Training 2021 Training - pics, reports etc

May 1, 2002
AFL Club
Carlton
Stocker certainly looks a big strong player now, need to find a way to get him into the side. Good to see Philp out there, he's one I'm hoping will find a spot on a wing in the not so distant future. The midfield needs to go through a small rebuild to rectify the problem we have in this are with a lack of elite kicking skills. These two are a couple of players who have some quality who may help us achieve that.
I liked it but I need to also :clapping:👏 this post.

Stocker certainly looks a big strong player now, need to find a way to get him into the side. Good to see Philp out there, he's one I'm hoping will find a spot on a wing in the not so distant future. The midfield needs to go through a small rebuild to rectify the problem we have in this are with a lack of elite kicking skills. These two are a couple of players who have some quality who may help us achieve that.

Yep a bunch of mids in waiting are looking like they are carrying AFL bodies now - maybe the days of getting rag-dolled are over for Carlton...a fair bit of depth in midfield now- all unproven though - let the mongrel phase begin - that will be the decider on who makes it and who looks good in photos.

gbatman

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2008
Behind You...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Justice League
Not sure Philp has elite kicking skills. Some were saying he was one of the poorer kicks in the draft, even though he looked ok in last years practice matches. Certainly has the pace that will be valued in the current games style

I'm not sure either, I've heard comments he's a good kick and he has looked alright, need to see more of him. He's an exciting prospect, a strong body who competes hard and has pace. Seems like a wingman but could also end up on the ball if his skills are there. One of many that excite me about watching the reserves.

Yep a bunch of mids in waiting are looking like they are carrying AFL bodies now - maybe the days of getting rag-dolled are over for Carlton...a fair bit of depth in midfield now- all unproven though - let the mongrel phase begin - that will be the decider on who makes it and who looks good in photos.

Our midfield has gone from unable to run or compete physically to unable to compete physically to now being able to run and compete physically. The only think it can't do is kick and feed the forward line properly. That's ok, this is forward progress and improving this next problem is hopefully going to come.

Our young players have taken a while to develop and that's normal for this day and age. We've drafted some talent and they are now at a great age where they are there or just about there to make it as AFL players

I'm hoping we get stocker in there and Dow in there this season and that starts to really work out well for us. Hoping Dow's kicking has improved, it was fine in the preseason games, his pressure was good which was a very pleasant surprise. The other one is Carroll. He's got a bit that kid, he's raw but he has all the qualities our midfield is crying out for. Ramsay is another. Hardly anything spoken of him but you don't get that many possessions if you can't play and he was a magnet in the U18s. He's supposed to be a good kick so maybe he develops and finds his way as well. Has been played all over the place in reserves so not sure where he ends up. O'Brien is the other one, has such a nice kick on him, if he comes on then he's a far better option than Newnes who only bangs it long.
There's a lot there to like about our list and hopefully over the next season and a bit we see that transitional phase where our old warriors who have a crack but have rough skills are taken over by younger and more skilled players. We've got some talented athletic young players who mentally and physically aren't up to AFL footy but if we persist and develop them well with a hard competitive edge we'll build a strong team.

I'm excited about watching our reserves this season, there's going to be a lot of talent there and hopefully we are looking at some of the key components of our next premiership side.

Let the mongrel phase begin - that will be the decider on who makes it and who looks good in photos.

Screenshot_20210312-191246_Chrome.jpg

blueman2012

Debutant
Nov 6, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ManUtd, NthnBlues
I’ve been offline for a bit and just catching up. I didn’t see Honey named in injured list nor in the magoos team last week. His off season last year was impressive, listed as emerg a few times last season (I think) and rewarded with a game. Was Hoping for some development over this period. Can anybody provide some insight into how his off season has been?

Jan 20, 2008
Bullengarook
AFL Club
Carlton
Don't believe these photos have been posted here, but these are from yesterday.

Parks, Kennedy and Levi all look HUGE :hearteyes:

View attachment 1076626
Both Kennedy (my sponsored player) & Levi were on my table for the guernsey nite. Matt said he’s dropped several kgs over preseason to aid his running & endurance but he’s always had a set of thighs that‘d crush bowling balls. Levi though is one big fella!

Little Fish with BO problem.

More inside...

:p
That's only for rotten fish - this one has the good (fish) oil :p

I just love his evasiveness!

If McKay can get fit then I have been thinking this is his year.
Dow is also another one who I have been thinking with BO

love nothing more than Dow to smash the game out of the park.

Back