VFL 2021 VFL R13 v Rich (Sun 11-Jul 12pm @ Punt Road) [7 / 7 plus] *Tickets must be pre-purchased*

Remove this Banner Ad

He is but witts had played 40 games at AFL and always looked promising.

Unfortunately gonna lose Lynch for a junk pick
We lost Witts for a junk pick due to gross incompetence from our list management team anyway

Can I have a quick summary of the game please?
3-5 goal breeze to the Bruton Ave end all game. We did well to be nearly level at quarter time, which probably was the difference in the end. 'pies big second quarter, tigs big third quarter as they tagged Sier and gained ascendency in the middle. They were also assisted in that quarter by more than a few bad turnovers. Reckon we gave up 5-7 goals through questionable kicking across the game. Fourth quarter more of an arm wrestle, but we did move the footy much better than the previous quarter; like us in the third the tigs really struggled to kick accurately into the wind. A 50 and deliberate behind that were both there and rightfully paid got us a couple of goals late. Despite the angst of the tig fans those two decisions weren't the difference in the result; there were a few iffy ones paid or not to either side earlier.

3-5 goal breeze to the Bruton Ave end all game. We did well to be nearly level at quarter time, which probably was the difference in the end. 'pies big second quarter, tigs big third quarter as they tagged Sier and gained ascendency in the middle. They were also assisted in that quarter by more than a few bad turnovers. Reckon we gave up 5-7 goals through questionable kicking across the game. Fourth quarter more of an arm wrestle, but we did move the footy much better than the previous quarter; like us in the third the tigs really struggled to kick accurately into the wind. A 50 and deliberate behind that were both there and rightfully paid got us a couple of goals late. Despite the angst of the tig fans those two decisions weren't the difference in the result; there were a few iffy ones paid or not to either side earlier.

Thanks mate. Really appreciate it.

Could the Commentators barracked anymore for Richmond late in the Game Espically Campbell Brown?

Sounded like the Richmond Cheer Squad

Over past three VFL games, Sier has had 86 disposals and 25 tackles. Any suggestion that he’s not working hard enough is rubbish.

Those numbers demand promotion to seniors, especially given his ability to rove ruck taps and release the ball to outside team-mates.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'll preface my comments by saying I thought Sier was very good yesterday and I wouldn't be averse to him getting a call up, but your rubbish claim is rubbish. It's a 2-way sport.

The Ch9 Sunday footy show did a piece on Tom Mitchell's 39 possession game performance from the Freo game. Conclusion, completely lacked impact due to poor opponent accountability, cruising, getting the easy possessions and not taking the game on. Needs to get back to the footy that won him a Brownlow. Cox had 1 more run down of an opposition player and impact their disposal than Sier.

Sier's problem now is that Brown was very good at senior level yesterday and he's not displacing him after that game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whether people like it or not. Cal does one thing that Sier does not. Run two ways.

There were times in this game yesterday where Sier stopped chasing and started jogging, looked exhausted, or lazy I've no idea. Then you nod and think, yep, this is why he isn't playing seniors.

Whether people like it or not. Cal does one thing that Sier does not. Run two ways.

There were times in this game yesterday where Sier stopped chasing and started jogging, looked exhausted, or lazy I've no idea. Then you nod and think, yep, this is why he isn't playing seniors.
Total agreement - it's a bad look and sends a poor message to his team mates.

I'll preface my comments by saying I thought Sier was very good yesterday and I wouldn't be averse to him getting a call up, but your rubbish claim is rubbish. It's a 2-way sport.

The Ch9 Sunday footy show did a piece on Tom Mitchell's 39 possession game performance from the Freo game. Conclusion, completely lacked impact due to poor opponent accountability, cruising, getting the easy possessions and not taking the game on. Needs to get back to the footy that won him a Brownlow. Cox had 1 more run down of an opposition player and impact their disposal than Sier.

Sier's problem now is that Brown was very good at senior level yesterday and he's not displacing him after that game.

I've thought at times Sier has been a bit guilty of coasting against easier opposition knowing he had there measure through strength etc and I posted a week or two ago that it didn't look like he got out of second gear. I don't think that was the case yesterday though, in fact I'd say the opposite. The tigs made him work very hard for his touches especially around the stoppages; it was the most work I've seen an opposition put into Sier. He fought hard to still impact the contest often with little support with Macrae and McInnes on limited minutes. Perhaps that extra work required in close impacted his ability to chase?

And this is his major issue. At AFL level he cant impact the games for long enough as he has no tank. Ends up jogging from contest to contest.

I've thought at times Sier has been a bit guilty of coasting against easier opposition knowing he had there measure through strength etc and I posted a week or two ago that it didn't look like he got out of second gear. I don't think that was the case yesterday though, in fact I'd say the opposite. The tigs made him work very hard for his touches especially around the stoppages; it was the most work I've seen an opposition put into Sier. He fought hard to still impact the contest often with little support with Macrae and McInnes on limited minutes. Perhaps that extra work required in close impacted his ability to chase?
It's too hard to tell without being on the ground, I'd like to think so but he has been guilty in the past so I will reserve my judgement.

It's too hard to tell without being on the ground, I'd like to think so but he has been guilty in the past so I will reserve my judgement.
I was a good position to view the centre contests at the ground yesterday and paid a fair bit of attention to how we setup.

I was a good position to view the centre contests at the ground yesterday and paid a fair bit of attention to how we setup.
I'll take it under advisement then - he's certainly what we need if he can get his %^$&$ together and hold it together.

I'll take it under advisement then - he's certainly what we need if he can get his %^$&$ together and hold it together.
Yeah, it's only one game and he's still got some work to do, but good to see him get some touches under pressure. I'd like to see him get at least 3-4 senior games before the year ends. Worst case like Lynch it may increase his trade value, which is probably the lowest it can be right now.

Yeah, it's only one game and he's still got some work to do, but good to see him get some touches under pressure. I'd like to see him get at least 3-4 senior games before the year ends. Worst case like Lynch it may increase his trade value, which is probably the lowest it can be right now.
Agreed he's certainly worth the opportunity now that the season is over. Let him play through most of the remaining matches and see how he travels.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back