VFL 2021 VFL R4 v Coburg (Sat 8-May 12.05pm @ Victoria Park) - [7plus, Casey radio]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah ok. So why didn’t we hear about the 560-70 days that all the other draftees missed last year in that case?

Face it, it was a crock of sh*t comment designed to make it sound like Bianco had missed more football than he actually has.

Its just a random piece of trivia, not sure why youre so fired up about it. Even Bianco said he was rapt to be finally playing a game for points.

I've been happy all along to cut our 2019 draftees some slack due to lack of a VFL season.. on top of a delayed start in 2021 ...and injury in Biancos case.

Yeah ok. So why didn’t we hear about the 560-70 days that all the other draftees missed last year in that case?

Face it, it was a crock of sh*t comment designed to make it sound like Bianco had missed more football than he actually has.
Because it was mentioned for every other player in round one of the VFL season

Sounds like we have some good kids pushing through. VFL side now sits 3-1 I think, much better than the pre-season prognosticators suggesting we would be lucky to win a game.

I was one of those early naysayers. The VFL listed players didn’t excite me... and I had no idea just how well the 2020 and 2021 draftees plus Wilson would perform

A pleasant surprise

Because it was mentioned for every other player in round one of the VFL season
Was it? Because I didn’t hear anything of the sort. Certainly nothing about first game in xxx amount of days. Just general comments about the players finally being able to get to play for points.

Wilson deserves a call-up for his ambidexterity alone.

Certainly a lot rarer than it should be. One of the Geelong players last night was 10m out running past goal, chose to avoid his left foot to do a circle around and the ball went straight up the other end.

Good indication of how we're travelling last night too............nobody here could be bothered even noting that Richmond copped a thrashing.

Certainly a lot rarer than it should be. One of the Geelong players last night was 10m out running past goal, chose to avoid his left foot to do a circle around and the ball went straight up the other end.

Good indication of how we're travelling last night too............nobody here could be bothered even noting that Richmond copped a thrashing.
It's genuinely freakish. He literally decides just before the drop of the ball which foot he will kick off. And the ball drop is perfect for both sides.

Who cares! Isn’t the real point that we have another likely looking prospect to get excited about? For all our recent list carnage, perhaps the 2019 and 2020 drafts have been good for us. Lord knows we need something to look forward to.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So you’re just discounting last years scratch matches completely? I know they were short on players, and not for points, but he has played a full year against AFL listed opposition, regardless. I’m not sure why the 595 day narrative is at all necessary. He’s missed 6 weeks with an injury. That’s it.

ok - lm happy to drop the 595, narrative.
But it does nothing to dismiss how impressive he was and how good he looks with the ball in hand.
I’d put him ahead of Rantall and McCrae as he lhas far better disposal and a better decision maker.

Who cares! Isn’t the real point that we have another likely looking prospect to get excited about? For all our recent list carnage, perhaps the 2019 and 2020 drafts have been good for us. Lord knows we need something to look forward to.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

yeah, I’d love to get excited about Rantall but I just don’t see it, not fast or a great kick, doesn’t win his own ball, not much versatility.

tom Phillips 2.0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s quickly moving from competent depth to delist at the end of the year imo

He’s well there, IMO. He’s slow, poorly skilled, has no footy nouse (that failed mark/ spoil as the second man in was shithouse), he isn’t a leader and you could overlook some of that if he were young, but the kicker is he’s 28. List clogger delist.

Takes a comment about co-ordination and turns it into a question about mind reading.

Consult your fortune teller.

He’s well there, IMO. He’s slow, poorly skilled, has no footy nouse (that failed mark/ spoil as the second man in was shithouse), he isn’t a leader and you could overlook some of that if he were young, but the kicker is he’s 28. List clogger delist.
Yep
Make him VFL captain

Takes a comment about co-ordination and turns it into a question about mind reading.

Consult your fortune teller.

I see what you did, you made the comment about co-ordination and you then turned it into a question about mind reading. nice work.

It's genuinely freakish. He literally decides just before the drop of the ball which foot he will kick off. And the ball drop is perfect for both sides.

FWIW have you played the game? ball drop is one side or another not both...

FWIW have you played the game? ball drop is one side or another not both...
You have clearly misunderstood the comment. The ball drop for the left leg with the left hand is perfect, and the ball drop for the right leg with the right hand is perfect. It’s a comment about his ability with both sides of the body.

You have clearly misunderstood the comment. The ball drop for the left leg with the left hand is perfect, and the ball drop for the right leg with the right hand is perfect. It’s a comment about his ability with both sides of the body.
Sigh. It's not rocket science.

Disappointing to have injuries to Tohill and McInnes. Pretty much the last thing we and they themselves need. Hopefully nothing major.

The one thing I can comprehend is your suggestion that Wilson drops the ball, then decides which foot to use...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back