VFL 2021 VFL R16 v Box Hill (Sat 31-Jul 12.05pm @ Olympic Park) [Kayo freebies]

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood were missing Begg, Johnson, Moore, Daicos, Murphy, Pendlebury, tyler Brown, Callum Brown, McCreery that is half a team add In Nick Daicos and maybe Dib/Stengle. That is 12 players for next year and another year/pre season into 8 players. Throw in the fact we were competitive until 3rd qtr. lots to look forward to

Collingwood were missing Begg, Johnson, Moore, Daicos, Murphy, Pendlebury, tyler Brown, Callum Brown, McCreery that is half a team add In Nick Daicos and maybe Dib/Stengle. That is 12 players for next year and another year/pre season into 8 players. Throw in the fact we were competitive until 3rd qtr. lots to look forward to
What do you mean missing? only 4 of them are best 22. Two haven’t even played vfl 😂

What do you mean missing? only 4 of them are best 22. Two haven’t even played vfl 😂

I think it means the flow on effect.

yes some are AFL quality players but that in turn pushes some from today’s AFL game back into the VFL, thus strengthening the team.

I may have it wrong though.

Wilson and Reef been the only Positives in this game

I'd add Lynch and Cox to that list. Honourable mention for Chugg. Liked the work rate of McMahon but he's just getting monstered at the moment. Big pre-season coming for him.

Last edited:
dumb metric - 10 debutants is a far stronger metric for confirming list renewal.

Especially given a proportion of those debutantes are showing they look to have longer term futures. At what level is yet to be determined but even B-grade role players you have on the list need to be regenerated. Add that we've got games into other <50 gamers like Daicos, Quayor, Cameron and Ruscoe.

Thanks be to the footy gods, McInnes is a clearance beast!

This weekend: Collingwood v Box Hill Hawks - Saturday July 31, 12.05pm, Holden Centre

MATCH CENTRE Check out all the stats from Collingwood v Box Hill

Defender Tom Wilson impressed for Collingwood in the VFL against Box Hill, kicking a goal from 24 touches as the Pies went down by 63 points.

Ruckman Max Lynch impressed with 25 hitouts and two goals.

Fellow ruck Mason Cox won 19 hitouts of his own, while also kicking 1.1.

Draftee Reef McInnes won a team-high nine clearances and collected 15 disposals.

Midfielder Brayden Sier kicked the first goal of the game but then suffered an ankle injury and sat out the rest of the game.

Most sides have 8-12 missing at some point during the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven’t we got around 8 rounds left of the regular season …

… and I’m guessing we will have a bunch of players coming back in before finals?

McCreery
Bianco
Ruscoe
Murphy
Macrae
Henry
Ginnivan
Yep - I’m just mucking around, 76

it seemed like the boys had just had it in the last

Haven’t we got around 8 rounds left of the regular season …

… and I’m guessing we will have a bunch of players coming back in before finals?

McCreery
Bianco
Ruscoe
Murphy
Macrae
Henry
Ginnivan
It looks like we'll only have three games/rounds (at the most) left now. They announced a few weeks back teams would be playing 14 games (we've now played 9): 2021 VFL season reduced to 14 rounds (melbournefc.com.au)
1627813571565.png
1627813625431.png
I'm not sure whether or not they've announced another cutback to the fixture, but with only three weekends left between now and when the finals are scheduled to start a maximum of 12 games is likely to be it.

any chance at all we can will see Johnson play?
According to the club's latest injury report he should be a chance to play the last (h&a) game of the season, so hopefully we qualify for finals and he can sneak 2-3 games in. Fair to say it will be nice to finally get a look at him in action! Begg is meant to be in the same situation as Johnson - a chance to play the last VFL round, so we may get to see him as well!

Thanks TD. Was a tough watch without sound at first... Wilson looked good amongst VFL company, pace a question mark, Sier seemed to step on the ball and did an ankle, is there no end to the ways this guy finds to incapacitate himself...Booth looks like a player...McMahon looks like a giraffe, all arms and legs, I guess he will grow into his body...McInnes...hhhmmmm... gets involved for sure, hands on the ball... kicking looks scrubby... Poulter, can we clip him behind the ear every time he kicks one of those speculative lofted wedge shots into the forward line ?

Poulter, can we clip him behind the ear every time he kicks one of those speculative lofted wedge shots into the forward line ?

I don't mind him going down the Line doing that as long as he does not Kicking Across the Ground

He looks a born winger that can break the lines.

I would like Poulter take the Game on more instead of Marking and then going behind his Mark every time to take the Free Kick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back