VFL 2021 VFL R2 v Essendon (Sat 24-Apr 2pm @ Victoria Park) - [live on 7plus ?, kayo, Casey radio]

Remove this Banner Ad

I like what I’m seeing from Lynch - agile tall with a huge tank.

If he keeps improving at this rate he’ll take the 2nd ruck spot and provide a mobile second ruck/tall option for the team which seems to becoming a trend in the Comp.
Two tall endurance beasts is an exciting prospect.
Surely he leaves

Tranquilli was an enigma.

He played once in 93. Was in and out pretty quick in 94 but then came in against west coast after we got smashed by richmond. Kicked 6 against wc who were easily the best team and went on to win the flag. Rest of 94 was solid but IIRC broke his leg at an intra club and had hammy issues that never resolved. I think delisted in 96.

Always seemed to be dangerous and the most likely to kick a goal when near the ball. I looked into this and he had 68 career possessions and 37 career scoring shots (goals and points combined). 54.4 % of his possessions were scoring shots in what was an essentially a pretty weak team. I compared that to the 3 best half forwards I could think of in Daicos 20.26%, Bartlett 17.07% and Johnston 14.86%. IN 1990 Daicos bumped that up to 34%. Wonder what would have happened if Tranquilli never broke his leg?

Wow, thanks for the great in-depth analysis. They’re good numbers. I must have been thinking about his 6-goal game v West Coast.

There are lots of “if only” stories. Tranquilli, Lee Walker, Sean Rusling all come to mind.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Wow, thanks for the great in-depth analysis. They’re good numbers. I must have been thinking about his 6-goal game v West Coast.

There are lots of “if only” stories. Tranquilli, Lee Walker, Sean Rusling all come to mind.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Sean Rusling the most tragic, on the occasions he was able to got on the park he was something special.

I liked the look of Dib. Question - does anyone know if it is a top 20 bid or first round bid that precludes us from access to him? IE if due to other bids and possible FA compo meaning round 1 may extend to say 23 selections, as long it is past pick 20, we could match? (Assuming we have the points etc).

I liked the look of Dib. Question - does anyone know if it is a top 20 bid or first round bid that precludes us from access to him? IE if due to other bids and possible FA compo meaning round 1 may extend to say 23 selections, as long it is past pick 20, we could match? (Assuming we have the points etc).
top 20.
Next year, top 40.

Seems like top 20 so that helps a bit seeing as it will be us extending it by one. Don't know of any other relevant kids but I think Gold Coast still have a priority pick which is ridiculous but it could help as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed played as 3rd tall, quitea agile quick and good leap.

Ff. McCreery Moore McMahon
Hf. J.Thomas Mihocek Sidebottom

Wouldn't mind seeing something like that.

Think Sidebottom should play fwd transition into a part time mid come fwd, very smart around the f50 and good read off the hands as a front and center rover.
Has the tank to work upfield and back as an option too.
Why drop cameron?

Nobody watches or cares too much about 16s form it was just more to point out he has the potential to perform to an All Australian level at 18s

Really?

No fans watch it. Recruiters watch it to get an idea of who the prospects are but it counts for nothing at the end of the day. It’s can open a door but that’s it

I'd have thought recruiters were the only somebody's that matter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back