VFL 2021 VFL R4 v Coburg (Sat 8-May 12.05pm @ Victoria Park) - [7plus, Casey radio]

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s well there, IMO. He’s slow, poorly skilled, has no footy nouse (that failed mark/ spoil as the second man in was shithouse), he isn’t a leader and you could overlook some of that if he were young, but the kicker is he’s 28. List clogger delist.

I think Madgens straight line pace is sharp just he has the agility of a mack truck. He always struck me as pretty vocal organising the defence so not sure it's fair to say he has no leadership.

What really holds him back is spatial awareness in possession, his kicking and sometimes his decision making. I reckon he's useful for VFL and definitely needed until we get more key defensive coverage on the list.

Wilson though is showing us where the future lies. His skills are so slick and has the spatial awareness Madgen lacks. We need to debut him and get some games into him to see what he can do.

Didn't Murphy get subbed out? Why do that if he wasn't concussed?

Not sure, but the club doctor makes the call, so maybe the doc thought he could have had signs of concussion or could suffer delayed concussion, but apparently he was ok. Guess we will find out during the week.

I think Madgens straight line pace is sharp just he has the agility of a mack truck. He always struck me as pretty vocal organising the defence so not sure it's fair to say he has no leadership.

What really holds him back is spatial awareness in possession, his kicking and sometimes his decision making. I reckon he's useful for VFL and definitely needed until we get more key defensive coverage on the list.

Wilson though is showing us where the future lies. His skills are so slick and has the spatial awareness Madgen lacks. We need to debut him and get some games into him to see what he can do.

I don’t think Madge has found any real form thus far in 2021. His game against the Giants as close as he’s come to it. He’s always had those flaws but his positives generally more than offset them. Would definitely promote Wilson over him at the moment.

Not sure, but the club doctor makes the call, so maybe the doc thought he could have had signs of concussion or could suffer delayed concussion, but apparently he was ok. Guess we will find out during the week.
Can't believe (actually I can believe) that we're looking like being the club that challenges the concussion rules and to play a fringe player in a game with nothing hanging on it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I please have a quick summary of the game? Just saw the scores! Thanks!

if you want to watch it hop onto 7plus and they have the replay. burned my eyes on what is considered a HD broadcast, and for the national broadcaster not being able to white balance the camera is also an issue, but you can watch it!

Can't believe (actually I can believe) that we're looking like being the club that challenges the concussion rules and to play a fringe player in a game with nothing hanging on it...

I don't think the club will risk Murphy, as l think he has had a concussion situation previously, l can recall. The club will be wanting Roughead to play though, and he didn't look to happy yesterday having to come off, as he thought he was ok.

I don't think the club will risk Murphy, as l think he has had a concussion situation previously, l can recall. The club will be wanting Roughead to play though, and he didn't look to happy yesterday having to come off, as he thought he was ok.
In 2019, Roughy had a bad concussion and played on, thinking he was playing for the dogs. And was then concussed again last year.

Neither should be risked. Is their anything our club isn't behind the times with?

Last edited:
Didn't Murphy get subbed out? Why do that if he wasn't concussed?
He was subbed because he has a history of concussions, the club just erred on the side of caution, nothing wrong with that and he did pass the test, so should play next week

where can i find VFL stats?
If you download the footy live app it has a VFL tab where they update the stats during the game, just like the AFL app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back