Training 2021 Training - pics, reports etc

Red Bull

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 29, 2010
mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
Not sure why, it's a footy club, not a zoo. Entirely reasonable for the club to have closed sessions and exclusive sessions as they see fit.

As a footy club, surely supporters are considered a valuable part of the fabric.
It’s entirely reasonable for supporters to enjoy attending training sessions as they have done for over 100 years i would have thought.
You can learn a lot about your players, coaches and team when attending training, certainly more than from the endless amount of mostly useless fluff the clubs media department serve up on a regular basis.
Pay up to attend on match days by all means, training sessions ... nah, as you were.
Anyway, I digress ... of course, the club can do no wrong.
Not interested in ping pong, I’ll leave the final call here to you now, as is your want ...

Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
As a footy club, surely supporters are considered a valuable part of the fabric.
It’s entirely reasonable for supporters to enjoy attending training sessions as they have done for over 100 years i would have thought.
You can learn a lot about your players, coaches and team when attending training, certainly more than from the endless amount of mostly useless fluff the clubs media department serve up on a regular basis.
Pay up to attend on match days by all means, training sessions ... nah, as you were.
Anyway, I digress ... of course, the club can do no wrong.
Not interested in ping pong, I’ll leave the final call here to you now, as is your want ...

"Yada yada yada - and by the way, if you reply it just means you want to have the last word."

Checkmate, I guess.

I'd rather discuss it, wouldn't you?

I don't expect access to training or players.

I would, however, appreciate if the club hosted events throughout the year that weren't black tie, $250 a ticket events.

Family day aside, it feels like there is no effort to create a community feel or engagement for fans outside of game day.

My $0.02.

I would, however, appreciate if the club hosted events throughout the year that weren't black tie, $250 a ticket events.

Family day aside, it feels like there is no effort to create a community feel or engagement for fans outside of game day.

My $0.02.

Club functions across the board are probably out of reach of most families these days.

Jan 20, 2008
Bullengarook
AFL Club
Carlton

My $0.02.
But then there’d be 50 thousand or more people all wanting a share of 40 players. Then nearly everyone who cant get anywhere near their favorite player will go coco banana’s online & ringing the club about how they were let down by it.. its a no win situation unfortunately

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos

My $0.02.
I doubt the club would make any money if they only charged 2 cents a function tbf.

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
Club functions across the board are probably out of reach of most families these days.
Club functions aren't exactly designed for families.

What they could do more is some family clinics and things like that, where kids have a kick with players and that sort of stuff.

I know the Suns visit local clubs most weeks to visit junior teams and things like that. Normally 2 or 3 players will attend have a chat with the kids and go through a few drills, give out a few basic freebies etc. I would've assumed the Melbourne clubs did the same?
Heck in my junior days I had 2 or 3 visits from a few of the Lions players, obviously well before the Suns joined up.

The best event I’ve been to was the “Meet The Rookies” pie night. Had a great chat with David Ellard, and it was all relaxed and informal. Gave fringe players something too I reckon.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Club functions aren't exactly designed for families.

What they could do more is some family clinics and things like that, where kids have a kick with players and that sort of stuff.

I know the Suns visit local clubs most weeks to visit junior teams and things like that. Normally 2 or 3 players will attend have a chat with the kids and go through a few drills, give out a few basic freebies etc. I would've assumed the Melbourne clubs did the same?
Heck in my junior days I had 2 or 3 visits from a few of the Lions players, obviously well before the Suns joined up.

Carlton has been out to my kids school each of the last 3 years i think (prior to covid)- usually 3 players (not many big names, think it was JSOS, J Garlett and A Silvagni a couple of years back)

skadoosh

Premiership Player
May 26, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Can fans attend training these days?
How good is your camouflage game?

DSC_0030_grande.jpg

Back