs*
I'm no medical professional.

EDIT: To Clarify, I actually have NFI. However I know that my kids grow too fast for their bodies to handle and end up with tight muscles, tendons etc. As well as stretch marks. McPharlin had a late growth spurt too, and IIRC part of his previous issues had been attributed to the fact that he hadn't stopped growing.
However, I am talking out of my proverbial here, so please ignore
It is some kind of plastic rope holding peace together...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a stabilization tool. Think of a pin that is drilled through the tib and fib to hold the ankle together so the syndesmosis tissue can heal.
Great. Thanks. Much appreciated.

Now could you just translate that into English please.

Hard not to shake the suspicion that Sturt is a seriously injury prone player. Some guys are just like that. Has he ever even played 3 games in a row for the club once arriving at either WAFL or AFL without some kind of injury setback?
hopefully he will become a bit more robust this season as he gets into his third year. It just shows that a players like Ethan Hughes “bionic man” like ability to pretty much never get injured (certainly in recent years anyway) is an extremely underrated trait.

Hard not to shake the suspicion that Sturt is a seriously injury prone player. Some guys are just like that. Has he ever even played 3 games in a row for the club once arriving at either WAFL or AFL without some kind of injury setback?
hopefully he will become a bit more robust this season as he gets into his third year. It just shows that a players like Ethan Hughes “bionic man” like ability to pretty much never get injured (certainly in recent years anyway) is an extremely underrated trait.
Totally unrelated injuries. I'd say it's hard to shake the idea he has been unlucky is about as far as you could stretch it.

STOP THE PRESS
My was told by Patrick Cripps.....

I will judge Sam Sturt if he has an injury prone body by this time next season.

We had a crazy 2020 season where teams were playing games every 3-5 days.

Ethan Hughes was injured all 2018 basically.

It's lucky we rookie listed him tbh as it nearly cost us a good player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back