Review 2021 U19 Challenge - Vic Metro v Vic Country (Friday July 9, 12pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

With the Champs delayed, the Victorian teams get a challenge match because why not.

Live stream on the AFL website. Friday July 9 at 12pm.

Thanks mate appreciated, horne is still head and shoulders above everyone. How do you view goater? He seems the one with that desirable x factor as a inside /outside mid, Loved his work moving through traffic. Does he move into the top 10 based on his last month and how do you view him vs Callaghan.

I think Goater is well and truly in the top 10 mix...even if I do prefer Ward. He's doing what everyone thinks Callaghan can do.

I'll be the happy middle ground for Daicos, he didn't hit everything perfectly but more often than not it was more about where he was and a lack of creation from Metro forward of the ball, a bit like some of Goater's handballs where no Metro boys followed him and Country defenders closed in to stop a kick, but he did certainly spray some straight forward ones earlier on trying to do too much

Haha, you can set your watch to a group of supporters coming in and getting offended at any possible slight against Daicos

Offended? This is hilarious to me.

So far I’ve learned that 1) kicking two goals as a midfielder isn’t “damaging” enough. 2) Burrowing your head into a pack is the true sign of footballing genius (Selwood robbed of 10 Brownlow s) and 3) Calling for the football makes you an ineffectual hog.

Honestly I get Daicos is hyped to all hell and back, but don’t be jealous we have the MESSIAH 🙏

So far I’ve learned that 1) kicking two goals as a midfielder isn’t “damaging” enough. 2) Burrowing your head into a pack is the true sign of footballing genius (Selwood robbed of 10 Brownlow s) and 3) Calling for the football makes you an ineffectual hog.

Honestly I get Daicos is hyped to all hell and back, but don’t be jealous we have the MESSIAH 🙏
Yes, everyone is jealous and has colluded to talk down Daicos so that Collingwood can suffer and have him for cheaper...

wait what...

Calm down peter

His midfield possession’s are a lot like Tom Mitchell, he never gets burnt and always gets it when he wants it. The difference for Daicos, is he is also an elite presence inside 50, where Mitchell is not and a great finisher.

IMO Mitchell crabs sideways and backwards , whereas Daicos moves the football forward or tries to link up in a running chain.

People knock him for getting cheap possessions, but ultimately it’s his work rate and elite positioning that allow him to be in the spots to receive the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goater absolutely confirming he is top 10 material, the upside is pretty tantalising with him.

And agree, Ward was BOG, Daicos was very good and no doubt generally a class above most others on the ground with his balance and poise however he did have a lot of nothing possessions.

I'll be the happy middle ground for Daicos, he didn't hit everything perfectly but more often than not it was more about where he was and a lack of creation from Metro forward of the ball, a bit like some of Goater's handballs where no Metro boys followed him and Country defenders closed in to stop a kick, but he did certainly spray some straight forward ones earlier on trying to do too much

I agree.

Not sure he’s going to find that creation at the Pies for quite a while unfortunately.

In a link up team like the Dogs though 🤤

Last edited:

Might not hit every Target but excpet for Once he did not Turn the Ball over with those Kicks

I think Goater is well and truly in the top 10 mix...even if I do prefer Ward. He's doing what everyone thinks Callaghan can do.
Goater’s kicking a concern if you want to flip a top 10 pick on him. In a Will Brodie sense - can find it and has nice size but - but needs some more hurt in his disposal

Goater’s kicking a concern if you want to flip a top 10 pick on him. In a Will Brodie sense - can find it and has nice size but - but needs some more hurt in his disposal
Didn't see any will Brodie. Just alot of Clayton Oliver. He was also a bit of a butcher

Remove this Banner Ad

Back