Preview 2021 v The Bye Round - Mid year review

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess we're basing this on North? (except the last 2, presumably)

MIP- Has to be Hall. The most significant improvement for us in the next decade has come from Thomas though.
Treading water- Simpkin. Was expecting another bounce, has been average at best. Would have said Larkey, but he's been smashed by delivery.
Highlight of 2021- The realisation that sweet, pure death will arrive in about 3 months.
Thoughts on coach- Doing ok with the list. Ground floor of a skyscraper though.
Syd Barker- Cunners, McKay. Atley will probably get some votes. I actually think he's been ok. Im really interested to see how they see Jack's season.
Brownlow tip- Mcrae or Bont if they don't cannibalise each other.
Premier- Richmondd until proven otherwise.

Most improved player- McKay / Tarryn
Treading water player- Turner
Highlight of 2021- A win
Thoughts on Coach- Who can play, who can't play.
Syd Barker- Hall
Brownlow tip- Bont
Premier- Cats ☹

Last edited:
Most improved player-Hall
Treading water player-Curtis Taylor (Tyson has obviously already been shelved)
Highlight of 2021-Aaron Hall's return, McKay's continued journey, re-invention of JZ.
Thoughts on Coach-Delusional
Syd Barker-Ziebell, Cunnington, McKay, Hall, Simpkin
Brownlow tip-The media hype would suggest it's Bont
Premier- Melbourne

Most improved player- Bonar/TT

Treading water player- LDU (I know he has had a really tough time at home, I think it’s taking a toll on him)

Highlight of 2021- The win

Thoughts on Coach- he is doing the best he can with this list, I’m sticking by him, cannot wait for the trade period to see who we bring in and the list he wants.

Syd Barker- BMac, hall/TT second

Brownlow tip- the Bont

Premier- the retirement home

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Most improved player- McKay/Hall
Treading water player- Anyone over 25 who's underperforming
Highlight of 2021- first win on the coaches birthday
Thoughts on Coach- Got a good head on his shoulders but long way to go
Syd Barker- zeibel or hall
Brownlow tip- Oliver
Premier- Melbourne

Most improved player: McKay. Thrown to the wolves this year a bit and has held his own.
Treading water player: Atley. Needs to go join his mate JMac in admin.
Highlight of 2021: Hawks win,
Thoughts on Coach: Oppo fans sure give me less s**t about him than Brad Scott
Syd Barker: Ziebell
Brownlow tip: No idea
Premier: the mighty Kangas, have faith in the plan boys

Most improved player- Aaron Hall
Treading water player- Shaun Atley
Highlight of 2021- Tom Powell
Thoughts on Coach- Will get us back to finals, not yet convinced if he can achieve the ultimate success
Syd Barker- Ben Cunnington
Brownlow tip- Christian Petracca
Premier- Brisbane Lions

Mckay Hall and Thomas have improved
Powell best 1st year player.
Could be on the trade agenda if form doesn’t improve
LDU
Free Agency or trade
Dumont Atley Hayden.
Retirements. Campbell
Delistings.
Tyson Walker So far .
Ins Horne Edwards so far
New Marketing Media and Membership people.
New Fitness people as Segel needs to go been there to long .
As we mentally week in mind lack skill lack fitness and injuries are killing us.
This needs to stop.

BuT keep surviving
Most improved player- BMac A Hall
Treading water player- Deer in the headlights Atley
Highlight of 2021- Tom Powell (what a player he’s going to be )
Thoughts on Coach- very early days . Doing a good job considering what he’s inherited, injuries & young crop of kids
Syd Barker- Ben10
Brownlow tip- The Bont
Premier- Bulldogs if they have a full list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nmfc
Most improved player - Aaron Hall
Treading water player - Curtis Taylor
Highlight of 2021 - Azza Hall.
Thoughts on Coach - great temperament, shows flexibility, some concerns about selection and structure

Syd Barker - Aaron Hall

The rest
Brownlow tip - Darcy Parish
Premier - Dees

Nmfc
Most improved player:
Aaron Hall & Tarryn Thomas
Treading water player:
Shaun Atley
Highlight of 2021:
The Win against Hawthorn. The Quarters within games where the game plan clicks.
Thoughts on Coach:
The right man to guide us through some tough years of rebuilding. Special mention to his ability to add strings to players bows and try different things. A lot has been said about the game plan & when it pays off, we look extremely dangerous, I don’t expect the game plan to be near complete at this point. I see a lot of Nicks’ coaching in Noble, not catering his approach and plan to individual weaknesses.
Syd Barker:
Ben Cunnington

Most improved player- Mackay
Treading water player- LDU very disappointing still hope he can be a great player.
Highlight of 2021- Tom Powell
Thoughts on Coach- he has came in after we had a 12 player clear out, I have faith in him at this time, he should be judged after 2-3 years not 6 months in.
Syd Barker- Hall.
Brownlow tip- Christian Petracca
Premier- Brisbane Lions

Nmfc
Most improved player- Hall
Treading water player- Taylor
Highlight of 2021- Powell
Thoughts on Coach- Obviously struggling, needs to learn more about the group before he makes his adjustments. (Awaiting the return of senior players before going at him)
Syd Barker- Cunners

The rest
Brownlow tip- Bont
Premier- Demons

Hard to watch this year so far, I hope it turns and we see some excitement.

Nmfc
Most improved player- Thomas and Hall, hard to split either
Treading water player- Simpkin, looks to be the ultimate 'ok' midfielder and Taylor, thought he was gonna be huge for us in the rebuild and thought he had a really high ceiling but has been disappointing
Highlight of 2021- Powell and Thomas have been shining young lights to guide our future but nothing beats a win.
Thoughts on Coach- Been half a season, game plan looks real good when we get going, some adjustments need to be made
Syd Barker - I'd say it's a 4 man race between McKay, Hall, Thomas and Cunnington, any of them can win

The rest
Brownlow tip - Bontempelli
Premier- Demons

Nmfc
Most improved player- Thomas or Hall. Maybe Stevo but he wasn't with us last year. (McKay was nearly this good last year, he's a little bit better but looks alot better on his own in the backline.)

Treading water player- Maybe Atley. If he's treading water tho well he's not doing a s**t job of it. Josh Walker. He is a depth player, but a good one.

Highlight of 2021- Tarryn Thomas running out of the middle.

Thoughts on Coach- He is obviously learning. Doing okay half a season in considering what he was handed. He has a mountain to climb but he seems to have a plan about what he is doing.

Syd Barker- Probably Cunnington. At this stage. McKay, Hall, JZ and Thomas chances depending on how the season pans out.

The rest

Brownlow tip- Dunno. Haven't watched enough footy.

Premier- Dunno yet. We're in May.

MIP: McKay, Hall & Thomas
TWP: Taylor
Highlight: McKay's emergence as a genuine gorilla full back & the heir apparent to Taz
Coach: Come back this time next year
SBM: Cunners from Hall and Ziebell
BM: Macrae
Premiers: Melbourne

Genuine question.

Do we think McKay has genuinely improved? I thought he was fantastic in his matches last year.

I think he was showing signs of being elite last year. This year he's undeniably an elite fullback. I saw a tweet a few weeks ago that had asked people to post their top 10 KPDs in the competition. He wasn't listed in most of them - proving once and for all the general AFL public are a pack of troglodytes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back