2021 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Only practice matches altogether I know but pretty easy wins by both the Lion's AFL/VFL teams today :)

Now 3/3 with the AFLW! We are Lion (am I doing it right?).

154813048_10164847568905173_6964835734001431777_o.jpg

How good is that kit

We all said this last year.

No we didn't. He has had a noticeable higher calibre preseason and increased fitness base. He still wasn't playing midfield last preseason unlike this year as well. This preseason, his form and potential increase in output is very new.

Just had a look around. Nothing from the club still. No match report, no highlights, no interviews. All we've got are Mike Whitings comments plus some channel 9 highlights.

I really don't feel like we're asking a lot - especially given it was the club who chose to play at a time they knew wouldn't be broadcast.

The staff member who's uploading the stream could work tomorrow to upload and take Monday off in lieu or something? It really isn't a complicated task.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had a look around. Nothing from the club still. No match report, no highlights, no interviews. All we've got are Mike Whitings comments plus some channel 9 highlights.

I really don't feel like we're asking a lot - especially given it was the club who chose to play at a time they knew wouldn't be broadcast.

The staff member who's uploading the stream could work tomorrow to upload and take Monday off in lieu or something? It really isn't a complicated task.

Match report is on AFL.com.au

Have you considered the staff member in question might be travelling with the women's team currently?

You had one post last year and it was about supercoach
Didn’t know you needed to post every few days to have an opinion. Rayner would have been one of the most talked about players last pre season, he came back from disappointing 2019 a lot leaner and a lot stronger, yet didn’t finish in the top 15 BnF. I’m a Rayner fan, I think supporters need to dull down expectations on the the guy.
No we didn't. He has had a noticeable higher calibre preseason and increased fitness base. He still wasn't playing midfield last preseason unlike this year as well. This preseason, his form and potential increase in output is very new.
I agree with this, he looks fitter, bigger, sharper then last year with a clear goal to play more midfield minutes. However you have a very short memory if you weren’t saying the same thing when he rocked up last preseason looking super lean and super strong compared to the year before. I hope he can break though for his first top 15 BnF, just think supporters need to dull down expectations on him.

Rayner interview up. Well spoken as always & looking very fit.

My lid is off & I predict Rayner to have a Petracca type breakout year (I actually don't believe that, but stuff it, it's still fun saying it).

Didn’t know you needed to post every few days to have an opinion. Rayner would have been one of the most talked about players last pre season, he came back from disappointing 2019 a lot leaner and a lot stronger, yet didn’t finish in the top 15 BnF. I’m a Rayner fan, I think supporters need to dull down expectations on the the guy.

Well you did say "we all said that" when no one said it, and you didn't either

Doesn't seem like a big deal, but depending on who's job it is, and the conditions of that employment, it isn't that simple. At this point, the club is putting the entire match up on Monday, as they stated before the game. I doubt much more will be done about it. Probably why people like Fish were allowed to go, so they can do those match reports and articles for them.

I agree with this, he looks fitter, bigger, sharper then last year with a clear goal to play more midfield minutes. However you have a very short memory if you weren’t saying the same thing when he rocked up last preseason looking super lean and super strong compared to the year before. I hope he can break though for his first top 15 BnF, just think supporters need to dull down expectations on him.

Many many people didn't have that opinion. He came back in better shape last year, but he was coming from the back of the pack. He wasn't playing midfield over preseason, nor was there any talk about him playing midfield during last season.

I actually haven't seen a lot of pictures of him to know if he looks leaner or anything. I'm going completely off the fact that he was training with the likes of Berry and Hugh and completing the running with those guys, which he wasn't able to do in previous years. The fact that he has been reported as coming back much fitter, training in the midfield (which is a significant change for him) and having this continue right into practices games. Does this mean he is 100% going to smash it this year, no. However we have been waiting for him to be able to play some significant midfield minutes, and it very very much looks like he finally has the fitness behind him to do that. This is why there has been some hype about him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back