VFL 2021 VFL Season, (Player Review Post #230)

Remove this Banner Ad

That deal is dog sh*t
No mention of youtube streams, so potentially it's just replacing one media with another. It also looks like the 7 coverage is now strictly Sunday's instead of floating between Saturday and Sunday. Therefore there's no 7 match in R2 with ANZAC day falling on the Sunday and no VFL scheduled.

I've never been a fan of our Friday night Olympic Park matches. One of the things I enjoy about the VFL is the traditional Saturday or Sunday arvo matches, which adds to the local footy vibe. Hoping no Thursday night matches for us, bugger the VFL being moved behind a paywall especially when I currently cannot get to Thursday night footy.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
No mention of youtube streams, so potentially it's just replacing one media with another. It also looks like the 7 coverage is now strictly Sunday's instead of floating between Saturday and Sunday. Therefore there's no 7 match in R2 with ANZAC day falling on the Sunday and no VFL scheduled.
Yeah 2019 you got two games most of this year you will get three. They claim it’s a massive deal lol

They opened up punt road? Shocked I tell ya. But of course they wouldn't do for the practice match...
Earlier reports said they wouldn’t have crowds, so good if that hasn’t occurred

Harry O

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool
Have the vfl abandoned selecting teams on a Thursday night? Makes it hard to follow a comp if there is no selection

Have the vfl abandoned selecting teams on a Thursday night? Makes it hard to follow a comp if there is no selection
It would seem that way. Likely a flow on from AFL teams now announcing theirs 1 day prior.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
AM-7554-0221-VFL-Fixture_Full_FA-3-.pdf (afl.com.au)
1618559132103.png

It doesn't look like we'll be shown next week either. I hope that stream is coming for our games!

Round 3.

Friday April 30
Collingwood vs. Gold Coast Suns 4.00pm Holden Centre

Round 4.

Saturday May 8
Collingwood vs. Coburg 12.05pm Victoria Park 7Plus

Last edited:

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Stupid Time for the Gold Coast Game

I imagine it's scheduled to enable the GC players to get on a plane back to Brisbane that night. Would save the AFL the cost of overnight accommodation.

I imagine it's scheduled to enable the GC players to get on a plane back to Brisbane that night. Would save the AFL the cost of overnight accommodation.

Suns play the AFL Game the Next Day

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back