VFL 2021 VFL R3 v GC (Fri 30-Apr 4pm @ Olympic Park) - [live stream]

Remove this Banner Ad

Proofs in the now and last off season. Terrible relationship with certain players. Wants to be one of the boys instead of a coach

It is an absolutely ridiculous argument to say some things that happened in the last 6 months somehow proves something else that happened about 7 years ago. They are mutually exclusive events and years apart.

What happened on 2020 has nothing to do with Daisy leaving when he did.

It is an absolutely ridiculous argument to say some things that happened in the last 6 months somehow proves something else that happened about 7 years ago. They are mutually exclusive events and years apart.

What happened on 2020 has nothing to do with Daisy leaving when he did.

Its not ridiculous. Its a failure in his personality trait. It even happened in his playing days

Seems you have a hard time coming to grips with it. He cant build relationships with players unless they are yes men. Simples

I love the VFL game day thread. It’s more constructive, analytical and less toxic than its big brother.:oops:

Still contains too much of the bullshit attacks on players posted under a loosely interpreted guise of criticism.

Still contains too much of the bullshit attacks on players posted under a loosely interpreted guise of criticism.

I did say less toxic. At any rate, I much prefer it. I guess the anxiety about winning or losing is considerably less too, resulting in fewer melts.

Is that your kitchen? Reminds me of the 50's and 60's. :)

Ha! No, not my kitchen. But a poster on here not too long ago told me to get ‘back in the kitchen’.

Sadly, I haven’t managed to do that, but in honour of that honourable post from that honourable poster, I thought I’d include a picture of a fantasy kitchen in my avatar.:p

I'm not a fan of gifting games to blokes who have a consistent record of failing to meet minimum standards so it's still a big no from me.

Hmmm, not sure getting injured when finding consistent form is a minimum standard we should be recording.

Draftee Oliver Henry put in a dominant performance for Collingwood in the VFL on Friday, with last year's pick 17 finishing with 22 disposals, 13 marks and 3.3 in the Pies' thrilling three-point win over Gold Coast.

Midfielder Brayden Sier also starred with 28 touches and 1.1, while Jack Madgen responded to his omission from the seniors with 25 disposals and five marks.

Rookie Tom Wilson found plenty of the ball, collecting 30 disposals and kicking 1.1.

Another draftee from last year, Reef McInnes, laid a game-high 11 tackles and kicked a goal from 20 disposals.

Draftee Oliver Henry put in a dominant performance for Collingwood in the VFL on Friday, with last year's pick 17 finishing with 22 disposals, 13 marks and 3.3 in the Pies' thrilling three-point win over Gold Coast.

Midfielder Brayden Sier also starred with 28 touches and 1.1, while Jack Madgen responded to his omission from the seniors with 25 disposals and five marks.

Rookie Tom Wilson found plenty of the ball, collecting 30 disposals and kicking 1.1.

Another draftee from last year, Reef McInnes, laid a game-high 11 tackles and kicked a goal from 20 disposals.

A refreshing read to the seniors!

Give them all a run against north ,except for Marge and Sier ,seen enough of what they bring to Afl side.

1st Quarter
Sam Glover got things rolling for the Pies, running in on goal after Collingwood earned a free kick deep inside 50. A VFL listed player, Glover was impressive on Friday night with his ability to play at both ends of the ground a big factor throughout the game.

Brayden Sier was strong in his return to the VFL side. Sier had 9 disposals, 3 marks and 2 tackles in the first quarter. He continued his good work throughout the night, impressive with his bullish work in the contest and spread in stoppages. He finished with 28 disposals and a goal to his name as he looks to push for senior selection.

After a fast start, the Suns hit back with fire. 3 quick goals gave the Suns a 10 point lead at quarter time. Will Brodie was massive for the Suns in the first quarter with 14 disposals.

QT Score - Collingwood 1.4.10 v Gold Coast 3.2.20

2nd Quarter
It was the Ollie Henry show in the second quarter. He had unbelievably sticky hands, marking absolutely everything all day. Henry had 13 marks for the day and a career high 22 disposals. The best of his 13 coming in the 2nd quarter when he ran back with the flight to take a fantastic contested grab. All three of his goals came in the 2nd quarter to get the Pies out to a 17 point lead.

A flourish forward from defender Tom Wilson secured his first goal of the season with a awesome running goal. Wilson was outstanding all evening, he ended up with 30 disposals coming off half back. His ability to read the ball, intercept and then rebound the Pies into attack was integral in preventing the Suns from hitting the scoreboard. Importantly, 21 of his 30 disposals were kicks resulting in a high meters game gained for Wilson.

