2nds 2021 VFL and East Coast Second-Tier Competition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last weekend of practice matches for the boys in the reserves/academy that are still located in QLD before the VFL season begins.

We are playing the Suns reserves over at South Pine Sports Complex on the 10th of April at 10am. However, I don't know if attendance is allowed for the general public due to COVID restrictions over in QLD currently so I wouldn't be able to help on that matter.

Don’t think we’ll be putting much of a team out on the park this week unless those not selected will fly back to brisbane on Friday

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good a few games in Melb I try to get to some.
Fair enough we play Suns, Aspley and Southport twice to cut down on travel
We also play Richmond twice to match AFL fixture.

Cut pasted our games easier to look at
Games against AFL sides match up. No Casey although playing in NT you assume why
Also assume the Collingwood vs Lions now moves to Gabba?

17/4 - Brisbane Lions vs. Essendon SSC 1.30pm
24/4 - Carlton vs. Brisbane Lions IKON 12pm
1-2 May - Brisbane Lions vs. Coburg
Round 4 bye
15-16 May - Gold Coast Suns vs. Brisbane Lions
22-23 May - Brisbane Lions vs. Richmond
29-30 May - Brisbane Lions vs. GWS Giants
5-6 June - Aspley vs. Brisbane Lions
Round 9 Bye
19-20 June - North Melbourne vs. Brisbane Lions
26-27 June - Brisbane Lions vs. Geelong
3-4 July - Southport vs. Brisbane Lions
10-11 July - Brisbane Lions vs. Aspley
17-18 July - Richmond vs. Brisbane Lions
24-25 July - Box Hill Hawks vs. Brisbane Lions
31 July 1 Aug - Brisbane Lions vs. Gold Coast Suns
Round 17 Bye
14-15 Aug - Collingwood vs. Brisbane Lions
21-22 Aug - Brisbane Lions vs. Southport

Last edited:
I think that site's dead now, the AFL is in control.
Thanks for the link. As others have previously mentioned you would not know the season is about to start
For anyone else at a later date you go to main AFL site
Click hamburger icon (three horizontal bars) top right. Click VFL/VFLW and you are in.
Article on that link about adjustments to the new anti-density rule changes that i was not aware of being implemented

The AFL wrote to all 22 VFL clubs on Wednesday afternoon, informing them that the strict new rules had been softened and will now only be implemented for boundary throw-ins.
Previously, players had to be in their zones for boundary throw-ins and for all kick-ins.

In addition, each team will now only be required to have two players inside the 50m arc for such stoppages, rather than three, while no players will be required in the goalsquare.

Teams will be given 12 seconds to reset to the adjusted positions, otherwise a free-kick will be awarded at the point of the stoppage.
Full article for those interested
Would hate to be a player or umpire that is on the fringe for senior call ups

Thanks for that. But, as usual, it's still hopelessly inadequate.
Oh absolutely. I don't know why they haven't used the same system they have for the AFL/AFLW/preseason/etc.

Or the general absence of journalism.

Hope so. Would love him to build up some match fitness and push for senior's. We need a dynamic player like him.

Only heard very brief reports, but it sounds like he did play and had a few very eye-catching moments. No doubt will need a little bit of time to get match fit though.

Even the individual clubs (including standalone non-AFL clubs) are not listing their squads from what I can see. Have they been told not to for some reason?
The VFL tweeted a link to a paywalled HS page the other day which apparently had the full team lists.

I’m guessing we’re not going to get much official information this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back