Training 2021 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuine question... I live in Qld and have really appreciated pre-season training reports. With lockdown restrictions easing in Vic, are some open training sessions a possibility? I have really appreciated when people have been able to report on these. Thanks to any who are able to post...

Also, I wonder if CFC media might do some sort of doco of Voss and team and players etc. Again, as a Qld CFC supporter, I'd love something like these.

I am envious of those who can even walk by Princes Park. Loved getting down to Vic this year to see a couple of VFL and AFL games.

Genuine question... I live in Qld and have really appreciated pre-season training reports. With lockdown restrictions easing in Vic, are some open training sessions a possibility? I have really appreciated when people have been able to report on these. Thanks to any who are able to post...

Also, I wonder if CFC media might do some sort of doco of Voss and team and players etc. Again, as a Qld CFC supporter, I'd love something like these.

I am envious of those who can even walk by Princes Park. Loved getting down to Vic this year to see a couple of VFL and AFL games.
reckon there will be an absolute flood of these between now and bounce down round 1.............

As much as I would love for these to come back, I highly doubt we'll see them return any time soon. Will have to be monitored very closely if so.

As much as I would love for these to come back, I highly doubt we'll see them return any time soon. Will have to be monitored very closely if so.
Genuine thanks for this observation. It is my fear as well, although I am hoping that by the beginning of 2022 we will be used to a post-pandemic world, and there should be greater access. Gee, I love it even when someone posts (in a non-stalker sort of way) any observation about any player in terms of fitness, seen running, doing anything related to playing...

Genuine thanks for this observation. It is my fear as well, although I am hoping that by the beginning of 2022 we will be used to a post-pandemic world, and there should be greater access. Gee, I love it even when someone posts (in a non-stalker sort of way) any observation about any player in terms of fitness, seen running, doing anything related to playing...
Hopefully they let us in this off season, but I doubt it. I don't think COVID retstrictions will be an issue, but large sections are blocked off at the moment due to the building works.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but don't like your chances.

Club hasn't been keen on spies (friendly or otherwise) for years.

Then add in building works.

Then add in COVID.

Gonna have to do with fake training reports, I fear.... ;)

What was the stat that Andrew Russell spoke about in regards to completing preseason sessions and leading to finals? When 85% of the group complete 85% of the sessions, they made finals every year? I'd just love to see that metric published and updated.

Obviously Cuningham and Marchbank wouldn't be completing any match sim sessions but they should be able to complete most fitness sessions. I don't think we had many players having post-season surgery, with Harry having already 100% recovered from his shoulder op. Could this be the year we actually have a decent preseason because in the past few it's felt like we've limped to the starting line.

What was the stat that Andrew Russell spoke about in regards to completing preseason sessions and leading to finals? When 85% of the group complete 85% of the sessions, they made finals every year? I'd just love to see that metric published and updated.

Obviously Cuningham and Marchbank wouldn't be completing any match sim sessions but they should be able to complete most fitness sessions. I don't think we had many players having post-season surgery, with Harry having already 100% recovered from his shoulder op. Could this be the year we actually have a decent preseason because in the past few it's felt like we've limped to the starting line.

SHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The injury god will hear you!!!!

Yes, I hope we head into the season with a fit list for once...

Has the board ever discussed splitting the training thread like we split the rumours thread?

One for pics/reports/insta/fb only, another for the discussion.

It was a stroke of genius for the rumours, why couldn't it work for this??

But that's the thing, we here are all guessing how fit a player was at any point in time. Unless someone here is a club doctor, we are guessing. Even then, no medical professional could have a blanket view as each individual handles similar injuries different

All clubs play better/underdone players over players that are still developing, many of which are still building their fitness level to get to AFL standard

Blaming Teague, for something that happens league wide and the lower levels is just ridiculous

Well yeah, the premise is that we can claim knowledge as to player fitness. If that's not the case, happy to resume the discussion after a year with the new regime.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has the board ever discussed splitting the training thread like we split the rumours thread?

One for pics/reports/insta/fb only, another for the discussion.

It was a stroke of genius for the rumours, why couldn't it work for this??
Think we do already - there's just no 'no discussion' worthy content yet

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but don't like your chances.

Club hasn't been keen on spies (friendly or otherwise) for years.

Then add in building works.

Then add in COVID.

Gonna have to do with fake training reports, I fear.... ;)
Perhaps the club could allow WINDOWS to report on training for us again. He'd probably have to be living in permanent Covid isolation, but that would be a small price to pay.

Perhaps the club could allow WINDOWS to report on training for us again. He'd probably have to be living in permanent Covid isolation, but that would be a small price to pay.

I'd be willing for him to make that sacrifice...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back