2nds 2021 VFL and East Coast Second-Tier Competition

Remove this Banner Ad

Greg Swann mentioned today on the Roar Deal that Wylie Buzza will likely be coming on board as a VFL top up for next year.
And also talking to a few others.
Buzza's a ruckman isn't he?

If so, I'd have thought he'd be the last type of player we need.

Delisted Lion Connor Ballenden has signed with SANFL side Woodville West Torrens.

too slow Jackess beat me to the gun

Says something that he is headed to SA and not taking the easy option staying at home and playing with our seconds

good on him hope he goes well , good chance we will regret his axing

I dunno part of the press release was thanking them for getting him a job outside of footy. Sounds like a pretty easy option to me.

Seems like the SANFL is really good standard and the best option for delisted players like Skinner and Ballenden… is that a fair assessment?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like the SANFL is really good standard and the best option for delisted players like Skinner and Ballenden… is that a fair assessment?

For now. I believe they reduced their salary cap because of COVID and are starting to lose players to other leagues.

Kobe Tozer heading to Norwood
Will Tasker also signing for North Adelaide in the SANFL for 2022+ as well.

Might go watch some of the SANFL live next year, just to watch our academy/delisted boys previously from our club (Ballenden, Skinner, Tasker & Tozer).

Will Tasker also signing for North Adelaide in the SANFL for 2022+ as well.

Might go watch some of the SANFL live next year, just to watch our academy/delisted boys previously from our club (Ballenden, Skinner, Tasker & Tozer).
Have you seen many ex Gold Coast academy boys signing for next year in the SANFL?

Have you seen many ex Gold Coast academy boys signing for next year in the SANFL?
I don't know if they have resigned for next year and beyond for their respectfully SANFL teams, but I know Josh Gore (Gold Coast Suns Academy) got signed and played for West Adelaide while Clay Cameron & Stephen Mills (Redland/Gold Coast Suns Academy) played for Woodville-West Torrens this year as well, so I would have thought they would continue playing with their respectfully SANFL teams in 2022 at least, unless they get offers from VFL clubs.

Regarding any other ex-Gold Coast academy players joining the SANFL for 2022+, I don't think there has been any club signing any ex-players from the Gold Coast academy, if my memory serves me right.

EDIT: According to their facebook page in the past 24 hours, Glenelg just signed Jordan Murdoch (Geelong/Gold Coast) for the 2022 SANFL Season as well, so that's another Gold Coast player I forgot to mention who will use his talent in the SANFL for 2022+, my bad.

Last edited:
There’s been a little talk about ex Gold Coast academy member, Nathan Colenso playing for the Lions vfl team next year.

Kid has an interesting story.
I have a vague recollection of watching his old man play. I'm thinking it was when I was a kid, rather than when he came back to Brisbane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back