2021 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

I do think Fagan likes three talls though and they could play around with the structure. I could easily see both Hipwood and Daniher getting up the ground more and Fullerton more of the stay at home option.

If we wanted a more physical mobile medium tall utility I think Lester would be the better option than Adams. That would sort the option of dropping a player that in no way deserves to be dropped. It is a shame McFayden is injured as he is one who might be the best like for like option in the role that McStay has been given. He could also provide a bit more midfield skills to the role.
Could Ballenden stay at home and Daniher and Hipwood push up and either mark or bring to ground too, haven't seen much of Ballenden

McStay being unavailable sucks, but on the plus side this will give Fullarton more senior exposure which is good as I think he may already be the backup ruckman. Though I'm not sure if theyd go with him if Big O got injured as it might be too much to ask.

Regardless, getting some games into players like Fullarton has some value.

I have no clue who plays wing round 1. I'm guessing from the squad that Kiddy is going to play round 1 and Rayner/Bailey play even more on-ball time than expected, with Robbo starting on the wing, but who knows.

McStay being unavailable sucks, but on the plus side this will give Fullarton more senior exposure which is good as I think he may already be the backup ruckman. Though I'm not sure if theyd go with him if Big O got injured as it might be too much to ask.

Regardless, getting some games into players like Fullarton has some value.

I have no clue who plays wing round 1. I'm guessing from the squad that Kiddy is going to play round 1 and Rayner/Bailey play even more on-ball time than expected, with Robbo starting on the wing, but who knows.
I know Bailey is needed as a mid, but I thought he kicked some ripping goals as a crumbing forward last year. The one against Richmond in the first final springs to mind.

dlanod - is there going to be a matchday thread for tonight's game?

Good call. I'm not going to point fingers at the usual mod who covers that, so it's good to see jason stepping in. :D

Is that you 3KZ with a new name? Guess I will never know :)

No its not 3KZ as he (and others) would say look at the second quarter of the two finals and no one would say that McStay brings the ball down.

Fullarton merely needs to get involved and go for the ball.

I reckon Adams should have a spell up forward. Payne as well. Practice matches, Throw them around. McInerney off at half time. He is the one injury that would worry me.

Stef Martin playing well for the Doggies at the moment.

Good call. I'm not going to point fingers at the usual mod who covers that, so it's good to see jason stepping in. :D
Preseason break!

I think with mcstays injury we will see fullarton come in and play a similar role to the big O when stef was no1 ruck. Maybe share the second ruck a bit with daniher. I think it could work out pretty well. Fullarton is quite mobile for a big man and he can kick a goal or two. Hippy, daniher, fullarton and big O makes us a very tall team up fwd, not that all 4 would be there at the one time. I hate that rayner has done his knee, feel real sorry for the lad. He was primed for more responsibility this year and it looked like it sat well on his shoulders. Could be two years before we see the best of him again. One year recovery and another to get full confidence in the knee. I can see ah chee slotting into his fwd role, kiddy or even tom berry could push their way in (i really did like Tom's hunt and chase in the games he did play). Injury creates opportunity, I have no doubt we have depth that can stand up.

We really need answerth and cockatoo fit, the stand the mark rule is made for them coming out of defense. Answerth may have his disposal issues but his run and defense on the smaller fwds is good. I think our best back 7 will be andrews, gardiner, payne, rich, starc, cockatoo and answerth. Obviously one on the bench.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We really need answerth and cockatoo fit, the stand the mark rule is made for them coming out of defense. Answerth may have his disposal issues but his run and defense on the smaller fwds is good. I think our best back 7 will be andrews, gardiner, payne, rich, starc, cockatoo and answerth. Obviously one on the bench.
Ah Chee...?

Damn I love Cam. Such an infectious smile and personality. Reckon he'd be a top bloke to get along with. Just a truly amazing young human. Yeh im fan boying him hard right now. But it's hard not to.

I do remember his Mum being keen for him to come to Brisbane because she wanted him to get away from some of the influences that he had around him. I imagine she is very happy with the way things have gone and I do think he has been an important element in the happy and friendly culture that seems to exist amongst the younger group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back