Review 2021 U19 Challenge - Vic Metro v Vic Country (Friday July 9, 12pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

With the Champs delayed, the Victorian teams get a challenge match because why not.

Live stream on the AFL website. Friday July 9 at 12pm.

For as critical as I've been of Daicos' performance today, I'm not saying he didn't play well. Was top 3 for Metro pretty easily. I just wanted a more positive impact. Let him attack the forward 50 more often.

There's also some bias, because I just don't overly enjoy watching the players who always have their arms out calling for it. I always thought Brent Harvey was overrated. Maybe that's something I have to work on...
In what way was he overrated.

I think North will take Horne at 1, although Scotty Clayton has always liked the skilful outside types more than the inside hard nuts
If Hawks finish 17th they will probably bid on Daicos at 2
And possibly Darcy at 3
If I were them I would take Ward at 4 but I know that is well above where most would take him. More complete midfielder than some of the others around that mark. Luke Power like

I think North will take Horne at 1, although Scotty Clayton has always liked the skilful outside types more than the inside hard nuts
And possibly Darcy at 3
If I were them I would take Ward at 4 but I know that is well above where most would take him. More complete midfielder than some of the others around that mark. Luke Power like
Keep hearing Callaghan is the type we'll go for.

Don't really know a lot about Ward but after watching him today I'm intrigued.

Looks like the exact type the Saints should be looking at.

He and Daicos were quite easily the two best.
Ward is in great form atm, was good but not great earlier in the year, putting his hand up for a first round pick as some others are dropping off.

And possibly Darcy at 3
Never seen Horne but he said he models his game on Fyfe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And possibly Darcy at 3
Lucky, Noble will be very hands on in looking at the draft prospects once the season is done.

I think Pies fans just have to accept that Daicos isn't always going to be BOG. He can still be second, third best or is probably even entitled to a stinker. Doesn't mean that he's not in discussion for the best player in the draft.

Just like if North don't bid on him with #1 it doesn't necessarily mean he's not the best player in it.

I think Pies fans just have to accept that Daicos isn't always going to be BOG. He can still be second, third best or is probably even entitled to a stinker. Doesn't mean that he's not in discussion for the best player in the draft.

Just like if North don't bid on him with #1 it doesn't necessarily mean he's not the best player in it.

if he was 2nd best, theres no shame in that.

Are Daicos 41 possies, Tom Mitchell type stats or do they hurt the opposition?
They are way wor
Merrett is a jet, would take him over Mitchell every day of the week.
Nah no chance when Mitchell is playing well he’s way better his inside work is great. Look at his 2018 season it shits on anything Merrett has been able to do.

IMO Mitchell crabs sideways and backwards , whereas Daicos moves the football forward or tries to link up in a running chain.

People knock him for getting cheap possessions, but ultimately it’s his work rate and elite positioning that allow him to be in the spots to receive the ball.
No one is knocking how he gets it, it’s just the way it is. Will the way he plays translate straight into afl, probably not for a couple of years. Yes Daicos has extremely high workrate and would be one of the fittest 18yos for some time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back