VFL 2021 VFL R4 v Coburg (Sat 8-May 12.05pm @ Victoria Park) - [7plus, Casey radio]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes that is exactly what I want. An ACL will do nicely. Should do his draft value no end of damage.

That should get some interesting responses.

Jen2310 originally posted this on another thread

BE1C6842-6EB2-43C0-8020-CB1FFB2E0C4B.jpeg

Interested to know why Tohill has been moved from full back? Looked fairly sound there.

And moving Wilson deeper to full back after he had 30 touches and numerous intercepts last week playing higher up in defence?

Good to see young Moyle get another go. They must be somewhat keen on him

View attachment 1120655

Interested to know why Tohill has been moved from full back? Looked fairly sound there.

And moving Wilson deeper to full back after he had 30 touches and numerous intercepts last week playing higher up in defence?

With Moyle. They must have approached him to play. No Lynch. Cox would have had to ruck 100% of the time. Moyle also had the option for the U23 Young Guns game on Saturday which he is named in the squad. But with 27 players, a couple rucks, he may have thought he would get more TOG in the VFL than in the U23 game.

Its an interesting inclusion I thought when I saw the line up that's for sure.

With Moyle. They must have approached him to play. No Lynch. Cox would have had to ruck 100% of the time. Moyle also had the option for the U23 Young Guns game on Saturday which he is named in the squad. But with 27 players, a couple rucks, he may have thought he would get more TOG in the VFL than in the U23 game.

Its an interesting inclusion I thought when I saw the line up that's for sure.

Plus could Impress Collingwood for the Mid-Season Draft

As much as I like him. Another ruck isn't probably not something we need right now. Epecially with that overseas kid we have signed.

Depends how we rate them.

Only True Ruck we have after Grundy is Lynch and Overseas Kid are far from Certainties

Only True Ruck we have after Grundy is Lynch and Overseas Kid are far from Certainties

To date, Cameron has been better in the ruck than playing forward. Cox has played some of his best games when Grundy has been out, a more than handy backup.

True, but I prefer we look at only recruiting mature rucks instead of developing them for the future. That way you know whaty you are getting instead of a speculative pick and waiting for them to develop. Can get them cheap and they are ready to go straight away and play a role.

View attachment 1120655

Wouldn’t read anything into Wilson; he was named at full back last week too. Ditto Tohill on a wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To date, Cameron has been better in the ruck than playing forward. Cox has played some of his best games when Grundy has been out, a more than handy backup.

Cox is 30 Years Old so how long does he have Left?

Going by this, we're definitely interested

19-year-old Ned Moyle maintains his spot in the side after an impressive debut against Gold Coast last Friday night. Moyle is emerging as an option for selection in the mid-season draft after not being selected in the National Draft in 2020.

Might be why we have asked him to play instead of playing in the U23 game.

19-year-old Ned Moyle maintains his spot in the side after an impressive debut against Gold Coast last Friday night. Moyle is emerging as an option for selection in the mid-season draft after not being selected in the National Draft in 2020.

Think they gave a Wink that We are Right Into Moyle.

Trying to keep his Value Down ;)

I think we asked him to play because we don't have a ruckmen on our list, isn't Lynch injured?

I think we asked him to play because we don't have a ruckmen on our list, isn't Lynch injured?
Thats true, he is. Cox and maybe Tohil could have taken the ruck duties if Moyle was gonna play the U23 game. Plus he'd likely get more game time in the VFL than in the exhibition game tomorrow.

Thats true, he is. Cox and maybe Tohil could have taken the ruck duties if Moyle was gonna play the U23 game. Plus he'd likely get more game time in the VFL than in the exhibition game tomorrow.

they want Cox and Tohill to play in their proper positions as that’s the entire point of the vfl, not to win. Makes sense to get a cheap 19 year old ruck to fill the role in the short term.

they want Cox and Tohill to play in their proper positions as that’s the entire point of the vfl, not to win. Makes sense to get a cheap 19 year old ruck to fill the role in the short term.
Yeah, but in expense of him getting more exposure of being drafted? There must have been a win-win here somewhere. He was handpicked by recruiters to play in the U23 game. So he must have had some extra incentive to reject it to play VFL tomorrow.

Yeah, but in expense of him getting more exposure of being drafted? There must have been a win-win here somewhere. He was handpicked by recruiters to play in the U23 game. So he must have had some extra incentive to reject it to play VFL tomorrow.

More Chance of us Picking Him?

Recruiters will watch all the videos of any player they’re interested in. I don’t see him opting for VFL over the U23 game as a concern for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back