VFL 2021 VFL Season, (Player Review Post #230)

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to, because of the our AFL program shutdown.

Yeah, I appreciate that, but we could have played Casey and caught up on at least 1 of the lost games. It'll be 3 weeks of footy missed now.

OK it seems Richmond are playing only because the AFL teams bye was meant to be last week but got moved. They must be sticking to the original fixture as Sandringham, Casey and Sydney aren't playing when their AFL teams have a bye. Which is stupid when they have to catch up games.

Last edited:
WTF!!....Why give a team that has missed 2 weeks of footy, a bye? You seriously question those in charge, pathetic....
4 weeks. A bye in R6 and the next 3 postponed.

the club has a bye. They didn't have much choice. If we moved our afl bye.. hard to know when that would happen.

Isn't it better that the season gets going, and they try to catch up with games. Us and Casey have a bye, why couldn't we have played Casey this weekend? As it has been pointed out, we haven't played any VFL footy for 4 weeks now...

Isn't it better that the season gets going, and they try to catch up with games. Us and Casey have a bye, why couldn't we have played Casey this weekend? As it has been pointed out, we haven't played any VFL footy for 4 weeks now...
That’s the logical move…absolutely mind boggling to have a bye.
I bet the players would all be keen to play.

Yes, it would be nice. And its not ideal. But how do you persay that to happen when our club has the AFLPA mandated bye? You can't push the bye forward as that messes up with the AFL schedule. So while no, its not great, but they'll have to deal with 1 more week break and just resume next weekend.

How they are gonna catch up? Unsure, but we have no more breaks, and there will come a team the northern clubs take a few weeks break.

Season reduced to 14 games. What was already a severely compromised fixture is now more so thanks to the virus break

So does that become 14 games with 2 byes?

So does that become 14 games with 2 byes?
Yep.

THE AFL has been forced to slice two games off the VFL fixture due to the ongoing uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic around Australia.

The competition was originally scheduled to feature all 22 clubs playing 16 matches in a 19-round home-and-away season, but lockdowns in Victoria in May and now in NSW have made that impossible to achieve in the remaining timeframe.

With clubs having played between seven and nine matches across the first 12 rounds, it means some only have five games left to press their finals claims, starting with Friday night’s top eight-shaping contest between Frankston and Port Melbourne at Skybus Stadium.

EDIT:
These are our remaining games. 8 games pending - 6 originally fixtured, 1 postponed plus this week's match against the tigs. At least one of these won't go ahead. On a quick look at the sides who have already played 9 matches the fixture will have to be adjusted to ensure they have another bye or two.

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 11.21.16 AM.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Desperate to see us at Vic Park again. I can’t, I just can’t, watch us at the Holden Centre. It’s horrible for watching footy.

Guess with Sunday Games they be at Holden Center for Double Headers

New fixture at the bottom of this article

We don't have anymore byes and we've got a home game against Aspley added. For us none of the previous postponed/cancelled games are going ahead.

New fixture at the bottom of this article

We don't have anymore byes and we've got a home game against Aspley added. For us none of the previous postponed/cancelled games are going ahead.

It's a pretty good draw for us really.

R13 - Richmond
R14 - Carlton
R15 - Aspley
R16 - Port Melb
R17 - Box Hill
R18 - Bears
R19 - Essendon

Hawks the only other side in the 8 currently we're drawn to play and Port and Aspley are the bottom 2 sides.

Carlton v Collingwood live on Kayo Freebies this Sunday

Another double header. Impacting my capacity to get anything done around the house....

Another double header. Impacting my capacity to get anything done around the house....
I can handle Saturday double headers as that's usually my lazy day having worked all week, but Sunday is when I like to be productive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back