VFL 2021 VFL list changes & discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Both Dangerfield and Rohan played for Geelong. The Cats kicked a couple against the strong wind in the last quarter and that proved decisive.

It’s a ******* joke that Dangerfield and Rohan can play practice matches while suspended, but I guess at the end of the day it’s a good learning experience for our kids in a match that isn’t worth any points.

It’s a ******* joke that Dangerfield and Rohan can play practice matches while suspended, but I guess at the end of the day it’s a good learning experience for our kids in a match that isn’t worth any points.
Strongly agree with this sentiment. Hopefully one of Reef or Poulter were told to follow danger and learn as much as possible.

It doesn't have a good "look" to it, that's for sure! Losing a VFL practice match means bugger all, but they still need to change things so it doesn't happen again.

I know these are frustrations shared by many but i gotta get it out there:

1. What the **** is with the radio silence from the club on the vfl practice match? I guess they might be busy with AFLW and AFL today but they've just shared the geelong thread-great now we have some idea of the scores and who played well for geelong. Surely someone is free up there that could post something from a collingwood perspective. Hell get bianco to do it if he's out injured.

2. Why the **** has the VFL proper not started yet? There are auskick comps running earlier than the supposed second highest grade of footy. Absolute joke.

I was about to post this exact thing (both points). If it was a proper game for points you'd be rightly filthy.

Couple of other more important games to cover today in teh AFLW and Senior Mens teams.

With the soft cap being reduced this year, that means we have less people available. I think the right decisions were made.

Only takes 1 Person

I don’t have an issue with them playing, punishment to me is missing AFL, if a player can’t play VFL, they will lost match readiness and touch, which will mean a heavier penalty. That’s just me.

I don’t have an issue with them playing, punishment to me is missing AFL, if a player can’t play VFL, they will lost match readiness and touch, which will mean a heavier penalty. That’s just me.
No, it’s the same penalty that they’d have during the actual VFL season, it’s not heavier at all. The whole point of a suspension is that you can’t play a competitive game at any level during that period, only train with your own team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pathetic coverage of game by Collingwood media. Not that hard to tweet a few updates

I actually came across to have a look as you guys used to have the best VFL coverage and you'd find more out from the Collingwood coverage than the Geelong coverage. I suppose it is the first thing to go when they are making COVID cuts. Surely the clubs can find some volunteers to cover the matches for them though. I'm sure there are lots of journalism students that would jump at the opportunity.

Couple of other more important games to cover today in teh AFLW and Senior Mens teams.

With the soft cap being reduced this year, that means we have less people available. I think the right decisions were made.
Thats absolute rubbish there would be plenty of people willing to do this sort of stuff for free.

Collingwood just dont care

Not just the media team who have twitter access?

I actually came across to have a look as you guys used to have the best VFL coverage and you'd find more out from the Collingwood coverage than the Geelong coverage. I suppose it is the first thing to go when they are making COVID cuts. Surely the clubs can find some volunteers to cover the matches for them though. I'm sure there are lots of journalism students that would jump at the opportunity.

You would think so.

Like someone like Jen2310 who been doing the Training Reports

Shocking VFL coverage from supposedly the biggest club in the land.

As I’ve said before. Have a sensible volunteer like Jen2310 to assist with the twitter feed in exchange for free VFL entry and a free top shelf membership package each year.

Costs the club bugger all. Hardly rocket science
Collingwood dont care they just want to bleed you dry of your money.

sad but its the god honest truth

Shocking VFL coverage from supposedly the biggest club in the land.

As I’ve said before. Have a sensible volunteer like Jen2310 to assist with the twitter feed in exchange for free VFL entry and a free top shelf membership package each year.

Costs the club bugger all. Hardly rocket science

I know someone who did Photo's of the VFL Games got a Free Membership for his Service

How? Suspected players play in AFL preseason games. Who cares? I am happy they played there is nothing on the line in terms of competition points and you get to see some of our young lads come up against an elite player. There is a lot they can learn from playing Danger

How? Suspected players play in AFL preseason games.
Of course they can. Because their suspension is for the premiership season, not the pre-season. When you’re suspended, you’re not meant to play competitive footy at any level. The cats had to get special permission for this to happen and it’s raised many eyebrows. It shouldn’t have happened. It means that those two guys get to maintain a level of touch that’s impossible to get under normal circumstances.
Who cares? I am happy they played there is nothing on the line in terms of competition points and you get to see some of our young lads come up against an elite player. There is a lot they can learn from playing Danger
I literally said that in the post you quoted. Did you even read it or just read the first line and respond?

Of course they can. Because their suspension is for the premiership season, not the pre-season. When you’re suspended, you’re not meant to play competitive footy at any level. The cats had to get special permission for this to happen and it’s raised many eyebrows. It shouldn’t have happened. It means that those two guys get to maintain a level of touch that’s impossible to get under normal circumstances.

I literally said that in the post you quoted. Did you even read it or just read the first line and respond?
But they aren’t playing competition footy as it’s a practice game. They have every right to play

Thats absolute rubbish there would be plenty of people willing to do this sort of stuff for free.

Collingwood just dont care
Look. A professional outfit shouldn’t be offering for people to run their account for free. All it would take is one individual to act the fool and it would do damage to our reputation, potentially internationally.
How do you think sponsors and the like will react.

The media team are clearly stretched across the MCG and the GABBA.

We have a preliminary final, a player breaking the record for the most games ever played at the MCG and a practice match that is allowing suspended players to partake.

I know where I’d be sending my employees...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back