2021 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Neale and/or Berry injured or something? Dont think either of them have been in any of the match simulations and it is getting close to the start of the season
Berry did laps only. Like Archie. He looked fine. Zorks and Mitch and Lachie only did some stretching and had a few kicks. I would say all being managed but Zorks is looking a bit heavy.

On CPH1920 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thanks to all those posting training reports.

A lot to look forward to this year. Hoping zorko can overcome his injury and we see him running free. I like the potential of linc playing more mid minutes. Looking fwd to seeing hippy n joe working together. Lots of midfield/wing competition for spots, strong competition all over the ground i guess. That really is exciting i reckon. Any number of players could have breakout seasons. Some x factor with cockatoo and ah chee up n down the ground. Can lester, birchall and CEY keep their roles in the team or will someone overtake them? Payne or Adams, mcstay or fullerton, blake coleman and charlie fwd together.

The new second tier competition is going to be great for our younger players development. Expecting more than a few to really thrive in a stronger, longer comp. Ely, dev, t berry, joyce, kiddy, fullerton especially. Wouldnt surprise me if Archie's game improves with regular tough opponents.

Cant find anything from the club regarding our injury list at the moment, can anything be patched together by those going to training. Would be really grateful.
As far as I’m aware, Connor McFadyen is the only player with a long term injury, having done an acl last June.

Berry I’m not sure what’s going on there.

He was participating in some sort of match practice/training on the latest training video the club put out at the 0:22 - 0:25 mark although one kick from that doesn't mean he is at the stage of 100% training capacity.

Maybe he has a re-occurrence of Glandular Fever again similar to I think what Payne was suffering from a couple of weeks and is on a light workload for that exact reason or I'm looking way too far into it and the club is simply managing their Best 22 midfielders (Zorko, Neale, Robinson, J.Berry) till the start of the season.

Although, I would get worried if in 2-3 weeks time, those players are still being managed in training given the GWS pre-season game is in a month's time from today.

He was participating in some sort of match practice/training on the latest training video the club put out at the 0:22 - 0:25 mark although one kick from that doesn't mean he is at the stage of 100% training capacity.

Maybe he has a re-occurrence of Glandular Fever again similar to I think what Payne was suffering from a couple of weeks and is on a light workload for that exact reason or I'm looking way too far into it and the club is simply managing their Best 22 midfielders (Zorko, Neale, Robinson, J.Berry) till the start of the season.

Although, I would get worried if in 2-3 weeks time, those players are still being managed in training given the GWS pre-season game is in a month's time from today.

Jarrod Berry is doing everything but the full contact stuff due to his shoulder.
He come up a bit proppy after contact in a training drill about 3 weeks ago.
Was speaking to the the Physio for about 5 mins after the incident and was rolling the shoulder around and looked in some discomfort.
He went back with the group and continued with the skills stuff straight after. But I haven’t seen or heard of him doing anything involving contact since then.

Jarrod Berry is doing everything but the full contact stuff due to his shoulder.
He come up a bit proppy after contact in a training drill about 3 weeks ago.
Was speaking to the the Physio for about 5 mins after the incident and was rolling the shoulder around and looked in some discomfort.
He went back with the group and continued with the skills stuff straight after. But I haven’t seen or heard of him doing anything involving contact since then.

Yeah true, I did forget about that incident a couple of weeks ago so maybe he might have done something to that shoulder again cause quote me if I'm wrong but he was the one that injured his shoulder late last year during the regular season against Collingwood?

Maybe the High Performance/Coaching team are just resting him from the contact stuff so he doesn't injure his shoulder even more cause last thing you want is him to have a dislocated shoulder and be ruled out for 3 months.

BTW, I wished the club would tell us more about players who ain't training and the reasons behind that (Injury or Managed)

Although I think Hawthorn kept their injury lists pretty secretive during their glory days so maybe the club is using that method which Fages has used in his time over there.

Last edited:
Yeah true, I did forget about that incident a couple of weeks ago so maybe he might have done something to that shoulder again cause quote me if I'm wrong but he was the one that injured his shoulder late last year during the regular season against Collingwood?
Correct! 👌🏻

Def yeronga, by the sounds of the new covid officer it's gonna just be yeronga

Who is the new COVID officer at the club now?

I don't think I have heard anything from the club regarding who hold's the position besides Fages quoting it a couple of days ago.

Is it someone at the footy club?

I don't think I have heard anything from the club regarding who hold's the position besides Fages quoting it a couple of days ago.

Mitch Hahn had a similar role last year when the NEAFL was cancelled.
Not sure what he is doing this year though.
Maybe he will be the new VFL Coach?

This was from an AFL article last year.

Brisbane Lions

“The Lions' senior coaching group has remained intact through this period, and the club has redeployed Mitch Hahn, who is the club's NEAFL coach, to be a compliance officer to ensure the Lions meet the COVID-19 protocols. The club's Academy program has been paused in light of the game's shutdown.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know, it was mentioned a page or so ago that they had employed one and they were tightening things and concerned about kids asking for autographs so I'm just postulating, I really have no idea.

Good to see Answerth looking happy........I worry about his ommisions whether dropped or groin..........to me he is a 120% goer who we need in the 22.

Hi guys,

Any news on Cockatoo? Even in the news up there? We hear nothing down here.

Awesome potential and was very sad to see him go.

The weather will agree with him (saw how good Daniber looked).

Hi guys,

Fit and looking good!

Hi guys,

When interviewed on SEN last week Fagan said that he hasn't missed a training session yet, although he is on a slightly modified program due to the footy that he has missed in 2020.

Thank you. Very happy to hear. Hopefully he is an absolute weapon.
Think I read a mention somewhere where he completed the 3km time trial and immediately looped around to help one of the new kids (Blake Coleman I think) finish. So, looking good from a fitness and a straight-up leadership point of view.

Think I read a mention somewhere where he completed the 3km time trial and immediately looped around to help one of the new kids (Blake Coleman I think) finish. So, looking good from a fitness and a straight-up leadership point of view.

The fitness part is good to hear. The caring part is a given. He is such a genuine human. I remember in his first year, we had a game against North at GMHBA stadium. I saw him tackle Scott Thompson. A moment later, the sound carried to over to me. He absolutely smashed him. Thompson took a long moment to collect himself up off the ground.

Cannot wait to see Cocky tackle Dusty. I've been waiting for many years to see it happen in Geelong colours, now I get to see it in BL colours :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back