A 5 goal quarter for the Pies, Rory Atkins got a late goal for the Suns just before half time to bring the margin back to 11 at the major interval.

HT Score - Collingwood 6.7.43 v Gold Coast 5.2.32

3rd Quarter
The Suns came out of the half time break absolutely scorching, the 11 point lead was diminished quite quickly with two goals early putting the Suns in the lead.

Momentum swung when the Suns got out the back of the Collingwood defence and Isaac Chugg and Jack Madgen put in a huge effort to prevent an easy goal. Madgen was dominant on his return to the VFL side, his industrious efforts along the wing rewarded with 25 disposals. Madgen’s leadership throughout the second half was very important, particularly with such a young side. Those who attended the game will notice how vocal Madgen, constantly communicating with his team mates.

It was the 17-year-old, Youseph Dib who got the Pies back in front just before three quarter time. An unbelievably clean crumbing goal was one of the best highlights from the night. Dib ended up with 2 goals for the game, the draft prospect continues to impress at the level with his speed and ability to find the football in and around the forward line.

3QT Score - Collingwood 7.9.51 v Gold Coast 7.5.47

4th Quarter
The Suns kicked the first two goals of the final term to earn a 7-point lead early in the quarter. There were worrying signs for the Pies as the Suns look to have the run and the momentum of the game.

Trey Ruscoe stood up in the final term, he made his impact felt with some big individual efforts. Playing in the backline instead of his regular role up forward, Ruscoe looked comfortable with the ball in front of him. His defensive awareness was strong and he was able to use his speed and toughness to win multiple 1 on 1 contests.

3 points down with 90 seconds on the clock, it was Reef McInnes’ moment to stand up. The draftee has been strong in his first season at the Pies but he stepped up to a new level on Friday night. A game-high 11 tackles to go with his 20 disposals typified his effort around the ball. McInnes was sent to Will Brodie at half time in an attempt to nullify his impact in the middle, and he did a fantastic job at ensuring when Brodie got the ball he was under immense pressure.

The ball was floated into the forward line, Max Lynch reached for a massive mark but selflessly tapped the ball to the ground where McInnes went to work. Hitting the ball at full pelt, he ran into an open goal, putting the Pies in front.

There were a few nervous moments in the final minute of the game as the Suns looked to break Collingwood hearts, but the boys did enough to come away with a hard-fought victory. The ability to grind out a win is quickly becoming synonymous with this young VFL side.

Collingwood 9.11.65
Gold Coast 9.8.62

Goals: Henry 3, Dib 2, Glover, McInnes, Sier, Wilson
Bests: Henry, Wilson, Sier, Madgen, McInnes

Now you are changing topic. We were talking about Daisy.

Buckley is nothing if not professional from what I have observed during his time as coach. Even in his behaviour regarding Malthouse. But you keep seeing what you want to.

Even if he isn't a good coach, Bucks is a class act.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The interesting thing on this thread is the Sier reaction. He has a half ok game against the Suns seconds and some on this thread are on the I told you so band wagon. Personally I’ve never seen it in him, he’s a long term tease on our list who at the top league never gets it done. “But he’s a big body mid” I hear you say, so????? He’s had his chance, trade for points at seasons end. I’ve never seen the positive that others have seen, he was so fumbly today and doesn’t really get into dangerous positions around the ground.
Many considered him close to our best player inn the VFL. His handball is often exquisite.

Ha! No, not my kitchen. But a poster on here not too long ago told me to get ‘back in the kitchen’.

Sadly, I haven’t managed to do that, but in honour of that honourable post from that honourable poster, I thought I’d include a picture of a fantasy kitchen in my avatar.:p
It's a very colourful kitchen!

Korda is just Dictator Ed's Right Hand Man
For all of Eddie’s fault (and I agree he stayed too long only because I think a President should have a max 8-10yr term), he is just as passionate about the club as you. Everything he did for the club I believe he did because he thought it was going to make the club better.

One other thing I will say is that when the club is down as it is, Eddie is someone you can rely on to fight like a caged animal for the Collingwood Football Club.

Gone as Board Member but we don't know is happening away from the Club
Well we don't know - how is worrying about it going to help mate?
This is a time of rebuilding and should be a time of looking forward, not backwards.
Obsessing over Ed is not going to make any difference so just let it go and be happier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back