2nds 2021 VFL and East Coast Second-Tier Competition

Remove this Banner Ad

Full Wingspan

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
As a Melbourne-based member who is unlikely to attend many senior matches this year due to capacity limits, I would be satisfied in obtaining guaranteed access to all reserves games played in Melbourne in lieu of senior.

Hopefully the AFL and the club can work together to organise something for the Melbourne members, particularly those old Fitzroy supporters.

I believe our 2's got their pantz pulled down today. Any details around?
Just by a couple of goals after being five or six down at one point. One-sided updates from the Suns only AFAIK.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Our VFL side is essentially already down 4 players with players needed to cover Rayner, McStay and Gardiner (in the ones) and McFadyen (long term injury) all injured and compounded because we have elected not to bring in any mature players.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Our VFL side is essentially already down 4 players with players needed to cover Rayner, McStay and Gardiner (in the ones) and McFadyen (long term injury) all injured and compounded because we have elected not to bring in any mature players.
Add Cockatoo and Answerth to the list.

Going to be playing a lot of academy kids.

Only have two fit KPP’s in the reserves, Archie Smith and Henry Smith.

I wonder if we’ll look to sign anyone via SSP which closes tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
How does that work and is that to come onto the senior list proper or purely for the VFL team?
If you have an available list spot, you can sign someone during the preseason supplemental signing period to a rookie contract, which closes March 9, or keep the spot available for the mid season draft after round 11, based on reverse draft order.

Quigley

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2006
Bangalla
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Add Cockatoo and Answerth to the list.

Going to be playing a lot of academy kids.

Only have two fit KPP’s in the reserves, Archie Smith and Henry Smith.

I wonder if we’ll look to sign anyone via SSP which closes tomorrow.

Ballenden and Adams both come in and should solidify the defensive unit (given Ballenden has been working with the backs from reports).

To me it looks like our forwards are where we are going to short of players. We have a lot of small medium defenders who are available. Some small medium forwards who are really mids who probably play in the mids in the reserves given the reduced list sizes (thinking Robertson, Berry Jr, Joyce, Mathieson, CEY). Who is left - Blake Coleman?

So probably a really good opportunity for any of the academy forwards with a bit of talent to show what they can do. Jordan Michael maybe as a 2021 draftee.

Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Is there a match of some type on this weekend. I thought I heard on the coverage Monday night that Gardiner and Cockatoo might have a chance to prove their fitness this weekend in a scratch match? Thought they meant a VFL practice match.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Is there a match of some type on this weekend. I thought I heard on the coverage Monday night that Gardiner and Cockatoo might have a chance to prove their fitness this weekend in a scratch match? Thought they meant a VFL practice match.
As I mentioned in the training thread, saw the team down at Iona a bit before 7am this morning.

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
Sat April 17th Brisbane v Essendon Southpines Sporting Complex 1;30pm
Sat April 24th Carlton v Brisbane IKON Park 12pm

Article on afl.com.au says they "have achieved over 80 per cent alignment with the AFL fixture, with all Victorian based VFL and AFL clubs to travel with their AFL club for interstate trips". So I guess the same doesn't hold for non Victorian teams, well I guess it is the VFL after all

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Sat April 17th Brisbane v Essendon Southpines Sporting Complex 1;30pm
Sat April 24th Carlton v Brisbane IKON Park 12pm

Article on afl.com.au says they "have achieved over 80 per cent alignment with the AFL fixture, with all Victorian based VFL and AFL clubs to travel with their AFL club for interstate trips". So I guess the same doesn't hold for non Victorian teams, well I guess it is the VFL after all
Hopefully there is some word from the club regarding access for Victorian members into VFL games given our memberships will almost be rendered useless this year.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Thought we'd seen the last of Southpines (sic). :poutingcat:
Won't be long before we are here :sick:
Looks nearly ready to play on. The grass is coming on nicely with all the recent rain.

1616137710376.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back