2021 US Open (Torrey Pines South Course)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully we get a stacked leaderboard with some drama over the weekend because the course is kinda underwhelming from a tv spectator POV.

Underwhelming? What do you want, dancing girls and fire crackers? It is a phenomenal golf course.

The firm and fast greens are good but the only really other defense this course has is the long rough. Kinda boring seeing guys hit the same shots either from the fairway or from 4” rough for four days straight.

Disagree. There types of tournaments with these conditions take it away from bomb and target golf where 25 under wins. You get to see who can improvise and who can tough it out. Really separates the men from the boys.

Disagree. There types of tournaments with these conditions take it away from bomb and target golf where 25 under wins. You get to see who can improvise and who can tough it out. Really separates the men from the boys.
I tend to disagree with that. The thick rough is only going to favor guys that bomb it. A lot easier hitting a short iron from the rough than a mid-long iron. Clearly you don’t want to be playing too many shots from the rough as you’re reducing your chances to score but the bombers have a big advantage IMO.

I tend to disagree with that. The thick rough is only going to favor guys that bomb it. A lot easier hitting a short iron from the rough than a mid-long iron. Clearly you don’t want to be playing too many shots from the rough as you’re reducing your chances to score but the bombers have a big advantage IMO.

Newsflash, they all bomb it.

Overhyped and underdelivered the last few majors. He'll monster this course, he'll monster that course. Struggled in all of em.

I'll take Justin Rose please.

Thoughts Tony Lynn 15?

Rose has started well mate. 3 over after 6.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back