Review 2021 Vic U19 Trial Matches – June 27 (Stream on the Herald Sun Website)

Remove this Banner Ad

I do wonder whether Darcy would have the same hype if he weren't father son. He looks extremely promising but I feel the sample size is way too small at the moment and he's come from a very long way back (looking like MAYBE a rookie pick at best prior to this year)

Being a F/S does always help with media hype.

But it does seem like clubs have rated him higher for some time - they do like rapid development in talls, like with Jacob Edwards. I agree the sample size is small though. I'd have him comfortably below Thilthorpe and the King twins at the moment.

Being a F/S does always help with media hype.

But it does seem like clubs have rated him higher for some time - they do like rapid development in talls, like with Jacob Edwards. I agree the sample size is small though. I'd have him comfortably below Thilthorpe and the King twins at the moment.
Can't say I saw enough of Thilthorpe early to know how he was rated, but agree that I just don't see him being at the same level as the Kings were before being drafted. Doesn't scream generational talent to me (yet, at least)

I do wonder whether Darcy would have the same hype if he weren't father son. He looks extremely promising but I feel the sample size is way too small at the moment and he's come from a very long way back (looking like MAYBE a rookie pick at best prior to this year)
"Prior to this year" does mean 2019 though, given 2020 was completely wiped out for Victorians.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back