2nds 2021 VFL and East Coast Second-Tier Competition

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I have continued to be on the bandwagon for years even when all hope looked lost but Hammelmann continues to kick goals. This year in the VFL so far he has kicked 16 goals in 3 games after another 6 on the weekend. Any team looking light on for a KPF (eg us) should be looking at him imo. Athletic, good size and can just kick goals.
I've said numerous times that talls only tend to put it all together between the ages of 24-27. Hamelmann is right in that range at 25, and I'd prefer him to Fullarton right now if we needed a key forward. I wonder if Fagan sees it that way though. Should one of our three key forwards get injured, I feel like he'd just play two going forward. It's only a serious problem if two of our key forwards get injured.

irish

Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2002
hobart
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NHFC demons & SH/SB sharks
Boys against men , saw little to be impressed about . Lot of work to be done to get a gig in the seniors

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Are the reserves playing this weekend, or is there a bye?
9ce04c7ddeef0b9abae7f085255cdef1.gif

StevoJenkins

The Weekend Worker
Sep 4, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
AFL
Lester said we should have 5 returning in the VFL this week

You'd assume Cockatoo, H and E Smith, CEY and not sure who the 5th would be maybe Joyce?

Answorth is TBC and Payne is 1-2 weeks, so it would probably be one of those 2.

Answorth is TBC and Payne is 1-2 weeks, so it would probably be one of those 2.

Answerth is now (1-2 weeks) away from playing, while Payne won't be playing this week according to Whiting's comments on Twitter so I don't think either of them will be the 5th player in the reserves again alongside E/H. Smith, CEY an Cockatoo. I think it will be Joyce who will be the other one back in the reserves again IMO.

Comeback Lions

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2017
Sydney
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sydney Uni Flames
Lester said we should have 5 returning in the VFL this week

You'd assume Cockatoo, H and E Smith, CEY and not sure who the 5th would be maybe Joyce?
Joyce would be good. J Berry also listed as test, along with the 4 you mention, so if he returned to ones, would free up a fifth. Given Berry’s recent lack of football they might want to give him a run in the twos, though seems unlikely given past decisions.

Jan 9, 2009
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Was Cockatoo injured?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think he had a very minor niggle and they were just ultra cautious. Taking things very slow with him trying to rebuild his body/strength. He was listed as a "test" last week and doesn't feature on the injury list this week. Both him and CEY were moving freely and appeared to be in full training drills yesterday.

Jan 9, 2009
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
We're going to be much harder to beat with guys like, CEY, Ely and Cockatoo back in the side not to mention Payne, Answerth and Joyce in the coming weeks. I am excited to watch us play tomorrow night. I hope Ely puts in a big performance.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Good to see the game is on Kayo
However not the freebies

Event Date | Time

Gold Coast Suns v Brisbane LionsThu, 13 May, 7:10 pm

13 May, 7:10 pm Aspley v SouthportSat, 15 May, 12:00 pm
Freebie

Sydney Swans v Collingwood Sat, 15 May, 4:40 pm
Freebie

Essendon v Frankston Sun, 16 May, 2:00 pm