Game Day 2021 VFLW Games

Remove this Banner Ad

You’re right I’m finding coverage of the VFLW really poor this year, I understand COVID may play a small part in it. It’s just really disappointing, I mean we’re also the reigning premiers. I definitely thinks there’s enough interest to warrant a stream or updates by the club.
Yeah, thats disappointing, especially now with aflw finished.

Looms like its the 4th quarter, we're still leading.
But the closest a team has gotten to us all season.

Yeah, thats disappointing, especially now with aflw finished.

Looms like its the 4th quarter, we're still leading.
But the closest a team has gotten to us all season.

True, yeah It’s looking pretty close, Essendon appear to be in good form so it’s a good test.

has a fixture for next week been announced? With us and Port Melbourne undefeated (assuming we win today) we’d both be 8-0.

At least our girls are giving us something to enjoy.

Port spanked by Casey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood's next match is this Saturday morning (10:45am) against the Richmond-aligned Port Melbourne (1st v 3rd) at North Port Oval.

Game will be on WARFRadio.com (and 89.1FM at the ground) from 10am, and also via Youtube (below).

this may be our biggest test

Strong inclusions

Collingwood
B:
70. J. Ferguson, 72. K.Lee
HB: 35. M.Shevlin, 5. A.Velardo
C: 13. Lambert
W: 63. G. Ricardo, 11. I. Purcell
HF: 51. M. Zander, 40. A. Moloney, 58. K. Colborne-Veel.
F: 77. I. Barnett, 55. C. Bunker
R: 92. S. King, 56. M. Neal, 60. J. Guy
Int: 66. T. Cowan, 25. M. Cann, 71. H. Bowey, 91. D. Hallett, 88.N. O’Connor
Emg: 90. C. Haslam, 99. M. Emond, 65. E. Jackson

In:
Bowey, Cowan, Lambert, Velardo, Casey, King
Out: Mifsud, Durante, Weston, Alexander, Emond, Jackson

Only caught bits and pieces of the game but a very good win. Port were looking like the walking wounded at the final siren. Did they get an influx of AFLW players as we did? Seems a little unjust that they were a highly competitive team and now face a few sides who benefit from that if they didn’t.

Only caught bits and pieces of the game but a very good win. Port were looking like the walking wounded at the final siren. Did they get an influx of AFLW players as we did? Seems a little unjust that they were a highly competitive team and now face a few sides who benefit from that if they didn’t.
Not sure. I looked through their side and didn't recognize anyone.

PM are aligned with the tigs, so the opportunity is there.

The only Port Melbourne player I knew was Richmond AFLW player Sophie Molan.

Edit - And of course former Magpie Melissa Kuys

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back