VFL 2021 VFL R3 v GC (Fri 30-Apr 4pm @ Olympic Park) - [live stream]

Remove this Banner Ad

MoreMoore

All Australian
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Agree, Sier has his issues. Bucks doesnt know how to manage him. Like Stevo, Treloar, Shaw, Daisy.

It will take another club to iron Siers faults out for him to realise how good he can be. Which will be our loss.
Imagine what he would be at the Tigers

ksardog

Brownlow Medallist
May 9, 2008
south australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Kelly seem way off it, was horrible last week.
He needs to spend most of the season in the VFL, build him as a key defender and make himself irresistible for selection in the ones.

yeh, we were hoping to fast track him but missing basically 2 years of football has hurt him. Play him out in the reserves all year and get him to demand a spot so when his opportunity does come, he can perform

Aussie pie

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers
Agreed
Max Lynch may never play another AFL game but kudos to the guy… heart as big as Phar Lap and his impact attitude wise on the other guys is great… he made that last goal for McInnes with his effort…
Agreed, Max is that leader in the VFL we need. A big body, great effort every time he goes near the ball, he’s like that old pro who helps the young bucks but he’s young too. Would like to see Selwood out there as more or less a playing coach.

Agreed

Agreed, Max is that leader in the VFL we need. A big body, great effort every time he goes near the ball, he’s like that old pro who helps the young bucks but he’s young too. Would like to see Selwood out there as more or less a playing coach.

Selwood injured his Ankle/Foot just before RD 1 so don't know how long he be out

Defence, best I've seen him play. Does have a bit of the Scharenbergs about him because he isn't quick enough to play on smalls but not tall enough to play on bigs, but was impressed with his decision making tonight. Pretty calm user, seems to read it well. Can see him playing games.
He’s 194cm, that should be plenty tall enough unless he’s up against the 200cm uber talls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwoodcrew

Senior List
Jul 1, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
The VFL team do the same as the AFL team. We never make opponents kick to a contest. We are so easy to play against.

That’s what I thought watching the game. No angels with linked hand balls.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sep 28, 2006
QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
LA Lakers,NE Patriots,Liverpool FC
Perhaps he can stay with us if we have a different coach later this season or next.
You mean he’ll actually want to have a go in the AFL? If you need a coach to motivate you to play at the highest level, you’re done.
The guy has no ticker. Delist material.

DopeMaster

Fair Legend
Apr 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sier very influential for us. Should be playing in the firsts.

Henry will be a very good player for us very soon.

Great to see Wilson have such a good game. Hard to place him as I haven’t seen him show the aerial prowess required for a 3rd tall down back. Doesn’t quite have the size for a KPD. Good skills both sides, pace and height, could be a good fit on the wing in the firsts?

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
If we get him, and fingers crossed we do, Bucks will play him in the back pocket

Playing in defence at NAB level so why not?

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Or relate to players that are offbeat, for whom footy isn’t an obsessive, 24/7 life-or-death pursuit.

There’s a lot that Sier could do to help his own cause but the facts are he’s a big bodied midfielder with clean hands, great peripheral vision and a big kick, who actually reads ruck taps really well. Lord knows we have a desperate shortage of that skillset in our AFL side but I don’t think Bucks can get past Sier’s body language issues. So instead he picks guys with great body language/effort but who have bugger-all impact.

I reckon if Sier was picked for the AFL side and left to play midfield for 4-6 straight weeks, he’d never be dropped again and the team would be better off for it. It’s not a big ask when you consider the dream selection rides that WHE, Thomas, Mayne, Noble and Cal Brown are enjoying.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I am not often right but have consistently called for Sier to get senior games. I can only but agree with whoever in this thread surmised that Buckley was a big reason for his omission. I know which of the two I would prefer to be involved with the team. From the outside, Sier's treatment by Collingwood selectors is to say the least perplexing.

Last edited:
Back